New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    1) did the NRA give up their 501(c)(4) status? You compared them with a corporate CEO. It’s our money that ************ is spending on living larger than he is.

2) if you’re the head of a gun rights organization that depends on the donations of your members, maybe don’t **** them off by squandering their money so you can live larger than you are.

3) I am very concerned that the NRA’s power has been neutered due to the actions of the HMFIC trying to live larger than he is with my money. **** WLP. May a thousand goat farmers mistake him for their Friday night fling.
    We were told to stop this conversation here. I will not engage here.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Report from the ground, 22 miles east of Albuquerque.

1. Open carried Sat, Sunday, and Monday on my normal dog walk in the east mountains. Probably pretty safe, once in a while see a Bern Co Sheriff. This morning news broke that BCSO and APD would not be enforcing said insanity.
    2. Sunday went to church in Edgewood, Santa Fe County, and open carried into church for the first time in my life. P226, so not a tiny hard to see firearm. Pastor said something about the decree in passing about it, but not the main topic of discussion by far. As it should be. Nothing said to me by anyone, tho I am pretty sure somebody off to my right likely noticed. I’m not big on the idea of open carry in church, concealed absolutely. I do open carry everywhere else as I DO NOT have my NM Conceal Carry Permission Slip and no plans to get it.

3. Today got a little braver and went to Home Depot on Eubank to purchase a security door for our daughter, who lives in ABQ. Home Depot either ALWAYS has private security or BCSO on site for loss prevention. Today was private security. I did not try to avoid them, not sure they noticed but if they didn’t they should be fired as I walked right past them twice. Have to admit I was somewhat relieved BCSO was not on site.

4. I never go to ABQ unarmed except for work as a truck driver where a firearm would get me fired and I won’t leave it in my personal vehicle for two nights. It is locked inside an electric gate and would likely be safe, but not taking a chance. I do have a gun safe bolted under my back seat, in a pick up.

5. I’m flying my US Flag upside down as a declaration of distress. Nothing happened with that yet except three people honked driving by. I’m in a very conservative area, our state rep is even a Republican. Stefani Lord.

6. Pray for us. Probably should have been #1.

Attachments

• IMG_3814.jpeg
      IMG_3814.jpeg
      106.9 KB · Views: 1

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Copied that from a post on another site from Monday, late morning.

Since then the Attorney’s General has come out that his office will not defend state officials in any lawsuits regarding this, declared it unconstitutional, and the Tyny Tyrunt has basically doubled down on her position. ABQPD, BCSO, and The Mayor have all come out opposing or vowing to not enforce. The great unknown seems to be the NMSP who I believe have not made any mention either way, but are under the governors control. I know there were several open carry rallies in and around ABQ, none of which I attended. I’m back up in Salt Lake now. Clearly, she will get shot down but it might have to come from outside of New Mexico as this place is as blue as Kaliforniastan and NY. I’ve read, but not positive that impeachment is not an option for the governor in NM but probably a moot point as both branches are at least 2:1 Democrat, and have been for close to 90 years.

We are in the NE corner of Bernalillo Co, 1 mile south and 1 mile west of Santa Fe county. Which is not much better actually, but doesn’t meet the parameters for this edict. Knowing what I know now I might have insisted on a house not in Bern Co, but my wife and daughter were in charge of house hunting. We love everything about our house except its proximity to Albuquerque. Mostly. My biggest issue up to this is that there is absolutely no shooting on private property in Bernalillo County. Only gun ranges that all have range officers. You could own a 100 acres and still couldn’t shoot on it. Foretunately, we are 11 miles from an outdoor area in Santa Fe Countyvwe can shoot at, unsupervised. Which may be good or bad depending on how many kooks are there. Things are quite different out here from Wisconsin, or Indiana, as I remember it.

Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Report from the ground, 22 miles east of Albuquerque.

Thanks for the updates! This is getting major national attention in every way, as it should. I only hope this forces Grisham out of office (Impeachment, resignation, lost re-election, etc...) forever, as she has gone far more crazy than even previous anti-2a dictators. Only very large and very obvious consequences for her will stop similar instances of this in the future!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Lady needs to read the room. When even the pundits at CNN and the freakin ACLU are calling you out, you might have overstepped a bit.

I honestly think they lefties drew straws to see who would have to try this as a test run. She drew the short one.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I believe it was the CNN interview the tyny tyrunt either said or did not correct that New Mexico has a waiting period for firearm purchases. That is NOT TRUE, there is no waiting period here.

Every year they have a whole load of anti gun bills qued up for the legislature to consider, rehashed “assault weapon” ban, registration, ban open carry, etc. a year or two ago they passed a red flag law and this year a safe storage bill was passed, if your kid gets your firearm you can/will also be charged if they shoot someone. So far, they’ve stemmed the tide mostly on this garbage but it gets closer every year. The Northwest and south east corners are very conservative and pro gun, but the population is in Albuquerque and Santa Fe and they are as blue crazy as you can get.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Or just exhibit courtesy to those that work to keep our favorite site going, a courtesy you obviously do not have…
    You didn't even need to respond so that we could all know your virtues..yet you did twice! You are to be admired!

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Thanks for the updates! This is getting major national attention in every way, as it should. I only hope this forces Grisham out of office (Impeachment, resignation, lost re-election, etc...) forever, as she has gone far more crazy than even previous anti-2a dictators. Only very large and very obvious consequences for her will stop similar instances of this in the future!

She is termed out after this year. I’m pretty sure there is no option for impeachment for .gov in New Mexico, and I doubt she would ever resign. New Mexico was like the third longest state to continue the mask mandates. There are still a lot of people in ABQ wearing masks and it almost seems like they are coming back now? We moved here in June of 2021 after a full year of no masks in Wisconsin and the day we got here she reinstated a mask mandate. Which was mostly ignored outside of ABQ. Health care is pretty terrible here, I guess the Natives got hit very hard by Covid, but lots of non running water along with alcoholism, drugs, and generally unhealthy lifestyle probably didn’t set people up for success? Education is 51/51, weather is mostly awesome. Scenery is beautiful. Kind of a place of extremes I would say. We moved here for grandkids, my wife is a retired school district administrator/former teacher and she is either going to home school grandkids or private school. No way public school in ABQ!!!

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    2 thoughts:

#1) Its hard to be proactive about something when you're happy with it. Ofcourse the commie left is always on the offensive - they're the ones trying to degrade our civil rights!

#2) I see a lot of high ranking officers and public officials 'denouncing' the governor's actions... I don't see ANY of them moving to arrest or remove her, even though she has committed multiple crimes on both state and federal levels... even though they have BOTH the office and duty to do so.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like this governor is trying to make a virtue signalling name for herself?

I keep hearing that she was on the list to be Biden's VP, until Harris checked more boxes?

We should certainly learn from this. The modern day democrat will stop at nothing for self advancement. Sadly, they get away with it.

Further, this outrageous militant sort of stuff becomes the norm and the narrative of the rest of the loons, not to mention the news.

:xmad:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m pretty sure there is no option for impeachment for .gov in New Mexico,

New Mexico Constitution
    Article IV - Legislative Department
    § 36 Officers subject to impeachment.​

Universal Citation: NM Const art IV § 36
    All state officers and judges of the district court shall be liable to impeachment for crimes, misdemeanors and malfeasance in office…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    She is termed out after this year. I’m pretty sure there is no option for impeachment for .gov in New Mexico, and I doubt she would ever resign. New Mexico was like the third longest state to continue the mask mandates. There are still a lot of people in ABQ wearing masks and it almost seems like they are coming back now? We moved here in June of 2021 after a full year of no masks in Wisconsin and the day we got here she reinstated a mask mandate. Which was mostly ignored outside of ABQ. Health care is pretty terrible here, I guess the Natives got hit very hard by Covid, but lots of non running water along with alcoholism, drugs, and generally unhealthy lifestyle probably didn’t set people up for success? Education is 51/51, weather is mostly awesome. Scenery is beautiful. Kind of a place of extremes I would say. We moved here for grandkids, my wife is a retired school district administrator/former teacher and she is either going to home school grandkids or private school. No way public school in ABQ!!!
    This makes more sense. She has no risk of not getting re-elected. She really doesnt think any of her fellow dems would ever impeach a fellow dem. This is a chance for her to make a name for herself on the national stage.

So she's grandstanding like a mofo and will get away with it even if her EO is knocked outta the park by the courts.

Top Bottom