• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I guess I'm not familiar with the concept of 'let them have it' and want to keep the things I work for. So, you said no thing is worth taking a life but said you would confront a thief, which is likely to lead to a confrontation that would put your life in danger. So, according to that theory, you should just hide under the bed and let them take what they want and don't confront them at all.

I will explain it to you one more time...please read slow.

I would not shoot someone specifically for trying to steal my things. I would attempt to stop a thief, and if in the process the thief made me fear for my life, then yes, I believe deadly force would be justified.

I hope you aren't saying that you would shoot someone that was trying to steal your vehicle. You would be charged with, and likely convicted of murder.

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    Any anger issues cowboy?

I was sitting on the tip of the sword babysitting F-4's uploaded with nukes before your were a glimmer in your Momma's eye.

You're welcome.

Now go get some much needed therapy before you become a full blown threat to society.

Babysitting F-4's, and still a rent-a-ninja. Not combat.
    Also you assume a lot, I am retired and on my second career, you assume my age is younger than you.
    You call ME a threat to society, you who packs 69 rounds while in Mall Ninja Mode. Please... I mind my own business, carry my stuff concealed, and realize the consequences of the lethal weapon I carry.
    You toss out insults like pansy ass, etc... people with little weenies and under 5'4" sound like you, little weenie big gun tough guy syndrome. You wonder why folks here think you are a goob, figure it out.
    I am done sparring, have fun in your suck job, maybe you will get to run over someone or shoot up a neighborhood- won't that yank your teeny little Ninja Stick:patriot::patriot:
    I am going to go for a cruise in my new car that I bought with my deployment savings and retirement check. :patriot::patriot:
    That and my motorcycle are why I don't need therapy for the PTSD I earned in the suck. Maybe I can get you a job as a guard at our shop. We could use a REAL MAN to save us from the "DARK FORCES" (you are retarded for using Mall Ninja phrases like that) Try not to shoot yourself in the foot Barney Fife... Gasp, Swoon, you so BAAADD....

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Perhaps he wasn't willing to stand there and let one of them beat the other. It could have easily deteriorated to the point where one would try to kill the other and he wanted to prevent that. Long ago (still in high school) three guys were chasing and punching one guy because of an argument they got into at the gas station. I wasn't going to let 3 people beat on one guy so I grabbed a pipe and yelled at them to stop. Once I started towards them with that pipe the 3 guys ran off. If I hadn't done that, it is likely that one guy would have been beat to death. They were punching and kicking him while he was trying to retreat.

Was your job to be protecting a truck full of money?

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I used to work for a private security company, I had a lot of fun doing it. It was exciting, clearing vacants, responding to calls, driving an armored car, not to mention those glorious slow nights when watching netflix and drinking coffee is all that you do.(ps, did more of the movie watching and coffee drinking than any of the other stuff). Those are fun, but then you know what I realized? My life is not worth the small paycheck those jobs hand out. I had my fun, got to know how things are in the world, and I moved on. OP, what you do is just a job, its not a career. I can armchair quarter back all day, I used to be in your shoes. I still say you did wrong. You should have just called the police and went on about your business, it isn't worth your life or job. If I was your employer, I would fire you for something like this, you put the truck in jeopardy over a squabble in the parking lot that it wasn't your job to handle. If you worked security for that gas station, its understandable to get involved. But as a armored car guard you have bigger things to worry about, the safety of your truck, the safety of your crew, the cargo in the back of the truck. You did right by calling the police, but thats all you should have done. You really sounded more like a kid trying to fill big shoes than a trained seasoned professional. I'm not trying to be rude, but thats how you come off. (btw, to everyone else asking about fueling the truck at a gas station, some armored car companies are not big enough to afford their own fueling depots and trucks are usually fueled when empty so its a pretty decent chance the vehicle was empty when they were there)

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I just remembered a lesson I was taught in high school...

"Never argue with a fool. Others may hear you and not know the difference."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just remembered a lesson I was taught in high school...

"Never argue with a fool. Others may hear you and not know the difference."
    The direction this thread has been going with the name calling and insults along with a general lack of civil discussion kind of reminds me of the high school mentality.

I'm surprised vacations haven't been handed out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would you confront a thief? Just let them take your stuff and leave. Confronting them could put you in a position that you would have to shoot them and since nothing you own is worth a life, you should just hide under your bed until they leave.

1)...why, because thieves are in serious need of an A$$ whipping. Is this my job?? only if I catch them taking my stuff. You turn the other cheek if you must, not me. Shoot one, if I catch him in my house and the A$$ whipping does not work out then yes, I would.

2)...I/we hate thieves. Once they know you are a soft target you will be a regular on their hit list. You are just sheeple to an "A" moral thief.

3)...Did I mention that a thief is in serious need of an A$$ whipping...oh, yeah, already said that. Sorry. Carry on with the name calling and such...........:popcorn:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you and that other douche endorsed abuse of position for personal gain.

Oh Bung-hole.....

cute-puppy-pictures-blah-blah-talking.jpg

bunghole.jpg

Last edited:

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I will explain it to you one more time...please read slow.

I would not shoot someone specifically for trying to steal my things. I would attempt to stop a thief, and if in the process the thief made me fear for my life, then yes, I believe deadly force would be justified.

I hope you aren't saying that you would shoot someone that was trying to steal your vehicle. You would be charged with, and likely convicted of murder.

Not if they try to steal it while I'm in it. Trying to take a car from my driveway and trying to steal from my home while I'm in it are not the same thing. But, that isn't what you said, you said no thing is worth taking a life. So, I still can't see why you would confront a thief in the house when you could just let them leave with your stuff instead of risking your life confronting them which could result in you having to take their life. The only reason you could have to confront them is because they are taking your 'things' and you would be putting both of your lives at risk by doing so. Your stance in that post and your plan to confront a thief do not jive, you can read that slow too if you like.

As for your other question, no I wasn't guarding a truck of money but if I was, I wouldn't stop being a human just because of it.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    This thread is full of fail.

Why do threads like these need to devolve into pointless insults and poking? Seriously? What is gained? I am not the peace and love hippie type, but I don't see why we can't all treat each other with the same respect we would give if each of us were standing face to face.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Not if they try to steal it while I'm in it. Trying to take a car from my driveway and trying to steal from my home while I'm in it are not the same thing. But, that isn't what you said, you said no thing is worth taking a life. So, I still can't see why you would confront a thief in the house when you could just let them leave with your stuff instead of risking your life confronting them which could result in you having to take their life. The only reason you could have to confront them is because they are taking your 'things' and you would be putting both of your lives at risk by doing so. Your stance in that post and your plan to confront a thief do not jive, you can read that slow too if you like.

As for your other question, no I wasn't guarding a truck of money but if I was, I wouldn't stop being a human just because of it.

My stance is that I would still not under any circumstances take a life over any piece of property. I might beat a thief's ass, as churchmouse said. It is never okay to take a life unless you believe yours to be in jeopardy.

And I was talking about an unoccupied car by the way. An occupied car or home is a different story. If someone comes into my occupied dwelling, deadly force is justified.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    WARNING

The next insult that is posted in this thread, that person is out of here. :mods:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, there has been WAY too much name calling in this thread. You can have a discussion without calling each other names. This is your official in thread warning. Any more name calling and you will get a vacation.

Top Bottom