• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I get the sentiment, but suggestions can be ignored. And as of now, this isn't a law, executive order or policy. So.....

There is enough garbage coming out from the Biden regime that I prefer to save my concerns for actual infringements, and this doesn't appear to be one of those things.
    I trust absolutely nothing coming from this administration.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A solution looking for a problem, based on the false assertion that deaths related to firearms are the leading cause of death among children.

"Safe storage" doesn't stop people who choose to use firearms in an intentional manner, nor does "safe storage" stop people who choose to steal firearms.

"Safe storage" might reduce the (already historically low) number of accidental firearm deaths among actual children.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    A solution looking for a problem, based on the false assertion that deaths related to firearms are the leading cause of death among children.

"Safe storage" doesn't stop people who choose to use firearms in an intentional manner, nor does "safe storage" stop people who choose to steal firearms.

"Safe storage" might reduce the (already historically low) number of accidental firearm deaths among actual children.
    wait, you mean lumping 18-19 year old gang bangers with a 3 foot long rap sheet into the "children" category isn't intellectually honest? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    wait, you mean lumping 18-19 year old gang bangers with a 3 foot long rap sheet into the "children" category isn't intellectually honest? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya.
    It's not just the 18-19 year-old adults. "Child" in this context means "human prior to puberty", which is generally understood to be up to 12 (and in some legal contexts, up to 14). Even further, excluding children aged 0 - 1, as the cited study does, further exacerbates the cherry-picking problem.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It's not just the 18-19 year-old adults. "Child" in this context means "human prior to puberty", which is generally understood to be up to 12 (and in some legal contexts, up to 14). Even further, excluding children aged 0 - 1, as the cited study does, further exacerbates the cherry-picking problem.
    wait... anti-gunners were cherry picking data? NO! That can't happen!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention is kicking into high gear in advance of the Primaries and November General Election -- including all the usual gun-grabber organization suspects that have representation there. They had a big event at the White House this past week with another nifty word salad speech by the VP. Expect all sorts of stuff to be spewed out between now and November.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I agree. Go F yourself!

Be a parent, fix mental health issues we have in this country and leave the guns out of this! We had no mass shootings when gun racks were in pickup trucks en mass...

I've notice the more .gov sticks its ******* nose into society, the worse things get.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Merging and dusting these off. Here I thought Chicago was suing Glock because Chief Scumbag and the rest of the the Brady Bunch (props to @BigMoose for that reference) were out of a job since the 2024 Legislative Session drove a stake through the heart of Gary v. Glock (236 BC... not that long ago but close) and they were out of a job.

The House Oversight and Accountability Committee says the Biden-Harris administration is stonewalling an investigation into potential "collusion" with a gun control group founded by billionaire former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to boost Chicago’s lawsuit against Glock Inc.

Since June, neither the White House nor the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, better known as the ATF, has responded to multiple inquiries from the committee.
    "The American people should be very concerned that, rather than prosecuting criminals, the Biden-Harris White House is colluding with anti-Second Amendment groups, and rather than responding to serious congressional requests with transparency, the White House is choosing to not comply with our request," Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., told Fox News Digital.

The committee has been investigating the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention's communications with the Everytown for Gun Safety regarding a lawsuit by the city of Chicago against Glock, a firearms manufacturer.
    "The White House’s Office of Gun Violence Prevention, overseen by Vice President Harris, is stonewalling the Oversight Committee’s investigation into potential collusion by White House officials with anti-Second Amendment groups despite our multiple requests," Comer continued.
    In June, Comer wrote to Dettelbach and Feldman to inquire about a case in which the administration was communicating with the Bloomberg-founded Everytown for Gun Safety, which was providing legal assistance to the city of Chicago for its lawsuit against Glock, a firearms manufacturer.

Then, in mid-August, Comer wrote to ATF Director Steven Dettelbach after the committee learned that the ATF had used encrypted apps and text messages to communicate with officials in the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On the same subject, this is from a recent Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association newsletter. It was kind of long so this is just the second main point. ISRPA members: you may have seen this, twice. A two-parter on SCOTUS and how we got here (2A is not a second-class right) is coming soon.

The article title was catchy I thought ;)

The Most Important Election in our Lifetimes (and this time I really mean it.)

I will be the first to admit the previous three paragraphs paint less than a rosy picture. While reading an op-ed published in The Federalist by Dr John Lott (President, Crime Prevention Research Center) I was reminded that things could actually be worse. The title of the article: If elected, Kamala Harris would be the most anti-gun President in US history. Having met Dr Lott a few times, I can tell you a couple things about him. First, if there is a stereotype for an Economics Professor, it is Dr John Lott. Second, when he makes a statement, he backs it up.

Forced “gun buybacks” (incredibly misleading since the government never owned them, taxpayer-funded confiscation seems more accurate,) taking executive action if Congress won’t change the law (clearly unconstitutional, but that hasn’t stopped the current administration.) In an amicus brief to SCOTUS in 2008 the Democrat nominee for President argued the constitutionality of gun bans since there is no individual right to possess firearms. Thankfully SCOTUS saw it differently.

Heading up the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention, VP Harris and her team of gun-banners managed to come up with the following:

“Eliminate gun manufacturers immunity from liability.” As with any manufacturer, if a defective product is brought to market there can be lawsuits. This is a direct attack on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Ford and Jim Beam don’t get sued for drunk drivers. If they did, there would be a similar law for automobile and liquor manufacturers. This is an attempt to sue firearms manufacturers out of existence.

“Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.” It would be helpful if “assault weapons” could be identified by means other than “anything we want to ban.” The country had a quote-unquote assault weapons ban from 1994-2004. An Analyst from the Bureau of Justice Statistics stated that another ban would have results that were “too small to measure” or “statistically insignificant.” As far as high-capacity magazines, no one can seem to agree on a number of rounds that constitutes “high.” Much like the number of home-invaders can’t be predicted.

“Mandate people lock up their guns.” This was addressed in the landmark DC v Heller (2008) as well as when New York changed the SAFE Act law prior to a SCOTUS decision. Responsible gun owners secure their firearms. Responsible governments encourage, rather than mandating.

“Impose background checks for all firearms transfers.” Universal background checks require universal registration. As history has taught us, registration leads to confiscation. Only the law-abiding follow the law. I’m sure the criminal element who trades drugs for guns will participate in universal background checks, being the law and all.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The head of the ATF is an out and out Democrap loser bureaucrat who has no knowledge of firearms and only takes his orders from the likes of Bidiot, Kumala, Soros and Moms who desperately need some action! They can all go to hell!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    @KellyinAvon hence why I called him Chief Scumbag, him and his little Indian scumbags were up to no good. They just wanted to leak info discovered in the case, and waste Glocks legal departments money and time. Now they went to Chicago, and it turns out the Feds are helping them.

We shoulda tossed Chief Scumbag in the canal, at least that would have calmed down his hair.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JTINDY59
    Top Bottom