• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well it does appear to have decent quality if the photos hold true, but I don't see how it's comparable to the comp-tac. There are significantly fewer options for cant and depth, you can't swap spare bodies easily, and it doesn't appear to have an edge on comfort (though that's hard to say without a "hips on" eval. So even if it is 1/3 the price of the crossbreed, how often do you have to buy a new holster that it's not worth an extra $60 to get a better product?

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Those that got their order can you post pictures please

Here ya go. Comes with a little baggy of screws, different size bushings/grommets (whatever you want to call them), eyelets, screw posts, and allen wrench.

XD-s .45
    AlienGearHolster_zps06fad000.jpg

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I'll stick with my Crossbreed. A reputable company I know, trust & respect. A Lifetime Guarantee doesn't do a lot of good if Allen the Alien goes belly up.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'll stick with my Crossbreed. A reputable company I know, trust & respect. A Lifetime Guarantee doesn't do a lot of good if Allen the Alien goes belly up.

Which is why if anyone purchasing one is smart, they disassembled and made a template to save if the leather craps out.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

That's perfectly fine, for you. Some people need an cheaper alternative. Hence why places like Kholser and AlienGear exist..

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    A guy at the gunrange had one the other day. Seemed ok for the price he said he paid.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I received three of the alien gear hybrid holsters last week and was impressed with the quality for the money. I have worn two of them and have no issues with them. The one I have have worn the most is already forming to my body and getting more comfortable each time I wear it. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase but will have too wait to see how they hold up.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Received mine today, 10 days after ordering.
    So far not too shabby. Scanned/made a template right away. Will play with it this evening if I get time.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I had to trim near the trigger guard/grip slightly so I could get my knuckle in there for a better grip when drawing. But so far, so good.
    M&P FS fits in it in a pinch also.

alien_zps874cfb38.jpg

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    So its been a few weeks since I've heard anything, so i thought Id revive this thread real quick.

To the members who bought one of these holsters: I know the initial impressions were relatively good as far as quality was concerned, but Im curious how the holster has held up after a few weeks of use? Also, has it left any scratches/blemishes on your gun (from cheap materials or badly placed hardware, etc)?

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I've been wearing mine for about a month now with a Bersa BP9cc. I am very happy with it and about ready to get another one for a Colt Defender. One thing I really like is that it sits a little lower than the Theis I have. I know they all have adjustable clips but I like the kydex to be right at the top of my belt. If I were to lower the carry on the Theis it would put the Kydex below the belt and be harder to re-holster. I really have no complaints with this holster. I'll bet these will increase in cost as the word gets around.

Top Bottom