stir.gif

:):

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I try to make certain what kind of round I am putting into my firearms. Before I fire it.

This is certainly best but what if you find yourself in a home defense situation where you are forced to reload in low light? The ammo manufacturer dropped the ball.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bashing reloaders is a necessary evil for the reloaded ammo scorned. But don't lump us all together. Some of us make some damn fine ammo.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    This is certainly best but what if you find yourself in a home defense situation where you are forced to reload in low light? The ammo manufacturer dropped the ball.

Well I would have to say having done it before and knowing the potential outcome. If someone broke in and for whatever reason I could only get to my ruger vaquero 45 colt and the only ammo I could get my hands on was 44 mag and I needed it to save my life id loaded it up and shoot it. All this being said this is a wildly hypothetical situtation.:draw:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bashing reloaders is a necessary evil for the reloaded ammo scorned. But don't lump us all together. Some of us make some damn fine ammo.

I'm sorry, but I need to verify this. Just give me a thousand rounds of 223 and 45ACP and I will be glad to verify this for you. Let me know when you want me to pick it up.

LOL

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm sorry, but I need to verify this. Just give me a thousand rounds of 223 and 45ACP and I will be glad to verify this for you. Let me know when you want me to pick it up.

LOL

I'll give you a hundred rounds of each. I'll put my money where my mouth is. Shoot it (with video) against any factory ammo you choose and post the results on INGO. Seriously. :)

Last edited:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012

No one is bashing reloads just this particular "reloader" or store that sold them I do think reloads can be very good and especially are ideal in order to get the most accuracy out of your gun but when it comes to personal pretection I shoot factory so what does that say?

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    It's a good idea to know something about a reloader before you buy his product.
    That being said it's hard to justify condemning an industry based on the complaint of a high school era mistake...

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    QUOTE=Iroquois;3060768]It's a good idea to know something about a reloader before you buy his product.
    That being said it's hard to justify condemning an industry based on the complaint of a high school era mistake...[/QUOTE]

First of all it wasnt a "high school era mistake" my dad bought a bag of reloads at a gunstore said here you go have fun. I just considered them equal to factory loads and went for it not thinking of the possibility of there being a 44 MAGNUM in a bag of 45 colt. Who "condemn" a industry I love reloading have a dillion 550 progressive press and so on. I am condemn the stupidity of buying reloads from anyone. Reloads should be for personal use only that way if something happens there is only one person to blame. The price of 45 colt factory ammo and this incident drove me to get into reloading in the first place.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    'Not thinking' Exactly. an experienced shooter would have taken the time to inspect
    a box of unknown loads. I have always visually inspected 'bought' reloads and only purchased them from a well known source.
    My concern is the condemnation of all commercial reloads because of one
    avoidable mishap.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    No one is bashing reloads just this particular "reloader" or store that sold them I do think reloads can be very good and especially are ideal in order to get the most accuracy out of your gun but when it comes to personal pretection I shoot factory so what does that say?

It says you don't trust your own abilities as much as you do the machinery and quality control practices of a large ammunition manufacturer. Like so many things in American society today, you are convinced that you cannot do something as well as a commercial vendor.

I do not buy reloads, but I buy all the components to reload my own ammunition. What I load is, first and foremost, SAFE. It is also functional, accurate, cost-effective and just plain EFFECTIVE. I do not understand why someone would learn to reload, study the characteristics of various bullets, and then choose to shoot factory ammo for self-defense. That shows a lack of confidence in one's ability or in the effectiveness of the bullet they chose to load with. That is incomprehensible, to me.

:dunno:

Top Bottom