• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Whatever you decide to buy make sure its plenty big for your needs and I won't buy anything that is not stainless anymore. I got a good deal from lowe's on a end of year closeout and picked up a $700 grill for under $400:rockwoot:

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    weber weber weber the only way to go! i have had 3 of the small size ones (smokey joe's?) for camping over the years. i am on my second big weber lifetime (first wife still has the first one i think). cooks anything and everything. mine: hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken whole and cut up, whole turkey, turkey breast, turkey legs, cornish game hens, pork loins, pork chops, pork shoulder, pork steaks, pork ribs, meatloaf, pizza, veggies: onions, tomatoes, yellow and zuchinni squash, asparagus, ect. oh crap! i forgot...beef steaks of all descriptions, shis-ka-bobs, seafood: fish fillets, shrimp, crab,oysters, whole rainbow trout, various cuts of salmon. you get the idea.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Whatever you decide to buy make sure its plenty big for your needs and I won't buy anything that is not stainless anymore. I got a good deal from lowe's on a end of year closeout and picked up a $700 grill for under $400:rockwoot:

Absolutly get something with extra real estate on the grill. I bought a stainless grill at Costco which has lasted 10 years and is still going strong. :)

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    She asked for grill recommendations.

But BGEs are badass.

Oh, they are grills alright. Please don't forget the most important feature - LIFETIME WARRANTY. I have a $700 Weber too, but I promise you I'll have to buy at least or or two more in my lifetime. Just saying.

I bought my egg 2 years ago and have used it numerous times each week. The weber still sits on the patio with a cover on it. I just don't have a need for it anymore now that I have an egg.

Here are a few of the items I cook on my BGE:

Fall off the bone ribs:

IMG_3927.jpg

Beer Can Chicken:

IMG_3897.jpg

Chicken:

IMG_3894.jpg

Thanksgiving Turkey (saves oven space for the sides):

IMG_3747.jpg

Flank Steak (Fajitas):

IMG_3836.jpg

Best pizza ever (and fun for the family):

P2220096.jpg

Sour Dough Bread:

IMG_3687.jpg

Chicken Wings:

IMG_3688.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I just bought a new grill too. I did a lot of research and since I didn't have the budget you do, I ended up with an Aussie grill. They are made in Tennessee, so +1 for being USA made. Son has had one for three years now and it's holding up well. I do agree with the above post about the quality of a weber grill, but just couldn't swing it.

Check out this link with all types of grill reviews. The Aussie has a 4 1/2 star rating, while the weber grill has a 5 star rating with its weakness listed as some models made in China and some low quality stainless.

http://www.outdoor-gas-grill-reviews.com/Best-Gas-Grills.html

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If you decide to go with a Weber, shoot me a PM and I can probably get it for you for less than you find anywhere else. My main vendor is a Weber distributor :)

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1 for Weber. I have a Summit 0 I think its a 570. Had it for two years. Best I've ever owned, by far.

If he likes Charcoal, check the Green Egg. I've heard they are great.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    If you decide to go with a Weber, shoot me a PM and I can probably get it for you for less than you find anywhere else. My main vendor is a Weber distributor :)

Dang!!!! Bought mine a couple days to soon. Should have asked on a "gun forum" which grill to buy, so I could have found out about a Mod's connections :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Dang!!!! Bought mine a couple days to soon. Should have asked on a "gun forum" which grill to buy, so I could have found out about a Mod's connections :D

LOL! That being said, my distributor only handles the high end Webers....mostly the 200, 300 and 400 series.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't know if it's been said, but a grill cover will extend the life of your grill by years easily. Definitely a good idea.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Weber is the best. It will cost you 3 times what you would pay for a Char Broil or Brinkman but it will still be cooking great 10 years from now.
    I'm on my second Weber, last year I purchased a new genisis natural gas grill to replace an lp grill I had been using for 12 years, my stepson now uses the old grill and is very proud of it.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Weber Genesis, they sell them at Lowes for around $700

I grill about 240 out of the 366 days out of the year. I used to replace my grills every two to three years. This one has lasted 5 so far.

weber-e310.jpg

Top Bottom