New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So how n my any have not complied and been arrested and jailed so far? Good way to make a million $ in a wrongful arrest. Think there would be guys carrying signs they are still carrying to make some good money.
    It is not an arrestable offense.

Regardless, both the Albuquerque Chief of Police and the County Sheriff have said that they will not enforce the order.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So how n my any have not complied and been arrested and jailed so far? Good way to make a million $ in a wrongful arrest. Think there would be guys carrying signs they are still carrying to make some good money.
    Its not an "arrestable" offense. Just a fine of up to $5000.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can you help me out here Mike I'm not understanding?
    The NRA had an internal power struggle that got ugly, mud was thrown from all sides. That mud was picked up by partisan DA’s (may have even been fed to those DA’s by disgruntled losers in the power struggle) and used to bludgeon the organization and balkanize the membership.

There are a significant number of members here that swore off ANY support of the NRA because of these revelations that were first intended to win the power struggle but actually aided the leftists in neutering the most well known gun rights organization.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The NRA had an internal power struggle that got ugly, mud was thrown from all sides. That mud was picked up by partisan DA’s (may have even been fed to those DA’s by disgruntled losers in the power struggle) and used to bludgeon the organization and balkanize the membership.

There are a significant number of members here that swore off ANY support of the NRA because of these revelations that were first intended to win the power struggle but actually aided the leftists in neutering the most well known gun rights organization.
    They could've solved that quickly by getting rid of Wayne. I'm baffled as to why they didn't.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They could've solved that quickly by getting rid of Wayne. I'm baffled as to why they didn't.
    He won the power struggle. Which was more important to you? Getting rid of Wayne or continuing to battle the left trying to take guns? I definitely am in the the battle the left, Wayne is a distraction…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He won the power struggle. Which was more important to you? Getting rid of Wayne or continuing to battle the left trying to take guns? I definitely am in the the battle the left, Wayne is a distraction…
    Battle the left AND Wayne is a distraction. Get rid of the distraction and battle the left.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Battle the left AND Wayne is a distraction. Get rid of the distraction and battle the left.
    But the board chose not to get rid of him. How is Wayne a distraction? Because the left figured out how to distract the NRA members with BS that in the scope of things is nothing.

They used that BS to drive a wedge into the NRA membership. It appears that membership is down about 20% and money is down 25% since 2016.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But the board chose not to get rid of him. How is Wayne a distraction? Because the left figured out how to distract the NRA members with BS that in the scope of things is nothing.

They used that BS to drive a wedge into the NRA membership. It appears that membership is down about 20% and money is down 25% since 2016.
    Doesn't matter how it happened. It happened. And it needs to be fixed if they want to get membership numbers back up to where they were.

Edit: Maybe some of the board members need to be re-evaluated too.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Doesn't matter how it happened. It happened. And it needs to be fixed if they want to get membership numbers back up to where they were.

What happened beyond anything that routinely happens in the president/CEO suite at most companies that have $400,000,000 flowing through them? Sam Walton and his type are dead and gone. Just typical conservatives cut their own nuts off every time the left plays gotcha with the leadership. The left sure as heck does not follow the playbook they goad conservatives into following.

The general lack of concern for the damage done to the NRA astounds me…

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

How does that go follow the money and you will learn a lot. Not afraid to say that yes I have with drawn my support for Waynes expenses.

With that being said I am a member of GOA, TFA, and other groups which have demonstrated they are good stewards of capital.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What happened beyond anything that routinely happens in the president/CEO suite at most companies that have $400,000,000 flowing through them? Sam Walton and his type are dead and gone. Just typical conservatives cut their own nuts off every time the left plays gotcha with the leadership. The left sure as heck does not follow the playbook they goad conservatives into following.

The general lack of concern for the damage done to the NRA astounds me…
    So what's your solution? Continue contribution blindly, even though they're not getting results? These smaller orgs are doing it, with far less money than the NRA.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So what's your solution? Continue contribution blindly, even though they're not getting results? These smaller orgs are doing it, with far less money than the NRA.
    I believe Many of the little guys were out front and center on this, clearly enunciating their plan of action, followed up Gosh them doing exactly what they said they were going to do.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do not concede that the NRA leadership did anything beyond that typical of companies that have $400,000,000 flowing through. I contribute to a mega organization and I am knowledgeable enough to know that crap goes on and relative to the budgets it is nothing concerning.

The left is getting conservatives to judge those fighting on behalf of gun owners, by their personal moral standards, which are far higher than the rest of the world. Do you think the left would judge their own that way? Heck no. If Wayne did not steal multimillions I couldn’t care less about a bunch of suits. What a silly thing to get hung up on as so many mention.

I never thought of the NRA as a lawsuit machine. They coalesce gun owners into a large group that intimidates the left. KIA has has said many times, most of the lawsuit groups are not at the statehouse getting constitutional carry passed.

Both types have a very important function and both a desperately needed by gun owners.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI

I just assumed that Wayne and the board of too many got caught with their hands in our (members) cookie jar, so they sold out to the communist to avoid charges. You know kind of like 99.5% of our government. For the record I will remain a voting member.

Zexrain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2023
    FORT WAYNE.
    I have a nephew that guards one of bases by there according to him that area isn't the safest. Now you want to disarm the people from protecting themselves .

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I do not concede that the NRA leadership did anything beyond that typical of companies that have $400,000,000 flowing through. I contribute to a mega organization and I am knowledgeable enough to know that crap goes on and relative to the budgets it is nothing concerning.

The left is getting conservatives to judge those fighting on behalf of gun owners, by their personal moral standards, which are far higher than the rest of the world. Do you think the left would judge their own that way? Heck no. If Wayne did not steal multimillions I couldn’t care less about a bunch of suits. What a silly thing to get hung up on as so many mention.

I never thought of the NRA as a lawsuit machine. They coalesce gun owners into a large group that intimidates the left. KIA has has said many times, most of the lawsuit groups are not at the statehouse getting constitutional carry passed.

Both types have a very important function and both a desperately needed by gun owners.
    I'm with you on the suit thing but it just seemed like it was bigger than that to me and then gone. I'm not one to read NRA bashing all day so I may have missed more than I thought, I will stay a member because I also believe the more groups the better and I fully support the NRA as long as the board isn't running it like the morons in DC are running our country.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How does that go follow the money and you will learn a lot. Not afraid to say that yes I have with drawn my support for Waynes expenses.

With that being said I am a member of GOA, TFA, and other groups which have demonstrated they are good stewards of capital.
    How do you know they are good stewards? BTW, I like these organizations so this is no reflection on them. I object to your premise, it is ludicrous to compare a $400,000,000 organization to GOA or TFA, they are not competing. Looking at revenue if GOA did anything that wasted $5000 or TFA $160 it would equal Wayne’s suits, a worthless .001% of revenue generated.

If a guy can raise $400,000,000 and intimidate the left with it I would give him every cent I had and $400,000 worth of suits for every $400,000,000 he raised. I certainly am not turning my back to those that fight for my rights because of leftist propaganda designed to hurt gun owners in the long run…

Top Bottom