New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Even this Norwegian Fleet Admiral is coming out against the unconstitutional edict!

(Wait, What? That's a Sheriff? No way! Dudes got 5 stars and that lower sleeve rank insignia the Navy has. From New Mexico, should have a cowboy hat and ride up on a horse!)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'd be happy with them facing charges for violating constitutional rights, same as is brought against police when they do so, except it should be a charge for every citizen whose rights they violate.
    I really like that. Perhaps gaged by reasonable effected persons. So in her case I would say every citizen in the state.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What happened beyond anything that routinely happens in the president/CEO suite at most companies that have $400,000,000 flowing through them? Sam Walton and his type are dead and gone. Just typical conservatives cut their own nuts off every time the left plays gotcha with the leadership. The left sure as heck does not follow the playbook they goad conservatives into following.

The general lack of concern for the damage done to the NRA astounds me…
    1) did the NRA give up their 501(c)(4) status? You compared them with a corporate CEO. It’s our money that ************ is spending on living larger than he is.

2) if you’re the head of a gun rights organization that depends on the donations of your members, maybe don’t **** them off by squandering their money so you can live larger than you are.

3) I am very concerned that the NRA’s power has been neutered due to the actions of the HMFIC trying to live larger than he is with my money. **** WLP. May a thousand goat farmers mistake him for their Friday night fling.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Five of Six Slated for TRO Hearing Before Same Judge at 1 PM MDT / 3 PM EDT Wed, 13 Sept
    This effectively consolidates them. Thus far they're completely unopposed. From what I read online, the NM Atty. Gen. is throwing the Governor under the bus and refusing to defend the state against them. Yup, she stepped into a couple really BIG cow pies, completely soft and runny on the inside, one with each foot. A quick scan didn't show any more being filed (as of Sept 12th).

1. National Association for Gun Rights v. Grisham:
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67779183/national-association-for-gun-rights-v-grisham/

2. Donk (and GOA/GOF) v. Grisham:
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67779443/donk-v-grisham/

3. We the Patriots [an Idaho 501c3] v. Grisham (filed Saturday, Sep 9th)
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67779530/we-the-patriots-usa-inc-v-grisham/
    Corrected my bracket to show it's an Idaho non-profit, not a New Mexico.

4. Blas v. Grisham (filed today, Sep 10th); filed as a Class Action; Shawn Blas, a resident of Albuquerque represents the class
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67779863/blas-v-grisham/

5. Fort v. Lujan Grisham (FPC, SAF, and NM Shooting Sports Assn.)
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67784539/fort-v-lujan-grisham/

This lawsuit shows "terminated" status with no reason given - now comes up "Unknown Persons v. Unknown Persons" but still has its initial Docket Minute Entries. It's the one that doesn't have a notice of TRO hearing.
    6. Springer v. Grisham (private individual)
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67784597/springer-v-grisham/

About We the Patriots:
    I had never heard of "We the Patriots" before. Evidently a small organization I had presumed to be in New Mexico, but after digging for more about them, discovered they're in Idaho. No memberships or dues, they subsist on donations. I'm not promoting them as I've no idea how efficient they are with the funds, or effective they are in their several activities which are more than 2A (includes anti-WOKE school indoctrination, and anti-VAX requirements). Would personally need to find out more about them before giving any $ to them -- as with any 501c3; they do have separate funds for each category of their work (a 2A fund is one of them) versus a single, general fund, an interesting feature. They also have a 2A Federal Lawsuit ongoing in Connecticut over that state's recent 2A legislation. I suspect they smelled blood in the water with all the other sharks quickly circling Governor Grisham and her Albuquerque, New Mexico tyranny, and want in on the legal feeding frenzy as it's a slam dunk.

This consolidates info on all six that have been filed to date in one post here with links to them.

:coffee::popcorn:

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Does lack of enforcement undercut the cases? In other words, does it have to be enforced for a plaintiff to show harm?

If there's no criminal arrests, and no civil monies change hands, it's hard for a non-lawyer to discern what "there" is there.

Does somebody need to get mugged or worse?

No. The cases being brought are all considered "civil", not "criminal" (e.g. the Ervin & Hoover Key Card case now on appeal is a "criminal" case; Mock v. Garland is a "civil" case).

A "credible fear of arrest", or other adverse government action that would cause "damages", is sufficient. Hasn't stopped The Government (at various levels) from arguing the plaintiffs filing have no standing as they hadn't violated the law yet -- but that doesn't play in Peoria -- or in the courts (it's a very old, and very worn out tactic). The ATF has tried it recently as part of an argument attempting to get a lawsuit dismissed, citing none of the plaintiffs had submitted a firearm to them that violated their rule (effectively a criminal confession for which they'd be promptly arrested), but don't recall off the top of my head which case it is.

I don't believe there have been any ATF arrests associated with pistol braces for having an unregistered SBR, nor were there any "80% Receiver" arrests when the lawsuits were filed in the wake of the ATF Frame and Receiver Rule. To my knowledge, there hadn't been any "bump stock" arrests either when the lawsuits over that one were filed.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd be happy with them facing charges for violating constitutional rights, same as is brought against police when they do so, except it should be a charge for every citizen whose rights they violate.

I feel the same for any individual who has taken an oath to defend the constitution, but then spends their career defying or undermining it. I call that treason, whether it's a congress critter, senator or the resident of the United States. I'd be fine to see them all hang.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Gov. of NM has stated that she admits criminals will not follow her order.

There needs to be a foundation shaking response to this.

I think impeachment and jail.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's still an idiot. He still wants to take your guns. He just didnt think THAT was is the right way.

Kinda like a guy complaining you were shot to death... because he thought you should have been stabbed to death.
    Yeah. He believes in “gun safety”, which is anti-gun zealot speak for confiscating guns he thinks citizens should not own.

Top Bottom