• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Why can't u steal from target or mejier...what's your major beef with walmart?

WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hftb_DVuelo[/ame]

I know they aren't the only large chain super market that does things like these. But i just don't like Chi-Mart. :patriot:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    so here is the question for the self righteous among us. when does looting become survival?
    what if the disaster goes on much longer than your preps? would any of the holier than thous let their children starve to suit their morals?

of course stealing isnt desirable. but really the key is "survival"

jake

Well thats why we have a forum to discuss survival techniques and prep....i am certain i could survival for a very long time with a few basic tools and the knowledge i have....i would encourage everyone to do that same. I just couldn't take from someone....even a multi billion dollar corporation. And its not worth the risk anyway.....because i tell you if.shtf and people try to loot my business i am lying down a wall of 7.62 rounds until it stops!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Also just to clarify, I never said i would steal from another person as others have stated. Only wal-mart. Does that make it any better? No, but if i only had 5 cans of food and a bag of rice and a bunch of freezer food, would it be neccesary to go get some canned goods? Yes. If there are no riots, then i would probably buy as much as possible and max out my debit card and worry about my late fees and overdrawn fees when panic settles.

my :twocents:

Just because you are not knocking down an old lady and taking her food does not make it right.

You talk about sweating blood and tears to get your survival colony established but you do not have any canned food set aside?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hftb_DVuelo

I know they aren't the only large chain super market that does things like these. But i just don't like Chi-Mart. :patriot:

Lol i have seen that.....its funny because so many things are so far from truth or only half of story is told. Do you realize how much money in taxes the company brings in to our government....or the millions it saves households a year or the over 2.1 million jobs it has created?

Anyway if shtf go rob them! Maybe another great citizen in there looting will fight you over last can of beans.....he may be armed too....what are you doing then?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well thats why we have a forum to discuss survival techniques and prep....i am certain i could survival for a very long time with a few basic tools and the knowledge i have....i would encourage everyone to do that same. I just couldn't take from someone....even a multi billion dollar corporation. And its not worth the risk anyway.....because i tell you if.shtf and people try to loot my business i am lying down a wall of 7.62 rounds until it stops!

Agree with your text in red.

As for your text in green.
    Or until they stop you via their own wall of lead and/or burn you out of your place. The inital "mob" you might be able to stop and/or make them run away but eventually the organized "mob" will come en force and will take you out (if you are but one).

Just because you are not knocking down an old lady and taking her food does not make it right.

In a true SHTF TEOTWAYKI right, wrong, good, bad cease to exsit when society goes out the window with the bath tub. Those words do not exisit if you are talking about basic survival which comes from the word survive.

survive - definition of survive by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

That word has no "morals bearings".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WETSU got canned. It was either speak his mind or wrap his head in duct tape to keep it from exploding.

He got temporarily banned so he could cool off. It's the price he paid for ignoring two different warnings to knock it off.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I just happened on this thread and words won't come. . . but I'll play:

First 5 minutes: Turn on radios looking for information. No radio? Problem
    Shudder? possible earthquake, I'll go outside to see what I can see. If there's been a nuke nearby, the blast wave will cause damage far outside the lethal radius; if it's an earthquake, utilities could be disrupted.
    All power out, no radio/television/telephone: emergency situation - prepare for evacuation. Monitor situation while preparing for evac; if no info presented, head for our BOL, using back streets and county roads as necessary to avoid entanglements. By dawn, we'll be within walking distance of our BOL and out of the local area.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lol i have seen that.....its funny because so many things are so far from truth or only half of story is told. Do you realize how much money in taxes the company brings in to our government....or the millions it saves households a year or the over 2.1 million jobs it has created?

Anyway if shtf go rob them! Maybe another great citizen in there looting will fight you over last can of beans.....he may be armed too....what are you doing then?

I agree partially. There are other factors (since the documentary is a few years old). Special benefits they get, how they treat their employees. Just because someone hires 2.1million ppl doesn't mean it makes them better. I can hire 2.1 million ppl and pay them $5hr and give them crappy healthcare/NO healthcare benefits.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I have spent much time and resources preparing and training for the unexpected. If in the end that is not enough, I am not going to violate my beliefs.

i understand! lets just pray that none of us have to make that decision for real.

jake

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Agree with your text in red.

As for your text in green.
    Or until they stop you via their own wall of lead and/or burn you out of your place. The inital "mob" you might be able to stop and/or make them run away but eventually the organized "mob" will come en force and will take you out (if you are but one).

In a true SHTF TEOTWAYKI right, wrong, good, bad cease to exsit when society goes out the window with the bath tub. Those words do not exisit if you are talking about basic survival which comes from the word survive.

survive - definition of survive by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    It would be far more than just me! The force is strong with me! Lol....but yeah i get you point....it would be dangerous....but i could not just sit and let it happen....i would rather die for a reason and know Im not a thief!

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011

That word has no "morals bearings".[/QUOTE]

I agree to an extend. But would you steal from a family?

Let's say the dad got shot and is wounded and you break into a home, and theres a wife and a 2 kids. Would you steal their food? :n00b:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    this!

jake

Then we are doomed.

Join the fun.

285e9c9fd43ba96922778065ee73a07b20090901142028.jpg

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    from one aspect this whole discussion is silly. in a true SHTF thats lasts for years, chances are that millions are going to die. would you have to take from a family? no. but there will be thousands of houses that are empty with things that you might be able to use. is it really stealing if there is no one around to own it? i dont think there is a great moral deli-ma here. sure if your goal is to be a pirate and just kill and pillage then you probably suck as a person but gee some of this is kind of sill :)

this is my fav forum here on INGO tho!

jake

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I was still waiting on an answer to my question. If while looting the Wal-Mart an employee(s) tried to stop you what would you do?

but there will be thousands of houses that are empty with things that you might be able to use. is it really stealing if there is no one around to own it?
    jake

Scavenging is much different. chrstian_indy was talking about going into a store that will most likely be occupied by employees whom might be protecting it and/or other civillans and stealing from them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom