• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well hell. My Galco just came in the mail today, it's for a Sig P220, but I own a 4566 S&W. But, I couldn't find anything that was actually made FOR the 4566, so I got a Galco for a different gun because I heard it worked 'good enough'.

Well, here I am browsing the Alien Gear Holsters site... and what do I see? A holster for a 4506, which would probably fit my 4566 much better.

<sigh>

Oh well, still no LTCH yet anyhow. This is for getting used to carrying around the house. Wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered my Galco though, could have saved some cash and got something that fit my gun better.

Oh, and here is my S&W in a Galco holster for a p220 incase anyone is wondering how that's working out... My 4566 TSW in a Galco holster for a Sig p220 - Imgur

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sadly I have not used mine as much as I'd like.
    But I've been carrying appendix as of late. This new holster requires a slightly larger waistband in the jeans for me. and I don't have money to invest in new jeans just yet. As such, it is very tight on my waist when using. Nothing really wrong with the holster... just seems to take up more room at 4 oclock than my softside does at 1 oclock. I'm skinny, 34 waist and will need to upgrade to 36 waist jeans (fwiw)

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Has anyone tried to contact them through their website? I asked if their holster for a G19 would also carry a G26 securely about a week ago and haven't received a response yet.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Ordered mine for my G17. The G17 is a little bigger CCW than I prefer so I'll see how good the holster feels with that.

Someone mentioned PayPal, I didn't see that option if that matters to you.

also, theirs site said that they will do a kydex swap for free if you change guns, thought that was pretty cool.

Last edited:

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Has anyone tried to contact them through their website? I asked if their holster for a G19 would also carry a G26 securely about a week ago and haven't received a response yet.

I bought one for my 26, and the leather ends a bit after the kydex. I'd say if you bought for a 19, you'd be fine. You'd have some empty kydex, but ti should work. I have a galco IWB for a 26, but there's so much extra kydex, my 19 fits too. Go figure... :dunno:

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    I ordered an Alien Gear for my Glock 26 on 7/30/12. They shipped it 7/31 and I got it 8/2. :yesway:

As for the holster, it ran $36.83, as I didn't bother with the black leather.

The leather is nice, all the hardware seems quality. They also include a hex wrench, a baggie of more hardware to adjust it to how ever you want the cant, depth, and tension. Something that is different is that the leather is more supple then the Hidden Hybrid Holster that I have for my Colt, but that holster ran almost $40 more. Also, the kydex doesn't have that "click". The tension seems to be set neutral out of the box, so you'll have to play with it to get it to really grip the frame.

Another thing I like is that they include an instruction set that tells you about the features, available adjustments, and suggested positioning. For someone new to CC, this would be a godsend. Most holsters come with an invoice and maybe some stickers. Not that holsters are difficult to figure out, but the extra bit of info is great.

I think AGH is an excellent value. Time will tell if it holds up. I highly recommend this for IWB, especially if you're just starting out and want to avoid the "drawer of holsters" you'll end up with when you start CC'ing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought one for my 26, and the leather ends a bit after the kydex. I'd say if you bought for a 19, you'd be fine. You'd have some empty kydex, but ti should work. I have a galco IWB for a 26, but there's so much extra kydex, my 19 fits too. Go figure... :dunno:

The Galco King Tuk IWB I have is the exact same holster (part # is the same) for the 17/19/26/23/27/22.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Ordered @7:30am Friday July 26th, received this afterneed Monday July 29th. Its my first hybrid holster and so far so good, I can hardly tell its there.
    Did you get an email notification that the holster had been shipped? I ask because I ordered one of these for my Glock 19 on Saturday and haven't heard a peep since.
    Update: Just got an email from them stating that they were running 1 -5 days per order.

Last edited:

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Did you get an email notification that the holster had been shipped? I ask because I ordered one of these for my Glock 19 on Saturday and haven't heard a peep since.
    Update: Just got an email from them stating that they were running 1 -5 days per order.

Yes I recieved an email at 3:55pm Friday July 26th stating my order had shipped, the email included a USPS tracking number.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    That's what I was thinking. I don't think the 26 holster would work for the 19 though because of the way they bend the kydex around the bottom edge of the frame/slide.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I received my holster on Thursday and so far I'm liking it. This is my first experience with a hybrid holster and I thought hey it's just $35. I have worn it now for three days and it has pretty much formed itself around my hip. I find it to be comfortable and it holds my Glock 19 tight to my waist yet it is easy to unholster if need be. Overall I'm impressed and find it to be a great value.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Buddy just ordered one with a second body. I'm gonna wait and see his before pulling the trigger on one... My body type hasn't agreed with the hybrid holsters I've tried before, but I still like the design.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So guys, I have a question.. These "hybrid holsters" does it not bother anyone with all that fabric (the leather backing) pressed up against them all day? Do ya'll sweat a lot in that area? That's my only concern. I remember I'd take off my remora holster, and there would be a sweat stain on my underwear from where it was sitting all day. Same thing here.. or?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a Kholster hybrid, and I am... well, I am a fat guy, lol, and I can wear my holster all day comfortably. It does make you a little more sweaty, but I havent found it to be uncomfortably so. I have seen some people drill air holes around the leather for venting, and it seems to help..

Top Bottom