• sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Got to admit, when I read the OP I literally LOL!!:laugh:

Sounds like another regular day in Ohio County to me:laugh:

I use to pastor in McHenry just down the road from Beaver Dam. Had two gents in their 70s start throwing punches one night after church. At one time they were brother-in-laws and the brother of the other man's wife was convinced he had killed her----over 15 years ago! One of the gents was a highly decorated WWII vet (hand to hand combat medals and presidential letters, etc). He won. Good times!:laugh::laugh:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The next insult that is posted in this thread, that person is out of here. :mods:
    Hey Que, you are a.... really great moderator and we are lucky to have you:D

Ok, there has been WAY too much name calling in this thread. You can have a discussion without calling each other names. This is your official in thread warning. Any more name calling and you will get a vacation.

What took you guys so long? Moderating this bunch of, oh wait, that would be name calling, fine individuals, is your only job in life right?:popcorn:

I think this thread has went far enough that you Mods should at least have your hands on the hammer. I'm not sayin you should draw it, just a palm rested lightly on top of it should serve as enough deterrent.:D

Oh, yea...IBTL. Keep up the good work guys, Lord knows nobody else wants to do it.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Yep, you did miss something. A hand on a weapon has never been considered "drawing down" on someone and pushes the limits in Kentucky for brandishing. The situation and the response were appropriate. It didn't even warrant a fight or flight response, just an annoyance.

My partner jumps out in a half draw and I have my hand on my Glock and the fool keeps coming !! Luckily his partner is eyeing both side arms and drags the idiot away.
    ....If I walked up to you and you grab your gun or reach for it and i shoot you, it would be very easy to get off as self defense. He was WALKING up to you. I didnt want to assume what you do or what job you were working. But in plain clothes if that same thing happened your still in the wrong and someone could easily get off shooting you because you "went for your gun".....and your partner drew his gun correct?....ding ding ding ...whatever....it would be stupid for anyone to act that way in everyday life...

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    My stance is that I would still not under any circumstances take a life over any piece of property. I might beat a thief's ass, as churchmouse said. It is never okay to take a life unless you believe yours to be in jeopardy.

And I was talking about an unoccupied car by the way. An occupied car or home is a different story. If someone comes into my occupied dwelling, deadly force is justified.

So, no killing for things, but if someone is taking your things you'll beat them up and likely have to kill them since, when they attack you (because it isn't likely they'll just let you beat them up), it will put your life at risk. Guess what, that is killing for a thing. Also, if you have a weapon and choose to 'beat up' an intruder, that probably isn't going to go the the way you think it will. Jumping on someone like that is no wise since you have no idea if that person has a weapon on them. If you have your gun, that would give them the chance to take it from you. Got any more bad ideas or circles you want to talk in?

Top Bottom