• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    don't forget the reputations of ALL of us who do reload ammunition that just got slammed as well. :n00b:

I clearly blame the store for this and myself dont see how your reputation could be slammed:dunno: This is more of a cautionary tale to those that my have been in my situtation at the time. I didnt know what I know now back then just trying to help people and make sure no one else makes the same mistake:twocents:

Last edited:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Lets see....
    You said

And then

Then later on you said

I'm gonna stand by my previous post.

Do you want a medal? I said somehow a 44 mag got into the bag because im sure it wasnt the stores intention to do so but with their neglegence it happened. At the time I didnt have a 44 mag so there is no way it happened on my end. The ammo was bought just before a range session and fired the same day. If you choose not to believe that then thats on you. You asked when all this happened meaning the incident I said ten years ago. So I dont see where you got that I had the ammo for ten years laying around my house. These forums are full of people setting around going over every post looking for a gotcha moment if thats what floats your boat i feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Got 2 words for ya, Matt...

"Medal"...it's what you win

and, "LETTIGOOOO!"...it's what you do at the end of a rant. In all fairness, I sometimes struggle with this myself, so I know where yer coming from. ;)

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Read an article In one of the major gun magazines and one of their "experts" a guy who has wrote hundreds of articles and handled many guns in his life was sighting in a couple of guns a 25-06 single shot and a 7mm-08 of some flavor and he wasnt paying attention to what he was doing loaded a 7mm-08 into a 25-06 and fired it he went to drop the falling block action on the gun I believe it was a ruger no1 or dakota model 10 a primer fell out. Luckily the 7mm bullet swaged down and exited the gun and he said his gunsmith said it wasnt damaged. So anyone is capable of accidents even "experts" Here is the link the story is toward the bottom of the page

http://www.ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/category/shooting/

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Got 2 words for ya, Matt...

"Medal"...it's what you win

and, "LETTIGOOOO!"...it's what you do at the end of a rant. In all fairness, I sometimes struggle with this myself, so I know where yer coming from. ;)

Im tryin to but people keep bringing it back up

lildave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We have had a couple of glocks come into the shop I work at that were blown apart with reloads they bought at a gun show. Not sure what show or who reloaded them. I have been given reloads and I always pull them and reload them myself. Use your own judgement but be careful.

gdkaiser

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Michiana-South Bend
    more than likely the glocks blowing up were squib load from a missed powder charge and a regular load next, if your shooting reloads and it felt light you might want to stop and check good chance you just got a squib and potential for a catastrophic gun failure... 40 45 and even a 9mm will feel like a bb gun if its a squib. But it is just safer to do your own.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You know there is a very easy quick and dirty way to tell if a round has been double or even under charged......

WEIGH THE DARN THING! Every reload you buy or make. Stick the whole cartridge on a scale and compare them all. While you are doing that....check to make sure that there isnt another caliber tossed in there that is not suppose to be. The scale doesnt lie. Pull a bullet on one and weigh it individually. Then weigh the powder. Then weigh the case(empty) Then look at a reloading book to see if its in the right ballpark of known printed load data for that size projectile and caliber.

*NOTE* weighing of course will not tell you whether the right powder is in there or not.

Top Bottom