• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The wife and I had a date last night and saw it. The Dude abides. I'll definitely be buying it on DVD when it comes out.

I generally like to stay around for the credits, generally to make fun of them, and to see if there's a stinger at the end. In the middle of True Grit's credits, there's a line crediting "Mr. Damon's abs double". Still not sure about that one.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The wife and I had a date last night and saw it. The Dude abides. I'll definitely be buying it on DVD when it comes out.

I generally like to stay around for the credits, generally to make fun of them, and to see if there's a stinger at the end. In the middle of True Grit's credits, there's a line crediting "Mr. Damon's abs double". Still not sure about that one.

LOL, that is hilarious.

I was going to go see this in the theater, but since I end up buying pretty much all Coen Brother's movies and since I just bought a badass TV, I think I'll just wait to buy this one on Blu Ray.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am with Vanguard 45 fand Grimor. JW played the same person in each film UNTIL "The Shootist". I grew up with the Duke. Then I realized he stayed behind in WWII when guys like Lee Marvin were takin g hits on Saipan. A calculated move on Wayne's part. Want to see a great movie? Watch "The Professionals" with Marvin, Woody Strode, Burt Lancaster and RObert Ryan. Now that is a Western!!

I think the Coen Brothers and this new cast will finally put some GRIT into "True Grit"!
    You had better get your facts, straight..... John Wayne, had a knee injury, from playing college football, and tried to JOIN, EVERY BRANCH of the U.S. MILITARY !!!!! They all told him NO !!!!! That is why he made so many war movies, because he could not serve, he served that way..... I saw the movie, did not care for it, liked the original better..... YES Duke, played himself, in all his movies, he refused to compromise his beliefs, for anyone..... wish there were more people like him today !!!!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My wife and I watched the movie tonight. She hates westerns, but really enjoyed this movie. I didn't care much for the ending. But after seeing the original this morning, and watching the new version, I was surprised. Jeff did a really good job. I really liked this version. I do like the original better, but this one is very close.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not exactly sure to be honest. I've never really been able to explain what it is about their movies that I like so much but this one just didn't seem to have it like most of the others. Not a bad movie, just not what I've come to expect from them.

Top Bottom