New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bernalillo County John Allen on with Jesse Waters. He got the memo, it's unconstitutional and won't be enforced.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    How do you know they are good stewards? BTW, I like these organizations so this is no reflection on them. I object to your premise, it is ludicrous to compare a $400,000,000 organization to GOA or TFA, they are not competing. Looking at revenue if GOA did anything that wasted $5000 or TFA $160 it would equal Wayne’s suits, a worthless .001% of revenue generated.

If a guy can raise $400,000,000 and intimidate the left with it I would give him every cent I had and $400,000 worth of suits for every $400,000,000 he raised. I certainly am not turning my back to those that fight for my rights because of leftist propaganda designed to hurt gun owners in the long run…
    Objection duly Noted. Exactly what was the NRA’ s position on Bump Stocks? Where were the headlines about the NRA vehemently opposing the unconstitutional over reach?

Exactly how much of Wayne’s money was allocated? How much of Wayne’s money was spent in the whole were going to move to Texas to avoid litigation debacle?

For being such a powerful $400,000,000 ( Your figures) one would expect a much higher return on investments.

Where was Wayne during the recent special legislation locally, where Rhino Lee failed attempt to “Do Something” even if it would be unconstitutional session.

Was Wayne fighting the Parks Carry Ban? Did Wayne have boots on the ground to effect changes to Lee’s quasi constitutional carry Law that initially Prohibited 18 to 20 year olds from carrying?

Does TFA need to compete, or just make a difference on a local level ?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Can we maybe take the NRA discussion sone where else? Trying to follow the actual topic and seeing the same ******** from both sides of the nra debate filling the thread instead. So please for the love of all that is good take it somewhere else for once.

Great that the city and county have declared it unenforceable but wasn’t the gov intending for the state police to handle this? Where are they on it?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    On WIBC this evening . . . Guy Relford's "Gun Guy" segment discusses The New Mexico Madness:

Segment starts at about 35 minutes into the show . . . tried to get the link to start there but that doesn't work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bashing the NRA may well have gotten us to this stage.

All liberals, including governors, used to be deadly afraid of crossing the NRA. A bad NRA rating assured an election loss.

These days, the libs run successfully on hating the NRA, fueled by a lot of "our own" trashing them.

:twocents:

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a nephew that guards one of bases by there according to him that area isn't the safest. Now you want to disarm the people from protecting themselves .
    That's how it works.

Crime had been going down for decades. Since some time in the 80s.
    Yet gun ownership over the same time had been rising.
    Many, many minorities had decided to become gun owners.

The Left didn't like that.
    So... stop enforcing laws, letting criminals go, 'defund' the police, and stuff like that.
    Crime goes up.
    THEN, claim it's because of the guns.
    Even though they'd been there forever.
    People that didn't pay attention, they believe the "left".

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency public health order that suspends the open and permitted concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police are exempt from the temporary ban on carrying firearms.
    Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”
    Everything is an emergency to a tyrant.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everything is an emergency to a tyrant.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C. S. Lewis

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Why not declare it a state of emergency and just rule that for the next 30 days nobody gets to shoot each other or commit crimes? I mean, they want common sense reform, this seems like a logical common sense solution to me?

Because if it's in the rules then we can't break them, so just make crimes against the rules.. duh..

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Why not declare it a state of emergency and just rule that for the next 30 days nobody gets to shoot each other or commit crimes? I mean, they want common sense reform, this seems like a logical common sense solution to me?

Because if it's in the rules then we can't break them, so just make crimes against the rules.. duh..
    Chicago is doing something similar, declaring 9 AM to 9 PM off limits for gangstas and gang-bangers to shoot at each other. A bit like Billy Joel's "Goodnight Saigon", the law abiding will hold the day in the palms of their hand, and the gangsta gang-bangers will rule the night. Problem is, it isn't working out that way for them.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    And the Federal Lawsuit Dogpile Continues with Two More (now counting six)

5. FORT v. Lujan Grisham (FPC, SAF, and NM Shooting Sports Assn.)

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67784539/fort-v-lujan-grisham/

6. SPRINGER v. Grisham (private individual)
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67784597/springer-v-grisham/

As with the others, the complaints and relate docs are at the top of the Docket Minute Entries. Every one that's been assigned a judge and magistrate thus far is receiving the same judge. There was supposed to be a TRO hearing this AM, but that was canceled, to be set for a future date. I've little doubt it's because of the continuing dogpile. I've got a suspicion the cases will be consolidated by the judge, standard fare when there's a dogpile like this. Governor Grisham stepped in a two giant cow pies, one for each foot. If she wanted international attention, she's getting it now, but I don't think it's turning out to be the kind she was hoping for. She's being systematically thrown under the proverbial bus by everyone.

The last one, #6, is interesting as it's a private individual who has retained a law firm and is filing for himself. It's not a Class Action, nor is there any organization behind it. I've got a feeling that Springer may be laying the groundwork for a Tort Claim against New Mexico and the Governor personally (et alia; e.g. State Health Dept head) for which they have no qualified immunity under New Mexico law, which was was put asunder by the state legislature at the Governor's and her Minions request. Karmic.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guarantee you if something like this happens here a bunch of people will be going to Guy Relford trying to file individual lawsuits trying to (rightfully) cash in. There wouldn’t be enough lawyers around to handle the number of cases, therefore, resulting in a class action suit. And when these happen, the lawyers win, and the plaintiffs get very little.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And the Federal Lawsuit Dogpile Continues with Two More (now counting six)

5. FORT v. Lujan Grisham (FPC, SAF, and NM Shooting Sports Assn.)

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67784539/fort-v-lujan-grisham/

6. SPRINGER v. Grisham (private individual)
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67784597/springer-v-grisham/

As with the others, the complaints and relate docs are at the top of the Docket Minute Entries. Every one that's been assigned a judge and magistrate thus far is receiving the same judge. There was supposed to be a TRO hearing this AM, but that was canceled, to be set for a future date. I've little doubt it's because of the continuing dogpile. I've got a suspicion the cases will be consolidated by the judge, standard fare when there's a dogpile like this. Governor Grisham stepped in a two giant cow pies, one for each foot. If she wanted international attention, she's getting it now, but I don't think it's turning out to be the kind she was hoping for. She's being systematically thrown under the proverbial bus by everyone.

The last one, #6, is interesting as it's a private individual who has retained a law firm and is filing for himself. It's not a Class Action, nor is there any organization behind it. I've got a feeling that Springer may be laying the groundwork for a Tort Claim against New Mexico and the Governor personally (et alia; e.g. State Health Dept head) for which they have no qualified immunity under New Mexico law, which was was put asunder by the state legislature at the Governor's and her Minions request. Karmic.

:popcorn:

Any idea on how the timing will work on these?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this crazy woman getting away with this until something stops it?

:dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this crazy woman getting away with this until something stops it?

I would assume based on one or more of these that an injunction could be ordered to put a hold on the 30 day period until the lawsuits have gone through. If any judge has the balls to do so... :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hope it is the opening salvo for a tort case against this dumb *****
    Same. I dont recall if has been mentioned upthread, but her party recently passed a law removing qualified immunity to punish LEOs personally.

Lets hope she can be looped into this group and sued personally for her ADMITTEDLY improper, misguided, and useless law.

I mean its one thing to do something and later say "I didnt realize that was illegal." Its an entirely different thing to admit what you are doing is illegal but you are still going to do it because ______________. And it works in other areas, so it should work here. (manslaughter vs murder for instance)

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I would assume based on one or more of these that an injunction could be ordered to put a hold on the 30 day period until the lawsuits have gone through. If any judge has the balls to do so... :dunno:
    There's a plethora of case law that can be used to argue for proceeding toward a permanent injunction even if the current Executive Order expires in 30 days prior to the case being adjudicated. The main principal behind that case law is preventing a government entity from mooting a case by repealing or otherwise undoing its illegal or unconstitutional law(s), and then reenacting it all after the lawsuit(s) are tossed as moot. Numerous crafty governments, or so they thought they were, attempted this in the past going back decades. The courts don't like it, which the "crafty governments" quickly found out when the lawsuits were resurrected. I anticipate the court will proceed even if the Governor's Emergency Executive Order expires before final adjudication -- to prevent such shenanigans.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Technically, yes, since there’s no TRO or other legal action, but since the local cops in Albuquerque are refusing to enforce the order, and there were a bunch of guys with guns marching around in defiance, I’d say no she’s not getting away with it. And with all the lawsuits, she’s not going to be getting away with it for quite a while.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

My best guess is the judge is letting the dust settle on the initial dogpile so he can consolidate the cases. In the meantime, the PD Chief, Sheriff and local Prosecutor have all publicly stated they're not enforcing it. The NM State Police, which the Governor ordered to enforce it in the absence of locals doing it has yet to act. Nobody has been cited yet. If anyone is, that would be huge news. Thus, the level of extreme urgency that would be present if people were being cited, doesn't exist. I don't think the judge will let it plod and slog along at a slow pace though. Defendant's haven't filed a thing yet. If the judge issued a TRO now, it would be ex parte, i.e. without a response by the defendants or allowing them oral argument. That would be very highly unusual, and among the grounds for appealing the TRO to the Circuit Court.

Top Bottom