• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    01:15PM You decide to venture out with the express purpose of gathering intel and returning home. Where do you go? What do you take?
    I load my nagant revolver and my mosin nagant. Load mags for the ar15 carbine and grab stripper clips for the sks. I get ready to go outside I have both my nagants and my knives also have a m1 30 carbine as a backup secondary. I have extra ammo for all my guns. I take 1 can of tomatos and some water. I ot outside with my dad and give my brother and sister and mother guns and tell them to defend the house if anyone comes.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Not the only one

Morals don't feed you or your family.

Chrstian_indy, will you take food from me?

How many people do yo know who are actually well enough prepared to live 6 mos on what they have in the basement? He'll have plenty of company trying to take your food and he'd better be the baddest SOB in the valley or he's gonna get had for breakfast. He's learning to be a mechanic. don't berate him, find an MSG that needs a Mech and put 'em together. Look for the win win.:rockwoot:
    Like it or not, as a group here on INGO we're not generally gonna survive as single entities but as a tribe. How many are prepared to KILL for the tribe? How many of us know enough of the "tribe" to ID other members? We're a tough lot of small targets at this juncture. Some targets harder than others, but targets nonetheless. For the unprepared rabble who will be amoral enough and hungry enough in two days to eat your dog on sight and consider you as a potential meal in three. Many of them will be armed. Many will have military training. Necessity is the mother of invention. How long do you think it'll take for them to figure out that every drive leads to a food cache? Won't take 'em long to figure out that numerical superiority and a dedicated assault wins for them every time. Some of them die, but some of them eat. We'll need power, transport and communication to be able to coordinate defense. Which will very quickly prove the need for offensive action. They will have to actively be driven out and kept away. A family of 6 can't defend more than about 2 acres well. Less if the children are small. MSG's will help. But holding enough ground to survive? Don't kid yourself. We'll have to be the militia.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Copyright, Icarry2, WDY Media

02:30PM - During your venture out you check with some other near by neighbors and find that no one has a clue what is going on. All local businesses are closed and empty. The local fire house is empty, not a single engine or vehicle is in the garage or in the parking lot. You see a few people out of their homes but most go directly inside when they see you walking.

02:47PM - On your way back to your home you decide to walk the way that takes you near a larger intersection. Taking a protected approach to the an area where you can see the intersection allows you to see two local police cruisers blocking it. The officers are in their cars sitting side by side obviously talking through the window to each other. Then all of a sudden you notice them both are started and then two officers get out of each cruiser in a hurry. One carrying rifle and one carrying a shotgun each from the two different cruisers. The comotion seems to be directed at your general direction. You stop moving and take cover. You hear a vehicle coming from behind you. You turn to see a large jacked up 4x4 diesel and you hear country music blaring. The officers motion for the truck to stop. It's driver, seemingly the only occupant of the truck floored the rig and with a belch of thick black smoke the truck accelerates towards the blocked intersection as you hear the music get louder.

The officers mothin again to slow down and stop, the rifle now being pointed at the truck and the shot gun officer deciding to take cover on the side of the road which the truck looks to be going around the blockage.

The truck doesn't slow down. The officer standing closest to the on coming monster motions to the rifle oficer to take aim, evidently instructing him to take out a tire. Then as the truck now traveling at least 50 mph gets within 100 or so yards of your position and maybe 300 yards from the the blocking cruisers. You turn your attention back to the officers, you see the front officer wave and drop his hand as you hear the crack of the rifle. The big truck swerves from the now blow out right front tire. OH NO, you notice that the rig is now heading in your direction. You take cover in a ditch near a storm drain. You hear another crack and then sqauling tires and a large thundering crash. The truck has rolled over on it's side in the ditch your hiding in not 30 feet from you with the music still blaring and the diesel slowly choking on it's own fluids as it stops.

You peek your head up just enough from behind the over grown area near the drain where you took cover to see three of the officers running in your direction. You turn and see the driver of the big truck moving around in the cab. You have limited cover but think you can get away from the area if you move now.

What do you do?

Stay put and hope to remain hidden?

Or

Flee in the opposite direction of your home?

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    02:30PM - During your venture out you check with some other near by neighbors and find that no one has a clue what is going on. All local businesses are closed and empty. The local fire house is empty, not a single engine or vehicle is in the garage or in the parking lot. You see a few people out of their homes but most go directly inside when they see you walking.

02:47PM - On your way back to your home you decide to walk the way that takes you near a larger intersection. Taking a protected approach to the an area where you can see the intersection allows you to see two local police cruisers blocking it. The officers are in their cars sitting side by side obviously talking through the window to each other. Then all of a sudden you notice them both are started and then two officers get out of each cruiser in a hurry. One carrying rifle and one carrying a shotgun each from the two different cruisers. The comotion seems to be directed at your general direction. You stop moving and take cover. You hear a vehicle coming from behind you. You turn to see a large jacked up 4x4 diesel and you hear country music blaring. The officers motion for the truck to stop. It's driver, seemingly the only occupant of the truck floored the rig and with a belch of thick black smoke the truck accelerates towards the blocked intersection as you hear the music get louder.

The officers mothin again to slow down and stop, the rifle now being pointed at the truck and the shot gun officer deciding to take cover on the side of the road which the truck looks to be going around the blockage.

The truck doesn't slow down. The officer standing closest to the on coming monster motions to the rifle oficer to take aim, evidently instructing him to take out a tire. Then as the truck now traveling at least 50 mph gets within 100 or so yards of your position and maybe 300 yards from the the blocking cruisers. You turn your attention back to the officers, you see the front officer wave and drop his hand as you hear the crack of the rifle. The big truck swerves from the now blow out right front tire. OH NO, you notice that the rig is now heading in your direction. You take cover in a ditch near a storm drain. You hear another crack and then sqauling tires and a large thundering crash. The truck has rolled over on it's side in the ditch your hiding in not 30 feet from you with the music still blaring and the diesel slowly choking on it's own fluids as it stops.

You peek your head up just enough from behind the over grown area near the drain where you took cover to see three of the officers running in your direction. You turn and see the driver of the big truck moving around in the cab. You have limited cover but think you can get away from the area if you move now.

What do you do?

Stay put and hope to remain hidden?

Or

Flee in the opposite direction of your home?
    Take aim with the mosin nagant and fire Ill take a officers leg off. The other doesn't know where the shot came from but continues running towards the car. I take aim with my Mosin again and fire takes him in the leg like the other. Get out of the ditch and help the driver out of his car take him back to the house. While putting 2 rounds back in the mosin.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Follow up. Sorry for the delays..

News today: Some 694,000 of the 1.4 million customers throughout Southern California who lost power have now had power restored, San Diego Gas & Electric Co. reported at about 2:45 a.m, 11 hours after the outage occured.

I'm thinking you know something you're not telling us........ :scared:

An electrical worker mistakenly removed a piece of monitoring equipment at a substation in southwestern Arizona..

One little thing shut all those people's power off..

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Power Outage with limited or no communication at 10:25 PM?

I'm arming myself and will proceed with a quick stroll around the house/outside to look for anything "strange".

With absolutely no power in sight and I begin to hear SIRENS/Police... Level 2 Concern:

I'm packing up, getting my SHTF prep kit ready to roll and am locking down the house, armed, until... Level 3:

It becomes obvious of any kind of Catastrophic/Outbreak/Rage/Zombie/Alien, whatever...

Now I'm loading up my car with necessities, taking survival-basic things and driving away from the action.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Take aim with the mosin nagant and fire Ill take a officers leg off. The other doesn't know where the shot came from but continues running towards the car. I take aim with my Mosin again and fire takes him in the leg like the other. Get out of the ditch and help the driver out of his car take him back to the house. While putting 2 rounds back in the mosin.

Why are you shooting the officers? BTW you sound like a heck of a shot being able to shoot at running legs while under a wee bit of stress/ pressure. And why take out the driver?
    Personnally I'd stash the weapon and crawl out the pipe. I can probably get out of it just by showing my D.L. saying I live close.:twocents:

Bob

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Why are you shooting the officers? BTW you sound like a heck of a shot being able to shoot at running legs while under a wee bit of stress/ pressure. And why take out the driver?
    Personnally I'd stash the weapon and crawl out the pipe. I can probably get out of it just by showing my D.L. saying I live close.:twocents:

Bob
    They shot at a car they might shoot at me and notice I didn't kill them. I also helped the driver because he could be of use. I didn't kill the driver. Also they where runnning straight towards me and I had a rest to put my rifle on. I like this game and It looks like ive started the combat.

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    How many real ones you been in? Also. they shot the tire out. What makes you think they will be such easy targets? It sounds fun when you think it's a game but reality is a whole nuther ballgame.

Bob
    None, I'm taking advantage of the game.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I would have been sleeping when the whole thing started. Once I found out it was a shtf situation I would load up my car or truck, which ever has more fuel and get to my families house out in a less populated area. Even if the roads were closed I Would have went. If things had gotten that bad I doubt that there would be police taking the time to arrest you, I could be wrong, but I would take the chance.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Now THERE'S a thought

A family of 6 can't defend more than about 2 acres well. Less if the children are small. MSG's will help. But holding enough ground to survive? Don't kid yourself. We'll have to be the militia.
    I like the way you say it, "... be the Militia," not "... become the Militia."
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "tacit Militia" on these posts 100% caucasian? My family has a cache in a storage-barn within hiking distance. And we have at least 5 routes to it, not including any roads. We do accept armed and prepared overnight guests. EBG

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Switching to 24 hour clock, its what I am used to..

Copyright, Icarry2, WDY Media

14:48 - You remained hidden. The cops running toward you stopped just short of your position. You watched the rifle office take aim towards the truck and rip three rounds through the busted up windsheild at the moving traget in the truck.

You realize you haven't taken a breath in over two minutes. You slowly exhale and slowly breath in as you hear your heart pounding in your ears.. Then suddenly you hear the two officers who stayed back by the cruisers radio the two closer to you. The two closer to your position turn back towards the cruisers then take off running.

To the left you notice a mini van approaching from the west road from the intersection. It stopped about 100 yards back from the intersection. The driver, a woman, is instructed by one of the officers to put the van in park and turn off the engine and to stay put across one of the cruisers PA speakers.

You hear the van shut off. The officers at the intersection only equipped with their side arms slowly walk towards the van with guns drawn but pointing at the ground.

The two long gun officers reach the crusiers about the time the pistol officers reach the van. You hear the officers near the van order the driver out of the van. On the ground, prone, face down, fingers interlaced behind the head, feet crossed. You hear a baby crying. One officer covers the driver, a woman maybe in her early 30s with long blonde hair. The other officer walks to the passenger side of the van and with gun drawn tells the passenger to get out and do the same. From the passenger side comes a young female, maybe 14 or 15. Once she is on the roadway laying face down, fingers and feet set being covered by the same pistol officer the second goes to the side door on the passenger side. The crying baby gets louder as the officer opens up the sliding door.

BOOM! A shot rings out. The officer falls backward with a puff smoke. Not sure what to make of the sitation the other pistol officer points towards the van as if to indicate to the long gun officers to open fire. Neither do more then they were, standing at the cruisers with guns shouldered and ready. The baby crying probably keeps them from openning fire.

Agrivated, the pistol officer who hunches down in front of the van taking cover at the front passenger corner of the van and then radio's the long gun officers to approach. As they walk towards the van you decide to bail out and get away.

You slowly walk down the drainage ditch and as soon as your out of sight and ear shot you break south to cirlce back towards your home since that direction has the most cover.

You get home without any other incident, not seeing a soul. Once you get home you debrief with your family and clean up.

What do you do next?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom