• Status
    Not open for further replies.

painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    Bottom line is, rules were put in place on this site by those who created it. Either abide by those rules or GTFO and find yourself some shady back alley gun classified site. We have been doing fine over here and will continue to do so long after you have been banned.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We should start a pool on when we get the next post complaining about the rule. Person with the nearest guess gets a bumper sticker or something. It's been a whole three days or so, hasn't it????

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I didn't see that... but, now he's wanting us to break the law by doing a private party sale to a non-resident? THAT gets him on my POS list. :D

To be fair, he never said he wanted a FTF sale without an FFL involved. I don't see where he was asking anyone to break the law.

Bottom line is, rules were put in place on this site by those who created it. Either abide by those rules or GTFO and find yourself some shady back alley gun classified site. We have been doing fine over here and will continue to do so long after you have been banned.

We've always said that we have no problem discussing our rules (or anything else, for that matter). We are not in the habit of banning people simply for disagreeing with us. That would just be childish. However, I personally draw the line at people treating the staff with disrespect. It's uncalled-for. We put too much of our own 100% volunteer time and effort into maintaining the site to have to accept that from anyone.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    He's a pos for stating his opinion??? I guess I'm one too! I do it all the time!

No, he's a POS for knowing the rules, and yet trying a smarmy, back door, "aren't I cute" circumvent while posting a snarky comment about someone who attempted to explain our forum to him. He could have posted that he doesn't agree with the policy, won't be back, and will tell all his friends to avoid this forum. That would be posting an opinion. Trying to actively subvert this community is what makes him a POS.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    [STRIKE]Currently, I am trying to find a nice sks or mosin nagant [/STRIKE]as a christmas present for my Marine son-in-law who just returned from Afganistan where he risked his life for me and you. Yet Scutter01 says I cannot contact any of you who might have one of these firearms for sale until I post 50 times. Dumb rule, one which has not been fully explained to me and the rationale behind it.
    This was explained to you in detail, but you said there was too much content in the FAQ and you couldn't be bothered to read it. Personally I do not think INGO is a good match for you. There was a simple way around the 50 post rule but you couldn't even be bothered with that.

The comment I marked out should also have been edited out of your original post because you are still trying to get around the rules to have people contact you.

So, either pay the $11 to become a site supporter or wait until you have 50 quality posts. Or you can even go back to those other websites you tried to compare us to. We have been around since 2008 and have been doing great with our rules.

painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    No, he's a POS for knowing the rules, and yet trying a smarmy, back door, "aren't I cute" circumvent while posting a snarky comment about someone who attempted to explain our forum to him. He could have posted that he doesn't agree with the policy, won't be back, and will tell all his friends to avoid this forum. That would be posting an opinion. Trying to actively subvert this community is what makes him a POS.

well said.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    To be fair, he never said he wanted a FTF sale without an FFL involved. I don't see where he was asking anyone to break the law.
    My bad, I guess I assumed he wanted an FTF. The reason I assume/d this is, you can buy a mosin CHEAP. If you are going to buy one from someone on INGO, you're going to pay for shipping and an FFL transfer unless you do it FTF, in which case, you might as well buy from an FFL.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    well, you have 2 posts now. you'll be at 50 before you know it. the rule never bugged me, i joined for more than just buying, selling and trading. :dunno:

Agreed... I had more than 50 posts before I realized INGO even had a classified section.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not that again!
    INGO is a great deal to sell guns, you either pay $10 if you want to sell quick or you spend some time posting 50 posts if you want to sell for free.
    Looks like two good options to me, I dont see why people still find a way to complain about them.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I'm undecided on the rule. I see both sides.

Good: it keeps riff-raff out, it helps make sure sales go down between people that are more likely trustworthy, etc.

Bad: Usually someone selling something just wants to get some cash for their item so good long time members often have to turn down a sale, Long time members might not get a chance to get a good deal on what someone has to offer because that person just isn't much for posting. There are a ton of people that just aren't chatty, but have a lot of stuff to sell, or a lot of $ to buy with.

I joined here specifically to sell a pistol for my dad. I was more than happy at my usual forum but the classified section had gone to crap. (not for lack of a 50 post rule, just sweeping format changes)
    I was very put off by the rule at first, naturally, as I heard this was a great place to sell a gun locally.
    But since I enjoy a good discussion/debate/joke I stuck around to gain access to the classifieds. In my case I'm glad I did because my area has a great group on this forum and I've met tons of members and had a lot of fun shooting with them. So in the long run the 50 post rule enriched my summer greatly.

Still, I'd have to say in general I'm 60/40 opposed to it. But I don't run the forum and it's not my call. And from the sound of things the rule was put in place to help solve a problem, and if it's still in place I'm assuming that it's helped at least to some extent. Since I've been here I've bought and/or sold 10 items give or take. The Classifieds are great and I love staying local. So who am I to knock something that works so well? :ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not that again!
    INGO is a great deal to sell guns, you either pay $10 if you want to sell quick or you spend some time posting 50 posts if you want to sell for free.
    Looks like two good options to me, I dont see why people still find a way to complain about them.

Some people only want to take and give nothing in return.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I tried to contact him and let him know that I have the first ever produced Mosin, but his email address is invalid. Thanks a lot Scutter, you ruined my chances of being a mega billionaire.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Oh, you have no idea. You're only seeing his final flame-out. This went on all night. It started out with an obnoxious and demanding PM to me (actually to the whole staff, but I got stuck with responding to it).

I feel hurt and left out... *I* didn't get his obnoxious and demanding PM. :( :crying: :tantrum:

<sigh> Oh well. I'm sure he'll go back to gunbroker or armslist... It's just that now, he'll do it with Scutter's shoeprint on his backside. Alas, his lamp has no more fire in it. Imma start calling Scutter Diogenes. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I tried to contact him and let him know that I have the first ever produced Mosin, but his email address is invalid. Thanks a lot Scutter, you ruined my chances of being a mega billionaire.

Sorry. Put it in the classifieds and I'll low-ball you on it. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some people only want to take and give nothing in return.

I joined INGO just because I needed to sell a gun fast.
    I got my 50 posts in 2 or 3 days, and im still here because I realized INGO is more than a place to sell guns.
    I found lots of good people here and lots of good information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom