• Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    13:35 Day 5

Copyright, Icarry2, WDY Media

Your husband has been out on the porch talking to the two men in uniform for at least 4 or 5 minutes now.. What could they be talking about. You slide in behind the drapes and peek out. All you see if the higher ranking man talking and Trey who is shaking his head, mostly “NO” but some “yes” nods… You don’t trust anyone from our wonderful government who would show up unannounced..

After a few more minutes you see Trey shake hands with both men and they walk down the drive and get in a waiting Humvee. Trey watches them back out of your drive and pull away to the North to the main road.

As Trey turns to open the door you duck back under the drape and open the inside door for your husband..

“What did they want?” you ask as he walks in the door. As he peeks out the window pulling both drapes back to see that the Humvee actually left the area.

With a deep sigh Trey sits down on the couch and while shaking his head in his hands he looks up at you and explains..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    13:35 Day 5

Your wife knows that you used to be in the military. She never asked about it. None of the kids know, in fact your whole family, all of your friends, everyone you know never asked about your service. They just know you were in the service and that you went to school on a GI Bill. Now it all must come out..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    14:25 Day 5

After you glance over the “work” you performed while in the service your wife looks at you with a different admiration after you spend nearly an hour describing your service. Your “family” is shocked to have heard what they did about you and what you had done in the service.

Now it’s all come back. You have been asked to serve your country again. You explained to the men who requested your assistance that they should come back tomorrow and you will give them your answer.

You have the right to say no to the request but you swore an oath that cannot be broken as your honor would not remain intact.

You must think, talk with your family, work out the issues, prepare for the time of your decision..

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    oh man... what are you (I mean what is TREY) going to do> family? country? can there be both?
    I gues the question is who are you first?

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    19:25 Day 5

You sit at the desk to code a message. The group needs to know what you have been asked, they deserve to know..

Mr. Red and all of the others especially Mr. Grey are supportive and express that they will back you no matter what. Once a Marine, always a Marine..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    19:40 Day 5

You sign off the radio call and excuse yourself to the bedroom. You ask to be left alone for a little while so you can collect your thoughts and decide.

As you lay down and the pain of your injuries burn you decide that you cannot risk your life in your present condition. You have to be well. You are not, you cannot even trust your knee let alone your ribs.

You drift off to sleep, dream of old missions, old tasks and old memories haunt your dreams..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    22:46 Day 5

Trisha walks in the room as you wake from a wonderful dream of your family now. She was coming to check on you, she thinks your asleep, but you heard her open the bedroom door. You simply raise your hand and motion to her to come to you, she lays down with you.

You ask her, if you want me to say no I will, I will do whatever you want me to do..

She leans to you and kisses you, pulls back and tells you that she cannot tell you what to do, you have to figure that out on your own..

She cuddles up with you and you both drift off to sleep.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    04:30 Day 6

Trisha wakes you up, you were dreaming, screaming in your sleep. You wake to find your heart is pounding, your head is hurting and your chest is killing you.. Your lovely wife holds on to you and calms you with her touch, with her soft whispers in your ear that it will all be ok slow your heart, calm your pain and ease your mind..

A knock at the bedroom door, “Mom, is everything ok?” Mary asks… “Is Trey ok? Are you ok?” to which you reply “we are fine Sweety just a bad dream, go back to bed.”

You roll over and hug your wife telling her you love her..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He needs to stay put in my very humble opinion but that is why they call it a plot twist.
    More please sir. Look forward to these little bits and pieces.

Top Bottom