• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    C'mon do we really need to remake every decent movie that was ever made.

Jeff Bridges playing a role immortalized by John Wayne?

They already killed the Omega Man, The Longest Yard & Walking Tall, now True Grit..Please Do Not make any Old Yeller remakes.

I want some of my childhood memories to remain. Someone needs to tell Hollywood to make some original scripts and leave the classics alone.:soapbox:

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    I predicted Jeff Bridges would be Rooster, he can do anything. Supposedly the first one didn't follow the book. I don't read fiction prdinarily but I may read that just to see if this effort is worth it.

I didn't like the first one. John Wayne phoned that performance in. It was like a Disney movie before they went to the dark side. He reminded me of Fess Parker as Daniel Boone or Johhny Depp as John Dillinger.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I actually thought the original was the second worse John Wayne movie. A close second to Hatari!

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    On the fence ,one of my favorite one liners is in true grit but Jeff Bridges might reintroduce the cowboy genre movie to a new audience

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There must be a million different western screen plays to pick from so remaking John Wayne's westerns just doesn't seem right. I'm old and grew up on John Wayne movies, he is an American Icon, best remembered as he was.:)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't like the idea either. There will always be one John Wayne. BUT, I do think Jeff Bridges will do a good job. I don't think he will disappoint.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    There has never been a truer statement ever uttered on this forum :rockwoot:

Hollywood should come up with some new ideas instead of ripping off the classics :draw:
    Just took the family to so the new Harry Potter movie. Watched previews for True Grit, Tron, the Green Hornet, and the Lantern. Not an original idea in sight. What's next, remakes of Zardoz and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? Oh well, at least Glen Campbell isn't in the new True Grit.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I saw the preview for True Grit when I went to Paranormal Activity 2. I thought it looked pretty good. I guess I'm too young to be so in love with the original that I won't go see the remake.

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    I introduced my son, now 12, to The Duke years ago. We visit Ouray Colorado every other year where much of True Grit was filmed. I am not a Bridges fan, but it's better than some of the other choices like Cruise and Pitt which, thankfully, aren't old enough to do the job. What I got a kick out of is Barry Pepper is playing Ned Pepper.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom