New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    If his open carrying in Sante Fe County would keep their governor for extending her ban to other counties beyond Bernalillo County, why did not the fact that people were already OCing in all parts of the state keep the ban from occurring.
    Open carry is and has been legal in New Mexico without a license or a permit, before this. Her ban is tied to the number of crimes per 100,000 people. 1000 per, in Bern Co, I believe. The only one that meets the criteria, which she arbitrarily set so that it would meet the criteria.

I’m not following your line of questioning I guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I think you're right. Wife and I love the Southwest a lot. Arizona has been Kalifonicated and NM has been a liberal **** hole for damn near a century. Maybe we just move to mexico?
    I don’t know.

I’ve been proudly flying the US flag on a 30’ pole out front for the entire world to see since I moved here. Below that is the Gadsden Flag. Not the yellow New Mexico flag, but hard to tell hanging limp.

I struggled big time moving here, because I feared this very possibility. Other option was Oklahoma. Wife wanted to be near one of the kids. This made more sense, I let her pick. We may have chosen unwisely. Wisconsin is NOT New Mexico, by a long ways, but it seems to be moving in that direction.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

Awesome!!

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

New Mexico Constitution​

Article IV - Legislative Department​

§ 36 Officers subject to impeachment.​

Universal Citation: NM Const art IV § 36
    All state officers and judges of the district court shall be liable to impeachment for crimes, misdemeanors and malfeasance in office…

I stand corrected on that. I never researched it. Many calling for her impeachment, with a few that seemed like they should know saying it wasn’t an option.

Our state rep, Stefani Lord and Jay Block, a rep from down south are both working on impeachment. I guess they would know?

Having said that, I don’t see many if any Democrat NM state reps supporting an impeachment. This is a Democratic stronghold on par with CA and NY, tho without the population it doesn’t (normally) get the news they do. I could be wrong, Lord and Block clearly know more than I do about it. But I suspect a bit of political grandstanding is goin on here and impeachment is merely a dream. I’m all for it tho, just don’t see it happening.

Last edited:

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Open carry is and has been legal in New Mexico without a license or a permit, before this. Her ban is tied to the number of crimes per 100,000 people. 1000 per, in Bern Co, I believe. The only one that meets the criteria, which she arbitrarily set so that it would meet the criteria.

I’m not following your line of questioning I guess
    Your actions had no effect on what the governor did or might do. They only had meaning to you. Someone seeing you OCing now would not see any more significance to it than if they saw you OCing a month ago.

More meaningful responses might include writing to the local newspaper, posting a yard sign stating your stance on her unconstitutional actions, joining or contributing to local or national pro-2A organizations. They are the ones with the means to file injunctions and spread the word about actions like hers. If money is tight, even $5.00 contributions help.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Your actions had no effect on what the governor did or might do.

Agree
    They only had meaning to you. Someone seeing you OCing now would not see any more significance to it than if they saw you OCing a month ago.

Can’t know this, either you or me.
    More meaningful responses might include writing to the local newspaper, posting a yard sign stating your stance on her unconstitutional actions, joining or contributing to local or national pro-2A organizations. They are the ones with the means to file injunctions and spread the word about actions like hers. If money is tight, even $5.00 contributions help.

Agree. I have a 30 foot sign in my front yard stating my stance? First Amendment? Member of GOA and NMSSA. (NM Shooting Sports Association.)

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    I struggled big time moving here, because I feared this very possibility. Other option was Oklahoma. Wife wanted to be near one of the kids. This made more sense, I let her pick. We may have chosen unwisely. Wisconsin is NOT New Mexico, by a long ways, but it seems to be moving in that direction.
    I lived in North Texas for 20 years, the Oklahoma choice would have been the better one. Those folks are god fearing, gun-toating patriots out there.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I lived in North Texas for 20 years, the Oklahoma choice would have been the better one. Those folks are god fearing, gun-toating patriots out there.
    We weighed out the pros and cons of each for a long while. Oklahoma would have certainly been better aligned with our political views. Have grandkids both places. Oklahoma child is not as solidly set, and we feared we could end up moving there and still not be near them in the near future. Lots of pieces to juggle in this. Also considered the middle like Wichita Falls, Texas, but then 4-5 hour drive to each. 20 minutes and 9 hour trips now.

Wife retired to move here. I’m retiring next June. New Mexico is a nice/ok/good/??? place to live if you have some money, but a terrible, Terrible, TERRIBLE place to live if you don’t. The upside of that last statement is plenty debatable I’m afraid.

The Land of Enchantment. Come on vacation, leave on probation.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Saw this in linked article:
    The rest of the public health order, including directives for monthly inspections of firearms dealers statewide, reports on gunshot victims at New Mexico hospitals and wastewater testing for illicit substances, remains intact.

Say what? I had not heard about the rest of this.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Saw this in linked article:

Say what? I had not heard about the rest of this.
    Oh yeah, it’s all there. They are compiling a database of all gunshot victims at hospitals, to include the caliber of the weapon used. I suspect 9mm is going to come out as the fall guy….

Testing wastewater at schools for drugs. Pretty much anything and everything except anything that would really impact actual crime.

Monthly inspections of FFLs to better be able to yank licenses for misspelled words and such.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    To show how far-out Grisham is, the judge who blocked her cockamamie order was a Biden appointee. I hope the Democrats continue to distance themselves from her, and make her horrific views an outlier. Hopefully she just signed the end of her public and political career!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Attachments

• gov.uscourts.nmd.492592.11.0.pdf
      223.3 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To show how far-out Grisham is, the judge who blocked her cockamamie order was a Biden appointee. I hope the Democrats continue to distance themselves from her, and make her horrific views an outlier. Hopefully she just signed the end of her public and political career!
    I heard Biden is eyeing her as a replacement for Kamala.

Top Bottom