• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Id say you need the SA Vickers Master Class. That pretty much has what you mentioned

iM6DXD3.jpg

Not the Vickers gun but a worked over MC Operator , I definitely have a "type" when it comes to 1911's

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I take it that we are no longer punishing Springfield anymore? What happened to " No new Springfield guns for me!! ", lol

Just an observation. I find it funny that, As a primarily right group that complains about the lefts cancel culture some gun guys are worse.

There was Bill Rugers misstatement in the early 1990’s. S&W in the late 1990’s. Zumba saying something he didn’t understand

Dick Metcalf for I don’t even know why when him and 2 others were the reason Illinois got their permits.

For those examples maybe some folks shouldn’t throw the term snowflake around as much as they do.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    To the untrained eye it seems a loaded without front slide serrations and lacking a full length guide rod.

Not familiar enough with the Range Officer (aside from knowing they had adjustable sights) but seems it’s gone and this is here.

This seems to be middle ground between the mil-spec and loaded…but at what advantage and/or disadvantage?

And noticed when comparing via their website, loaded ships with two mags; Garrison deems only one needed.
    Yes, it looks like basically the Loaded without front serrations and an ambi-safety and the guide rod. It might just be the photography but the finish looks a bit better on the SS vs the SS Loaded. I don't use the Spfd magazines so it doesn't matter to me what they come with. I don't think there is an advantage/disadvantage just an option with more classical styling, especially the blued one.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Dan Wesson
    Here is the Dan Wesson I can afford. Ammo cheap too, $3.50 for 1000 rounds lol!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m wondering how they’ll sell it that cheap? What have they done to drop the price that low? What are they making, what are they importing, and what’s mim???
    Msrp 300?less than Ruger, 100 less than mimber (I mean kimber) and only a Benjamin more than Taurus!

They have to be cutting corners somewhere? I mean front serrations and a ambi safety can’t cost 300 bucks?!?!?

Or am I missing something?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I’m wondering how they’ll sell it that cheap? What have they done to drop the price that low? What are they making, what are they importing, and what’s mim???
    Msrp 300?less than Ruger, 100 less than mimber (I mean kimber) and only a Benjamin more than Taurus!

They have to be cutting corners somewhere? I mean front serrations and a ambi safety can’t cost 300 bucks?!?!?

MSRP seems about right, if anything i'd say Rugers MSRP on their 1911 is a bit inflated.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Last Taurus 1911 I seen was $660. Why not spend a little more for a Ronin? Are Taurus 1911's normally that much?

Springfield is making nice 1911's for a very decent price. Why not stock up on them?

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    As a veteran, the name "Garrison" initially lead me to believe that it was a 1911A1 style pistol and yet when I looked, it has all the extra bells and whistles.

Then I looked up the word garrison.
    "Garrison is from the Old French verb garir, meaning "defend, protect."

Ok, fair enough.
    I thought the same thing. Expecting just a basic blued 1911. Now I am going to have to look up a lot of Army terms and phrases.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Springfields killing me, first I need a new SA-35 'Hi-Power' and now they just announced this 'Garrison' model which is a nice blued gun (or stainless) with Novak sights and no front slide serrations, it looks great to me.

I would like a stainless model with a set of pachmayr wrap around combat grips.

Top Bottom