I'd like to dedicate this post to the Taurus TH model handguns and how to work on them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been wanting to get one for months and was finally able to get one, it came in yesterday.

It feels very stiff all over but has lightened up some with dry firing and working all the controls but it needs a lot more help, and it needs Wolff springs bad.

So what I'd like to do is collect tips on how to disassemble and reassemble as well as any known helpful modifications.

I've already sent an email to Wolff springs to see if they have or if they're going to make a spring kit for the TH models.

After close examination it looks like a quality maid handgun but just like a lot of other guns the springs are unnecessarily strong In my opinion and I'd like to look for places that can be smoothed up if at all.

Anybody else interested?

Was this common with your TH?
    Language warning on video.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Okay guys and gals just because I know incquiring minds want to know, I took some pictures of the magazine release so you can see how it's configured.
    You will notice that the sliding surfaces are not polished but have a bit of a rough texture to it which is probably why they're hard to push. A little stoning and polishing ought to do wonders as well as a good lubricant like case lube.
    20240907_165749.jpg20240907_164452.jpg

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Okay, after about 500 or so rounds and a lot of dry firing the TH-10 has loosened up considerably including the magazine release and is much more manageable and I couldn't ask for better accuracy (see target above in #27) and so far I haven't had any ftf or fte so there's that.

I found that a little lighter hammer spring did not help, in fact it resulted in too light of a strike on the primer and not much improvement on the trigger so scratch that idea.

After becoming more familiar with the TH-10, I find that I really like it.
    It's not a S&W revolver or a 1911-A1 or a barbecue gun but as I said before it seems to me to be a solid work horse.

The finish on the slide is utilitarian and I'm not concerned about maring it up from use and I find it easy enough to rack even with my pitiful hands.

The sights are fine with me and I see no need to change them, YMMV.
    I do find a need for a Magula magazine loader for even just a few rounds but that's the way it is with most magazines these days.

The grip panels can be described as aggressive but if there too aggressive for you, you can always take the sharpness off with a little sanding, it won't hurt the looks at all.

I would have no problem using it for any situation but if it's too powerful for you, get the TH-9, I might as well just for the heck of it.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    P.S.
    I tried a drop of case lube, you know, the kind you use for resizing rifle cases, it's like STP that they used to use in car engine's and it did wonders for the magazine release button.

Also, I went looking for a good Kydex holster to carry it in and found a really nice one on the Taurus web site made just for the TH series and at a very reasonable price of $25 plus shipping of $8.75.
    It's a retention holster exactly like I was looking for.
    So I think I'm all set now. Cheers.

Top Bottom