• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Alright, believe it or not it showed up today!!! Just 4-days after it was ordered for my BP9cc. My first impressions are quite good. My comparison, which I really like, is a Theis that I wear everyday. It is very comfortable and conceals extremely well.

The leather on the Alien is is almost twice as thick as the Theis and is smooth on both sides. The Theis is rough leather on the back which is not as comfortable on the skin without a t-shirt. (I stuck some moleskin on the back).

The Kydex on the Alien is thicker and fastened to the leather with two screws on each side. All four screws have a rubber washer/bushing that will compress to adjust the tension on the gun. The kydex also covers the whole barrel. The Theis uses three rivets on each side. The bottom of the barrel sticks out about an inch. With the Theis I notice a retaining "CLICK" when holstering the gun. The Alien fits well and snug but there is no secure "click" locking in the gun.

The Alien has three belt clip cant adjustment holes while the Theis has four.

All in all I think the Alien is an excellent value and a very well constructed holster. It definitely has a quality look and feel to it. I ordered the tuckable leather belt loops which are also nice. My Theis is completely broken in so it is hard to compare comfort. I am looking forward to wearing this Alien to see how it feels after a couple of weeks. I'm on the fence whether or not the thicker leather will end up being more or less comfortable. It's gonna be difficult to beat my Theis.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Alright, believe it or not it showed up today!!! Just 4-days after it was ordered for my BP9cc. My first impressions are quite good. My comparison, which I really like, is a Theis that I wear everyday. It is very comfortable and conceals extremely well.

The leather on the Alien is is almost twice as thick as the Theis and is smooth on both sides. The Theis is rough leather on the back which is not as comfortable on the skin without a t-shirt. (I stuck some moleskin on the back).

The Kydex on the Alien is thicker and fastened to the leather with two screws on each side. All four screws have a rubber washer/bushing that will compress to adjust the tension on the gun. The kydex also covers the whole barrel. The Theis uses three rivets on each side. The bottom of the barrel sticks out about an inch. With the Theis I notice a retaining "CLICK" when holstering the gun. The Alien fits well and snug but there is no secure "click" locking in the gun.

The Alien has three belt clip cant adjustment holes while the Theis has four.

All in all I think the Alien is an excellent value and a very well constructed holster. It definitely has a quality look and feel to it. I ordered the tuckable leather belt loops which are also nice. My Theis is completely broken in so it is hard to compare comfort. I am looking forward to wearing this Alien to see how it feels after a couple of weeks. I'm on the fence whether or not the thicker leather will end up being more or less comfortable. It's gonna be difficult to beat my Theis.

Awesome to hear! Sounds like they are definitely worth checking out.

If you post a couple pics to your review, I will copy it over into our "Real World Reviews" Forum :)

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    The leather in mine is really soft, maybe too soft. I holstered my 1911 and it scratched the crap out of it. Big gouges in the leather. It does hold my .45 up close and tight just the way I like it.

I'm still loving my White Hat horse hide. The Alien is a bit too thick for my tastes and the Theis is a bit thin and flimsy. The White Hat is just right. You can call me Goldilocks now.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I canceled my crossbreed order when I read the post here. CB has an 8 week back order and charged my credit card immediately. After canceling I ordered the alien holster and they also charged my credit card immediately. After I read on here that alien sends an email when shipped I decided to send them an email to see if mine had been shipped since I hadn't heard anything. They replied a day later that there is a 2 week back order at this time and would be notified when mine is shipped...still waiting on the email....

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I canceled my crossbreed order when I read the post here. CB has an 8 week back order and charged my credit card immediately. After canceling I ordered the alien holster and they also charged my credit card immediately. After I read on here that alien sends an email when shipped I decided to send them an email to see if mine had been shipped since I hadn't heard anything. They replied a day later that there is a 2 week back order at this time and would be notified when mine is shipped...still waiting on the email....

What gun did you order it for? I ordered one for my Glock 26 last Friday the 14th and I got an email today around 10am saying it shipped.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I ordered one for my ruger sr9 last Wednesday and it arrived today. I ordered the tan leather with the metal clips. I don't have a lot of experience or a lot of other holsters to compare this too but I like it so far. I have been carrying in either a remora iwb or an uncle mikes tactical owb. Unlike above, I do get a "click" when I holster the gun. Carried the gun around the house empty all day so I could get used to it and did a lot of draw practicing. Very comfortable and the leather already seems to be forming itself to my hip. The gun does seem to be leaving some impression in the leather but I expected that to happen. No gouging of the leather so far. The inside edge of the leather is a bit rough and was a little uncomfortable at times(can I use sandpaper to smooth it?). Only issue other than that was that it seemed to pull my pants down worse than my other holsters but I am more than certain that is a belt issue since I have been wearing the same non leather gun belt for the last several years(new gun belt is the next purchase, hopefully later this week). I have been wanting to try this type of holster for a while but the price on most of them has kept me from pulling the trigger. It's only been one day but I am very happy so far.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I ordered one for my ruger sr9 last Wednesday and it arrived today. I ordered the tan leather with the metal clips. I don't have a lot of experience or a lot of other holsters to compare this too but I like it so far. I have been carrying in either a remora iwb or an uncle mikes tactical owb. Unlike above, I do get a "click" when I holster the gun. Carried the gun around the house empty all day so I could get used to it and did a lot of draw practicing. Very comfortable and the leather already seems to be forming itself to my hip. The gun does seem to be leaving some impression in the leather but I expected that to happen. No gouging of the leather so far. The inside edge of the leather is a bit rough and was a little uncomfortable at times(can I use sandpaper to smooth it?). Only issue other than that was that it seemed to pull my pants down worse than my other holsters but I am more than certain that is a belt issue since I have been wearing the same non leather gun belt for the last several years(new gun belt is the next purchase, hopefully later this week). I have been wanting to try this type of holster for a while but the price on most of them has kept me from pulling the trigger. It's only been one day but I am very happy so far.

A good belt makes ALL the difference. Check out a few of the threads/reviews here on INGO..

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gear/229983-review_a_gun_belt_comparison.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew_daltech_force_super_biobelt_gun_belt.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/199247-gun_belt_advice.html

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    middle of week and still haven't heard anything from alien holsters about shipping..
    I may be to impatient but I don't like getting billed for something that isn't even made yet and I really don't like a lack of communication. If I hadn't sent an email last week I would still be wondering...not very impressed at this point.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    finally received my holster today. I never received an email that it was shipped. anyway it looks ok and comes with a lot of spare hardware. It's going to take a while to figure out the most 'comfortable' way to wear it. I guess you get used to the leather against your skin?

psyop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    They look great. I wish they had some shoulder or hip holsters. Does anyone know of any close to this price range for a Glock 21?

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ordered on Monday, shipped on Wednesday, received today. Came with lots of extra hardware and allen wrench to make adjustments. So far so good, feels pretty comfortable even without it being broke in.

Top Bottom