• ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Copyright, Icarry2, WDY Media

You sit at the desk to code a message. The group needs to know what you have been asked, they deserve to know..

Mr. Red and all of the others especially Mr. Grey are supportive and express that they will back you no matter what. Once a Marine, always a Marine..
    Semper FI, but in this case, FAMILY FIRST .....

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    06:47 Day 6

You wake to find Trey standing at the window of your bedroom, curtain pulled to the side staring outside. Your worried that all of this might be more then your loving partner can take. His is hurt, worn out, stressed out, and they ask him to go back to “work” for men who make decisions based on inferior information which puts everyone at risk.. You have no trust of the government, the military or the people who are wanting your husband, lover and best friend to go back to what he evidently did very well.

“Honey, are you ok?” you ask him as you get out of bed and walk up behind him, hugging him from behind has always has had a calming effect on him, he takes a deep breath and sighs. “Yes Baby” he answers you. “ I will be fine” He turns to you and looks at you, letting go of the curtains darkens the room as his hands touch your cheeks and he kisses you.. You start to cry, “I love you honey and so do the kids, please don’t leave us unless you know you are coming back.” It seems as though you stand there for an hour hugging each other swaying back and forth. Then Trey starts to dance with you like he used to do all the time. You laugh, kiss him and pull him back to bed.

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    08:05 Day 6

You wake to the smell of bacon being fried.. Too bad you didn’t have any eggs to go with it. Trey is still snoring as you slide out of bed, put on your comfy clothes and see to what needs done.

You walk into the kitchen and if you didn’t know better you would swear everything is normal. Music being played, using the stove top to cook, weird. Mary turns and looks at you as you round the breakfast bar, “Hi Mom, is Trey ok?” Mary had never called Trey Dad, only Shelly had started to slip and say it. But Mary asking showed genuine concern for the man who had taken care of them for the past few years.

You help her finish the bacon, she stops tending to the last pan of bacon and opens the oven to remove fresh made biscuits. You ask, “Is the generator keeping up?” to which Mary replies, “Nope the grid has been on for about an hour I figured why not at least start breakfast with it, if it went off I could finish with the white gas stove and bake box..” and you reply, “well cross your fingers it will let you wash the dishes with hot water..”

Mary looks at you and states, “Probably not, Thomas is in the bath..” As you walk back out of the kitchen, back around the breakfast bar and to the closed bathroom door, she knocked and said simply “hurry up”.. “Yes Mom” was the reply. Thomas was famous for taking hour and a half baths, he bathed like a woman…

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    08:15 Day 6

You are woken by the bedroom door being closed. As the chill of the closed off room hits your wife as she jumps into bed you notice high beams glowing.. You take some personal time to enjoy your partner..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    09:05 Day 6

You hear a commotion, someone is knocking on the front door. You jump up forgetting you have busted ribs and a bum knee… As the adrenaline is helping it doesn’t stop the pain.. About the time you make it to the front door everyone is already where they are supposed to be. Kids downstairs or in the back rooms, all TV’s and radio’s are off and the best half has her c\shot gun and is covering you from the blind side of the door.

Again a banging knock as you duck under the inner curtain and slide the outer one out of your line of sight. It is the Colonel, you told him Noon and he is early. A bad sign of desperation. You decide to make him wait in the cool morning air for just a few minutes more.

Finally another bang, bang, bang on the door.. His aid starts to look around the side of your house so you decide to go out and inform them of your answer.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    09:07 Day 6

You can’t hear what Trey or the Colonel is saying. You notice that at one point the Colonels aid, a Master Sergeant buts in probably to pull on the “oh train me oh wise one” string.. You notice the Colonel simply raise his hand and the SM shuts his pie hole.. Mostly Trey is shaking his head “NO” and since he hadn’t had time to tell you what he decided your on pins and needles waiting to find out what he says.

After about 10 minutes the Colonel gets a little heated to which Trey points to the Humvee and then shortly after the SM and Colonel shake hands with Trey and get back in the Humvee and they leave.

A moment after they are out of sight you open the door and let Trey back in..

As you shut the door and lock it again you turn to look at Trey and look at him. “What did you tell them?”

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    09:19 Day 6

Sorry for the pause, had a sick kid and family to take care of..

You look at your wife, she has that worried look on her face. You walk up to her, look her in the eye and with both hands on each side of her face you tell her..

I told the Colonel that I am hurt, I have a family to care for and that maybe, once my injuries are healed I could be of use but for now I am not of any use to him and would not be worth the reactivation.

He tried to explain that I would get the finest medical care to get me back in fighting shape ASAP, I told him I have a great healthcare plan and a personal nurse..

The Sergeant Major tried to express that the division needed my very specific expertise to which the Colonel shut him down as if to make me feel sorry for the SM and then agree to help them. I explained to the Colonel that until I am healthy and in ”warrior” shape I can’t even consider putting my life on the line.

The Colonel was not happy. Before he left I expressed that when asking for a man to leave his family and put his life on the line he should consider that when this man says come back at Noon you come back at Noon not 3 hours early..

The Colonel said he would check back “in a while” to which you explained to him not to bother.

Trisha hugs you and says that she loves you..

Then without skipping a beat you spout “I smell bacon!” and breakfast starts..

Hanen42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Ossian
    This is a real good story. I spent a good bit of 2 and a half hours scanning through all 46 pages the other night. Good reading!

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    10:05 - Day 6 - 05Sep

As your ribs are still tender your knee feels better. With all the commotion of the last day it seems that you need to slow down and let your body heal. The kids are staying busy keeping up with chores, washing, cleaning, doing what they can when the power is on. Good meals and plenty of water is keeping everyone healthy, except for your injuries all are doing well.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    10:20 - Day 6

You code a message for the 10:30 radio call. You know that Sarge and the others will want to know what your decision was. They will still think you have until Noon to let the Colonel know.

As the roll call starts everyone is on the call. When your turn comes and you report in as being on the call Mr. Red interrupts with “what’s the skinny son?” and you reply, I told them no. I told them I am not healthy, not in shape, not ready to put my life on the line and leave my family.

Mr. Purple butts in and expresses his agreement about the family and asks about your injuries. Good doctor that he is...

Everyone agrees that the comm. checks and reporting in can go to a three time a day schedule now unless there is a change in the situation it will now be 09:00, 15:00 and 21:00 for normal comms.

As you all sign off and wish each other well Sarge has a bit of a coughing fit, clears his throat and signs off abruptly.

clarky51

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Good decision - but intrigued to what his secret special ops skills are. Especially since an old man got a drop on him and knocked him down a flight stairs. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good decision - but intrigued to what his secret special ops skills are. Especially since an old man got a drop on him and knocked him down a flight stairs. :)

I am a bit confused by this as well.
    What ever happened to the fellow with the septic issues from early on?? anyone check on him yet. Curious.....
    More please sir.

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    I'm still wandering what's in the Bunker! He got knocked goofy before we found out ....
    Glad he stays although it would have been a good twist to get the rest of the story from a wife
    Left to fend for herself ....

Top Bottom