• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Behold the power of INGO and swoon at the stainless steel hotness.

x3O1A.jpg

Now I gotta go get me some steaks... :D

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Behold the power of INGO and swoon at the stainless steel hotness.

x3O1A.jpg

Now I gotta go get me some steaks... :D

very fancy! do urself a favor and buy a 30/40 gallon tank. not only does it last longer but the added size keeps the pressure more consistent longer and makes ur grill more efficient.

jake

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is the first time I've invested in a decent grill. My last two only lasted a few years each. I really like some of the design decisions that were made on this grill. for example, You can easily disassemble pretty much the entire cooking area for cleaning or service and maintenance using no tools, and you can actually clean most of WITHOUT disassembling it. On my last cheap-o grill, you had to disassemble half the grill just to remove one of the gas elements. It was a giant paint in the neck.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So did I, but the bank account told me to do all my cooking in the kitchen for another year.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We have a char broil and love it. It is stainless outside with the stainless burners. It is also the "infrared" version. Basically has a metal screen right under the cooking surface to keep flair ups from burning the food. I LOVE THIS GRILL. 4 burner with a side burner you can do just about anything with. Easily cook 8 steaks on it at one time.

Also has a self cleaning feature but it isn't all that great. I wouldn't let a salesman try to make it sound better then it is.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What model is that? I notice some have the controls on the front and some are on the side.

It's a Genesis S310. I haven't seen any with controls on the side, except for ones with a side burner. I hardly ever use a side burner so it wasn't really worth the extra cost to me. If we did a lot of entertaining with backyard cooking, I'd have bought a bigger model, but this one should be just about perfect for the volume we do. It's getting christened tonight with a couple of fat ribeyes and some bakers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But does it have a stainless steel cooking surface?

I JUST found mine Friday. Only 15 months to find stainless cooking surface.

Yes, it does. Lowes doesn't sell the Genesis S310 (the stainless steel), but Home Depot does, which is where I bought mine. Lowe's only sells the S330, but their version of it has a sear burner instead of a side burner. The prices were pretty much the same everywhere, so I just picked the place closest to my house.

By the way, Lowe's does have a handy Weber booklet that compares all of the features of every one of their models. It's not 100% comprehensive, but will give you a very good idea of the differences between, say, the S310 and the S330, or between the E-series and the S-Series.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That, my friends, is the 16-oz ribeye the graced my grill for the first outing. I really suck at grilling steaks, but I was determined to figure it out (now that I have a fancy grill) and it turned out PERFECTLY - 160 degrees all through. It was delicious. :D

cahCh.jpg

Top Bottom