• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @KellyinAvon hence why I called him Chief Scumbag, him and his little Indian scumbags were up to no good. They just wanted to leak info discovered in the case, and waste Glocks legal departments money and time. Now they went to Chicago, and it turns out the Feds are helping them.

We shoulda tossed Chief Scumbag in the canal, at least that would have calmed down his hair.
    Chief Scumbag was sporting a circa 1971 Robert Reed. Seems appropriate that he was with the Brady Bunch.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On the same subject, this is from a recent Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association newsletter. It was kind of long so this is just the second main point. ISRPA members: you may have seen this, twice. A two-parter on SCOTUS and how we got here (2A is not a second-class right) is coming soon.

The article title was catchy I thought ;)

The Most Important Election in our Lifetimes (and this time I really mean it.)

I will be the first to admit the previous three paragraphs paint less than a rosy picture. While reading an op-ed published in The Federalist by Dr John Lott (President, Crime Prevention Research Center) I was reminded that things could actually be worse. The title of the article: If elected, Kamala Harris would be the most anti-gun President in US history. Having met Dr Lott a few times, I can tell you a couple things about him. First, if there is a stereotype for an Economics Professor, it is Dr John Lott. Second, when he makes a statement, he backs it up.

Forced “gun buybacks” (incredibly misleading since the government never owned them, taxpayer-funded confiscation seems more accurate,) taking executive action if Congress won’t change the law (clearly unconstitutional, but that hasn’t stopped the current administration.) In an amicus brief to SCOTUS in 2008 the Democrat nominee for President argued the constitutionality of gun bans since there is no individual right to possess firearms. Thankfully SCOTUS saw it differently.

Heading up the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention, VP Harris and her team of gun-banners managed to come up with the following:

“Eliminate gun manufacturers immunity from liability.” As with any manufacturer, if a defective product is brought to market there can be lawsuits. This is a direct attack on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Ford and Jim Beam don’t get sued for drunk drivers. If they did, there would be a similar law for automobile and liquor manufacturers. This is an attempt to sue firearms manufacturers out of existence.

“Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.” It would be helpful if “assault weapons” could be identified by means other than “anything we want to ban.” The country had a quote-unquote assault weapons ban from 1994-2004. An Analyst from the Bureau of Justice Statistics stated that another ban would have results that were “too small to measure” or “statistically insignificant.” As far as high-capacity magazines, no one can seem to agree on a number of rounds that constitutes “high.” Much like the number of home-invaders can’t be predicted.

“Mandate people lock up their guns.” This was addressed in the landmark DC v Heller (2008) as well as when New York changed the SAFE Act law prior to a SCOTUS decision. Responsible gun owners secure their firearms. Responsible governments encourage, rather than mandating.

“Impose background checks for all firearms transfers.” Universal background checks require universal registration. As history has taught us, registration leads to confiscation. Only the law-abiding follow the law. I’m sure the criminal element who trades drugs for guns will participate in universal background checks, being the law and all.
    Found where I posted this finally. ISRPA members check your email for a legislative update. Part one of my elections have consequences/especially with the Supreme Court article is out.

Top Bottom