• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I do wish us new people could respond to private messages before 50 posts. So if you send me a PM and I don't respond it's just because I'm on newbie probation and not because I am stuck up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I do wish us new people could respond to private messages before 50 posts. So if you send me a PM and I don't respond it's just because I'm on newbie probation and not because I am stuck up.

Pretty sure you can respond to a PM at 15 posts......... :dunno: Yes? No?

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    No, he's a POS for knowing the rules, and yet trying a smarmy, back door, "aren't I cute" circumvent while posting a snarky comment about someone who attempted to explain our forum to him. He could have posted that he doesn't agree with the policy, won't be back, and will tell all his friends to avoid this forum. That would be posting an opinion. Trying to actively subvert this community is what makes him a POS.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ya'know, it's not that hard to follow the rules here, it's actually rather easy! Remain respectful towards each other, no mud-slinging, name calling, bashing, obscenity, trolling, rep whoring, keep certain conversation on the forums that they were created for, be honest, no backstabbing, try to be polite, try to agree to disagree, and a few others that I can't remember at the moment.

(DAMN! There goes our Weather Alarm again! Apparently we've got a tornado on the way!) Been nice knowing everyone just in case we get blown to OZ! Anywhere was I? Oh yea....

We don't need posters or potential members like that, our members are like an extended family and we rally around each other when things happen that cause a threat towards our "home" aka INGO. If he doesn't want to obey the rules, fine, go away. We don't need people like that, we got along fine without him before, we'll get along fine without him now!

Really, following the rules isn't that hard! I've only been on since Spring and I've got more than 50 posts, my first 3 postings alone probably were long enough to qualify for 50 quality posts....but then again I'll be the first one to admit I get rather long winded. :D But I've yet to get on the Classifieds. It's not because I'm not interested, I'm just not in the market for another gun at the moment. If I do want another one, I'll go check it out, at least I know I'll be dealing with people who're honest and forthright! It's not hard to talk and voice our opinions with people on here, everyone is so wonderful to talk to! Besides, Bill last clocked me at 105 words per minute, so it takes about 5 minutes to whip out a post providing I don't go wandering off into other areas in the meantime...:D

People like him we don't need. WE protect OUR OWN, and INGO is more than just a "gun site", to a lot of us, our members are like family. We give as much as we can, be it information, or even donations should someone literally fall on hard times. We have great Advertisers, people who offer to do work for others, or need work done, and everyone pitches in like people in a family would!

It's just my opinion, but when my sister died, I lost that side of the family, they were lying, cheating, greedy, selfish, obnoxious jerks! He reminds me of them, WHY would I want to open myself (or the rest of us) up to someone like him, who's just out to take advantage (fair or not) and then go crawl back under the rock he crawled out from under in the first place. Good riddance! Now we can go back to being the great bunch of people that we are, and the Mods can go around their jobs of protecting the rest of us and occasionally making order out of chaos! :D

I love INGO just the way it is, he can go "P*** up a rope!" as my dad used to say!

7th Stepper

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes.

This thread delivers. I'm glad you guys got to see this rare glimpse of what we deal with on a regular basis.

But contacting another menber via PM once you get to 15 posts, to sell a gun, would still be against the rules right? :dunno:

The way I understand the 50 posts rule, is that not only you cannot post your add in the classifields until you get to 50 posts but also you cannot do any kind of business with other users even outside of the classifields.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    But contacting another menber via PM once you get to 15 posts, to sell a gun, would still be against the rules right? :dunno:

The way I understand the 50 posts rule, is that not only you cannot post your add in the classifields until you get to 50 posts but also you cannot do any kind of business with other users even outside of the classifields.

That's my understanding too. But I did sell a holster to someone under 50 once. I didn't notice. he PM'd me and I sent him my address. I didn't notice his post count till I went to rep him for the purchase. :(

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's my understanding too. But I did sell a holster to someone under 50 once. I didn't notice. he PM'd me and I sent him my address. I didn't notice his post count till I went to rep him for the purchase. :(

Well then HE broke the rule, not you. ;)

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Wow what a tool, I didn't like the 50 post rule, but I understood why it was in place and followed it like a civilized person would. I lurk on here almost everyday, I dont comment much so it took a few days to get my 50. I really enjoy reading all of the posts on here, I used to be a member at another forum dedicated to CETME's but is now long gone. There would be an occasional new member that didnt like the rule's there or was just stirring up trouble. they would not last long. This guy really sounds like someone I would sell anything to. That 50 posts made me feel like a part of an extended family as I have read and read and got to know allot of you through your comments and questions, I have actually met a few of you and I have not met anyone I have not liked. Now I understand why the 50 "quality" posts rule and think that it should never be changed. If some turd wants to disagree and complain, Scutter, you have 17K+ brothers who have your back!

Hmmm, still here...so far...

Don't forget Scutter, you have us Sisters who have your back as well! And we can be far more vicious than any man can. Especially when we join together in a SpeedB****ing maneuver! We may not always agree, but we'll back you to the hilt, every time! That goes for the rest of the Mods too, it's a thankless job, and it's nice to let them know from time to time just how much we really appreciate them, and all that they do!

7th Stepper

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Glad I reported b4 the glwt post :)

I would think the 50 posts are easy, and it's in the site TOU.

If you don't like that, become a site supporter. I also would like to point out if that also isn't good enough...and you insist on berating site leaders...an IP ban is appropriate.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I agree, some new menbers need it.

I dunno guys, I think we all did REALLY well without the neg repl He got our meaning, and hopefully frostbite from the reception he got by our members on here as well as the Mods.

NegRep is just a thing, you did a fantastic job of slam dunking him, totally without it, just by your comments alone! NegRep is nothing without a members open opinion on the forum for all to see, that way we can join in as we see fit, and make it more powerful that way.
    Good job! Great Job! To everyone who participated by sharing their thoughts!

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Follow the rules or take a hike! You are right, I don't care what your likes and dislikes are however, I do care about members following the rules. If all you care about is buying then go to armslist of somewhere else, like I said, take a hike, we don't need your kind to come on here and ***** about our rules.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I dunno guys, I think we all did REALLY well without the neg repl He got our meaning, and hopefully frostbite from the reception he got by our members on here as well as the Mods.

NegRep is just a thing, you did a fantastic job of slam dunking him, totally without it, just by your comments alone! NegRep is nothing without a members open opinion on the forum for all to see, that way we can join in as we see fit, and make it more powerful that way.
    Good job! Great Job! To everyone who participated by sharing their thoughts!

Since the Mods banned him anyway he may not have even known he got slam dunked.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well since he was banned I guess the comment I wanted to make about his post counting as a quality is moot.

Does this count as a quality post?

I don't think they count any of them anymore. That way the mods save all the items for sale for themselves.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I joined INGO just because I needed to sell a gun fast.
    I got my 50 posts in 2 or 3 days, and im still here because I realized INGO is more than a place to sell guns.
    I found lots of good people here and lots of good information.

I joined INGO because Scutter01 promised me a pony.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom