• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Read what I thought was a good comment concerning this on IG today, basically stating that they will back off at the last minute about the actual confiscation, and when they do many will be "happy" to compromise on the other parts of the bill, mainly all firearm purchases go through a background check, and then that effectively shuts down many LGS, through denials, and people not wanting to go through the hassle. When the LGS are all closed, it's a big step to solving the left's problem of an armed populace.
    The left knows better than to drop this frog of angry gun owners into the boiling pot, and has once again used its power to compromise another step further to its goal. The blood thirsty ones calling for a boogaloo or whatever will be disappointed and just go back to their regularly scheduled programming while having their rights whittled away once again.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Their jurisdiction stops at the county line. Still, deputizing every qualified citizen in the county with orders to prevent gun confiscation, will be a crow-bar in the spokes of northram's agenda
    I don’t know where you get the jurisdiction thing, these days, and most states, if you are sworn, your statutory authority exists throughout the state?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Read what I thought was a good comment concerning this on IG today, basically stating that they will back off at the last minute about the actual confiscation, and when they do many will be "happy" to compromise on the other parts of the bill, mainly all firearm purchases go through a background check, and then that effectively shuts down many LGS, through denials, and people not wanting to go through the hassle. When the LGS are all closed, it's a big step to solving the left's problem of an armed populace.
    The left knows better than to drop this frog of angry gun owners into the boiling pot, and has once again used its power to compromise another step further to its goal. The blood thirsty ones calling for a boogaloo or whatever will be disappointed and just go back to their regularly scheduled programming while having their rights whittled away once again.

That is an interesting spin. Agree to drop house to house, and deny enough purchases to cause dealers to cease to exist. But what if dealers band together, with the sheriff blessing and agree that the state background check is void, and allow sales based on federal check?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That is an interesting spin. Agree to drop house to house, and deny enough purchases to cause dealers to cease to exist. But what if dealers band together, with the sheriff blessing and agree that the state background check is void, and allow sales based on federal check?
    I see your point that there are a LOT of moving parts to this whole thing. It's like chess, which I'm not all that good at, I react to the latest thing, not looking forward, which I think describes a lot of people on this, just reactionary. The person that looks forward increases their chances of winning. Play the long game.
    The sheriff's banning together and encouraging their constituents to stick together is probably the best hope. No matter the moving parts, I believe the leftists are not stupid enough to follow through with all this, and they may even be able to make the ones playing defense (which we shouldn't be doing anyway!) look bad. I hope I'm wrong and they're that stupid.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Their jurisdiction stops at the county line. Still, deputizing every qualified citizen in the county with orders to prevent gun confiscation, will be a crow-bar in the spokes of northram's agenda

Does it stop at the county line? I had the impression (would a INGO LEO please confirm or correct me) that, at least in Indiana, LEO's all have state-wide jurisdiction.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does it stop at the county line? I had the impression (would a INGO LEO please confirm or correct me) that, at least in Indiana, LEO's all have state-wide jurisdiction.
    This is correct in Indiana. Not sure about Va.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Colion Noir talks about VA Gov increasing corrections budget in anticipation of going after gun owners.

Seeing that I've posted more than one of Colion Noir's videos total on INGO, I hope that there are no accusations that I idolize or partake in "celebrity-whoring" about Noir.

[video=youtube;S39U5kDTIBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39U5kDTIBg[/video]

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I don’t know where you get the jurisdiction thing, these days, and most states, if you are sworn, your statutory authority exists throughout the state?
    "Sherriff" isn't a county office? I can't imagine that LEOs can operate in a another's jurisdiction without permission/cooperation. It's one thing to arrest someone committing in front of you, going across state to arrest rogue legislators sounds outta bounds to me

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    "Sherriff" isn't a county office? I can't imagine that LEOs can operate in a another's jurisdiction without permission/cooperation. It's one thing to arrest someone committing in front of you, going across state to arrest rogue legislators sounds outta bounds to me

I'm not sure why everyone is getting hung up on the jurisdiction issue. My point was for good citizens to stand up and stop tyranny. Jurisdiction has nothing to do with it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am confused about this situation?

1. Democrats take both houses and the Governorships by running on a anti gun platform fueled by Bloomberg money.

2. The Republicans did not win.

3. Elections have consequences (President BHO taught us that)

How people that are supposed to be “woke” would vote to align with that governor or LT. governor defies logic.
    But why would anyone be amazed that the government would prepare a budget to enforce new laws by providing money to the correctional budget? That just makes sense or am I wrong they should not prepare the budget based on enforcing new laws?

So the right is wanting to protest and do sit ins how will that change anything?

Top Bottom