• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am confused about this situation?

1. Democrats take both houses and the Governorships by running on a anti gun platform fueled by Bloomberg money.

2. The Republicans did not win.

3. Elections have consequences (President BHO taught us that)

How people that are supposed to be “woke” would vote to align with that governor or LT. governor defies logic.
    But why would anyone be amazed that the government would prepare a budget to enforce new laws by providing money to the correctional budget? That just makes sense or am I wrong they should not prepare the budget based on enforcing new laws?

So the right is wanting to protest and do sit ins how will that change anything?

Again I will say this is on the electorate as they got exactly what they voted for.

Now is it right.....hell no. But what can be done.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have heard that dems in kentucky are wanting to do what they are doing in virginia now, we were looking for property in kentucky til i heard this, will wait and see!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    042udOT.jpg

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have heard that dems in kentucky are wanting to do what they are doing in virginia now, we were looking for property in kentucky til i heard this, will wait and see!

Republicans have a supermajority in the KY Senate and a very strong but not quite supermajority in the KY House.

The proposed bill from a Louisville Democrat is just as DOA as that nit from Indianapolis that introduces similar stupidity every session.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I am confused about this situation?

1. Democrats take both houses and the Governorships by running on a anti gun platform fueled by Bloomberg money.

2. The Republicans did not win.

3. Elections have consequences (President BHO taught us that)

How people that are supposed to be “woke” would vote to align with that governor or LT. governor defies logic.
    But why would anyone be amazed that the government would prepare a budget to enforce new laws by providing money to the correctional budget? That just makes sense or am I wrong they should not prepare the budget based on enforcing new laws?

So the right is wanting to protest and do sit ins how will that change anything?
    Surely you're not proposing the people of Va roll over?
    The right doesn't do protests/sit ins very well while the left certainly does do better, but we have to start somewhere. Are you suggesting that the citizens of Va do nothing except wait until the next election to try to vote some more people in that might try to change what has been already done? That doesn't work well.
    Even if the guy I voted for didn't win, the rep that did win is still my rep, and he should listen to me as well as others. While elections have consequences and mistakes were made, Virginians have a right to try to convince 'their' legislator to listen to them, and by the looks of the social media echo chambers I find myself in they should be in the majority and should able to put a stop to these proposed laws.
    To not protest is to roll over, which plays right into the hands of the left and is exactly how they would expect us to react.
    Shouldn't we try? I just feel like if we don't try we should follow that logic to its conclusion and just turn em all in now.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Virginia rolled over on Election Day the “people” of VA that cared about issues voted. Only people who vote get heard protest and sit ins are great if they carry over to the ballot box. The officials ran on a ticket of anti gun policy and won it wasn’t a hidden fact or a trick they are now acting on what they said they would do.
    Does anyone believe in a state were the Governor appears in ether blackface or a KKK get up and advocates for abortion after birth cares what gun rights people think? The population centers in VA are deep blue and D.C. has thrown up swamp rats into VA like bad gas station food. The woman that flipped off the President is a legislative official now if she got elected what that does that signify?
    We will see what happens on the big rally on the 20th most gun rights people have jobs so that’s not conducive to protests. I really don’t envision a mighty populist rising to protest if they would not vote why would they protest? In the end VA has went the way of NY,NJ,CA,MA and the other states that people won’t ship stuff to. In addition our views from Indiana are different than Virginia people we are by in large pro gun no matter what even most Democrats here are pro 2AD. Virginia is a east coast state that is closer to NY than IN in ideals and moral standards.

While many you tube gun dudes are preaching all this Virginia stuff lets see how many of them show up in VA for the protest just like they did for the “red flag” incident in NY.

BTW
    Has anyone heard from the NRA? The silence is deafening! Where’s Wayne?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Virginia rolled over on Election Day the “people” of VA that cared about issues voted. Only people who vote get heard protest and sit ins are great if they carry over to the ballot box. The officials ran on a ticket of anti gun policy and won it wasn’t a hidden fact or a trick they are now acting on what they said they would do.
    Does anyone believe in a state were the Governor appears in ether blackface or a KKK get up and advocates for abortion after birth cares what gun rights people think? The population centers in VA are deep blue and D.C. has thrown up swamp rats into VA like bad gas station food. The woman that flipped off the President is a legislative official now if she got elected what that does that signify?
    We will see what happens on the big rally on the 20th most gun rights people have jobs so that’s not conducive to protests. I really don’t envision a mighty populist rising to protest if they would not vote why would they protest? In the end VA has went the way of NY,NJ,CA,MA and the other states that people won’t ship stuff to. In addition our views from Indiana are different than Virginia people we are by in large pro gun no matter what even most Democrats here are pro 2AD. Virginia is a east coast state that is closer to NY than IN in ideals and moral standards.

While many you tube gun dudes are preaching all this Virginia stuff lets see how many of them show up in VA for the protest just like they did for the “red flag” incident in NY.

BTW

Probably jetting off somewhere to buy some new tailor made suits or another (what would be for us) once in a lifetime hunt.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The NRA should be looking at legal action if they are not already. Everybody outside of Virginia should pause to see what happens next. I'd like to think this won't get to the point where the governor hires some sort of ersatz storm troopers to get around local sheriffs not enforcing the law. Butt stroking toddlers to get to the family guns won't go over well anywhere in this country.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Of course the NRA or anyone else can't do anything at this point. The Assembly is not in session and they have not, as of yet, passed any of the proposed bills.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Copied from The Book of Faces...

A public service announcement to all would be tyrants (Virginia pay close attention).

When liberty turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote. The governor of Virginia stated this week that he was in favor of gun confiscations to force people to comply with the proposed gun legislation. These new laws would turn nearly every gun owner in the state of Virginia into criminals overnight. These tyrannical proposals are even so radical they would ban all self defense training, even your kids karate class.

You tyrants should pay close attention to this picture. These are the people you claim you will confiscate weapons from. Governor Northam and his band of tyrants even said they would activate the National Guard and send them against the citizens of Virginia.

Now before you start giving those orders, you probably should pay attention to your opposition. I see a fleet of off road vehicles equipped with communications gear and experienced "trigger pullers" to operate them. Governor Gage could not disarm the colonist during the Revolution, and when you kick this hornets nest, the fallout is going to make the revolutionary war look like a cubscout campout.

This is a freedom issue. As of this writing over half of the counties in Virginia have declared their intentions to defy any new gun legislation. Some have even gone as far as to adopt militia resolutions. Our brothers and sisters from Carolina to California stand ready to respond to the call.

Our still hunting brothers and sisters make up the largest standing private infantry unit in the world with a sniper corps several MILLION strong.
    Our bow hunters are some of the best at using concealment to hide and get close.
    Our bird hunters only shoot at moving targets. Those guys are skilled with the shotgun.
    Our rabbit and raccoon hunters go places that many fear to tread. From the thickest briar patch to the deepest swamp, they follow their prey.

The HOUNDSMEN are literally the cavalry. They know how to coordinate a hunt over large distances and are quite skilled at hitting moving targets. They also are quite skilled at using radio to relay messages and direct fire.

Governor Northam pay attention, you can not defeat an enemy that is literally EVERYWHERE. You have literally drawn a line in the sand and declared war on your own citizens. This will not stand.

We might argue and fuss among ourselves but you outsiders best leave us alone. The US hunters as a whole make up the largest standing army on the planet. Many of us are veterans. Sometimes you are not aware of the power you actually possess."

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

BTW
    I think anyone can be heard whether they vote or not. Would've been convenient if they would have just voted. But my point is that if enough of the population protests, the legislators will realize (if they don't already) that they were elected by a minority and that their jobs will be in jeopardy next election if they vote this stuff through, because they see the majority protesting. I think the potential to protest is there if they will follow through. One of the things we have going against us is that the right are more of a live and let live, I gotta go to work type than the left.
    Maybe all this is undue optimism but I hope not.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    This “Governor” you speak of appeared in blackface or KKK gear and has no good answer to why and is completely confident in killing children after birth. The point being he is still the Governor of Virginia and the people of Virginia voted for a Democratic majority in a fair election.

Our ancestors were not provided fair representation by the crown the people of Virginia are complaining about not voting in a fair election. This is no different than the “million woman march” after Hillary’s defeat, lose a election and experience the results?

There is no “Army” of the people coon hunters are not standing become a Calvary unit. Nobody in California is coming to VA to fight the results of a fair election.

The “ trigger pullers” were spent out a few weeks ago in NY over the boogaloo that was declared over red flag laws.

The majority voted the minority didn’t most people in VA are all about “gun control” .

If a large turn out is present on the 20th and swamps the statehouse with the NRA at the point of spear I will by the cheeseburgers.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The NRA should be looking at legal action if they are not already. Everybody outside of Virginia should pause to see what happens next. I'd like to think this won't get to the point where the governor hires some sort of ersatz storm troopers to get around local sheriffs not enforcing the law. Butt stroking toddlers to get to the family guns won't go over well anywhere in this country.

Come on man, you spent time inside of the Beltway, the citizens haven't done much with the draconian laws passed in DC,MD, NY,NJ, CO, CAL and so on. I'm gonna bet Va good citizens will roll over like the rest have done.The left gets in office, the gerrymandering starts and shortly the rural counties are part of the big liberal counties and with that.
    Its ****ing cooked and done for VA. This started a few decades ago there. History constantly repeats itself, and we just dont learn from it.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I think anyone can be heard whether they vote or not. Would've been convenient if they would have just voted. But my point is that if enough of the population protests, the legislators will realize (if they don't already) that they were elected by a minority and that their jobs will be in jeopardy next election if they vote this stuff through, because they see the majority protesting. I think the potential to protest is there if they will follow through. One of the things we have going against us is that the right are more of a live and let live, I gotta go to work type than the left.
    Maybe all this is undue optimism but I hope not.

I've stood in front of those in the Maryland Statehouse on a few occasions in my life. Most sitting in front of me, could have cared less at what the citizens were saying.
    They were more interested in eating, surfing or playing Candy Crush on their phone.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    This “Governor” you speak of appeared in blackface or KKK gear and has no good answer to why and is completely confident in killing children after birth. The point being he is still the Governor of Virginia and the people of Virginia voted for a Democratic majority in a fair election.

Our ancestors were not provided fair representation by the crown the people of Virginia are complaining about not voting in a fair election. This is no different than the “million woman march” after Hillary’s defeat, lose a election and experience the results?

There is no “Army” of the people coon hunters are not standing become a Calvary unit. Nobody in California is coming to VA to fight the results of a fair election.

The “ trigger pullers” were spent out a few weeks ago in NY over the boogaloo that was declared over red flag laws.

The majority voted the minority didn’t most people in VA are all about “gun control” .

If a large turn out is present on the 20th and swamps the statehouse with the NRA at the point of spear I will by the cheeseburgers.
    Cant take it back now since I've quoted it. Notice I'm trying to cheat a little bit here.

Maybe I've misunderstood the whole time that these reps were voted in by the minority because the majority stayed home. If that's how the majority feels then I will concede my point for sure. Time will tell.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Copied from The Book of Faces...

A public service announcement to all would be tyrants (Virginia pay close attention).

When liberty turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote. The governor of Virginia stated this week that he was in favor of gun confiscations to force people to comply with the proposed gun legislation. These new laws would turn nearly every gun owner in the state of Virginia into criminals overnight. These tyrannical proposals are even so radical they would ban all self defense training, even your kids karate class.

You tyrants should pay close attention to this picture. These are the people you claim you will confiscate weapons from. Governor Northam and his band of tyrants even said they would activate the National Guard and send them against the citizens of Virginia.

Now before you start giving those orders, you probably should pay attention to your opposition. I see a fleet of off road vehicles equipped with communications gear and experienced "trigger pullers" to operate them. Governor Gage could not disarm the colonist during the Revolution, and when you kick this hornets nest, the fallout is going to make the revolutionary war look like a cubscout campout.

This is a freedom issue. As of this writing over half of the counties in Virginia have declared their intentions to defy any new gun legislation. Some have even gone as far as to adopt militia resolutions. Our brothers and sisters from Carolina to California stand ready to respond to the call.

Our still hunting brothers and sisters make up the largest standing private infantry unit in the world with a sniper corps several MILLION strong.
    Our bow hunters are some of the best at using concealment to hide and get close.
    Our bird hunters only shoot at moving targets. Those guys are skilled with the shotgun.
    Our rabbit and raccoon hunters go places that many fear to tread. From the thickest briar patch to the deepest swamp, they follow their prey.

The HOUNDSMEN are literally the cavalry. They know how to coordinate a hunt over large distances and are quite skilled at hitting moving targets. They also are quite skilled at using radio to relay messages and direct fire.

Governor Northam pay attention, you can not defeat an enemy that is literally EVERYWHERE. You have literally drawn a line in the sand and declared war on your own citizens. This will not stand.

We might argue and fuss among ourselves but you outsiders best leave us alone. The US hunters as a whole make up the largest standing army on the planet. Many of us are veterans. Sometimes you are not aware of the power you actually possess."
    This is great and all, but just be aware that with a flick of a switch they can turn off your comms; radio, internet and otherwise, the flick of a joystick they can zoom the satellites in and see all your movement, and a few strokes on a keyboard can have drones following you, I have no idea what they can do.
    A person considering this needs to count the cost (everything) and be as educated about it as possible.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Virginia gun store says firearms, ammunition, and magazines flying off the shelves. Upswing on buying by cash

I was wondering why buying with cash was up. These people were supposedly going through 4473 background checks, so they aren't off the books. But then I saw that it is being driven by some proposed legislation:

Virginia freshman Democratic Rep. Jennifer Wexton, who was previously a state senator, has proposed legislation in Congress to use credit card data to track gun purchases.
    Rapp said his clients are increasingly concerned about privacy issues. Since the November elections, they've been purchasing with cash rather than credit cards.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Look people
    just because you lose an election and elections have consequences doesn’t mean the winning party can just **** on the bill of rights. You agree?
    help them out. Join VCDL.org
    AA

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    This is great and all, but just be aware that with a flick of a switch they can turn off your comms; radio, internet and otherwise, the flick of a joystick they can zoom the satellites in and see all your movement, and a few strokes on a keyboard can have drones following you, I have no idea what they can do.
    A person considering this needs to count the cost (everything) and be as educated about it as possible.

Yes, the GOVERNMENT can, but I doubt that ANY Governor has that kind of power

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany

And yet here we are, 18+ years later with all this technology, still fighting in Afghanistan...

Top Bottom