• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    So someone approaches you pissed or whatever and your first choice is to draw down on them or possibly shoot them? I missed something....

Yep, you did miss something. A hand on a weapon has never been considered "drawing down" on someone and pushes the limits in Kentucky for brandishing. The situation and the response were appropriate. It didn't even warrant a fight or flight response, just an annoyance.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    If the OP felt that himself or his partner were being threatened in anyway doesn't that give them a reason? Especially if they felt Mr. Toothless was in an altered state of mind. I think I would rather be safe than sorry.

Maybe their employer requires them to perform certain actions when in a particular situation.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding ! We have another winner !

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Hand on pistol in holster doesn't seem like brandishing to me. I catch my self sometimes resting my hand on mine. Haven't had LEO called on me yet.

I've had gas in my face/eyes before, forgot to relieve fuel pressure while changing fuel filter. That was NOT a fun 4 hours afterwards.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Oh, and in defense of the OP for those who didn't catch the reference, you don't run up on the armored truck or on the prisoner transport (not sure which the OP does, but it really isn't that relevant). If you encounter either of these vehicles in public, just don't do it.

Best advice for ANYONE at ANYTIME, cut these vehicles a wide berth. In traffic, at a customer stop, anytime period. It would amaze you how dense the general public is (maybe not amaze INGO members).

If something hinky goes down anyplace, anytime, the outcome could be bad for you and yours and your vehicle.

Please advise friends and family. In our present economy and the direction it is most evidently headed, around these vehicles is one of the most questionable places to be, ever.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Hand on pistol in holster doesn't seem like brandishing to me. I catch my self sometimes resting my hand on mine. Haven't had LEO called on me yet.
    \

What State in this fine Union were, or are, you standing in? Your hand resting on your holstered weapon IS considered brandishing in some states, not Indiana.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Best advice for ANYONE at ANYTIME, cut these vehicles a wide berth. In traffic, at a customer stop, anytime period. It would amaze you how dense the general public is (maybe not amaze INGO members).

If something hinky goes down anyplace, anytime, the outcome could be bad for you and yours and your vehicle.

Please advise friends and family. In our present economy and the direction it is most evidently headed, around these vehicles is one of the most questionable places to be, ever.

I am never even surprised at the density of the general public. Mindless sheeple.

One of the worst fights I was ever in came from getting between two idiots (male/female) in a bar. I had to fend off half the patrons before it was over. Unless there is bludgeoning, knives or guns I let them have at it. They put themselves there and I think they actually enjoy it. Possible foreplay to some.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    \

What State in this fine Union were, or are, you standing in? Your hand resting on your holstered weapon IS considered brandishing in some states, not Indiana.

I live in Indiana, so I assume I'm good to go. I see police officers doing it all the time, so if they are in a state like that, should they be arrested?

Waiting for answer.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I live in Indiana, so I assume I'm good to go. I see police officers doing it all the time, so if they are in a state like that, should they be arrested?

Waiting for answer.

You apparently don't understand that they are above the law. Just like speeding to get to a restaurant to eat lunch is okay if you are a Sheriff Deputy. Same goes for speeding behind traffic to try catching speeders from behind or turning your lights on to run red-lights for no reason other than you don't want to stop for it.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    You apparently don't understand that they are above the law. Just like speeding to get to a restaurant to eat lunch is okay if you are a Sheriff Deputy. Same goes for speeding behind traffic to try catching speeders from behind or turning your lights on to run red-lights for no reason other than you don't want to stop for it.

Congratulations.
    In about another thousand posts you just might have fifty posts of value.

Welcome to INGO. :ingo:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson

Not only that but if the SHTF while you're on duty you've got one heck of a tank there! Armored and weapons! Now that is the vehicle to have!:D

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    As opposed to letting toothless wonder run up and beam him in the head? Just sayin'.

When does someone cross the line for you? Is it when you're lying on the ground getting kicked in the gut? Are you saying you'll let them get close enough to find out?

Just curious.
    Been there done that. I was slightly intoxicated at the time and 3 days out of back surgery. (These are my excuses anyway) This guy closed the approx. 15 ft. and somehow struck me in the back of the head / neck in about 2 seconds. I went down like a rock. Luckily I guess, that was the end of it. Shoulda seen it coming.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Jitterbug

43791l12.jpg

Gas fight!!!

Jitterbug...

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Have noticed also a difference in peoples attitude. Seems like more than some folks are more predatory than I remember. Don't envy your job, but sounds like your doing it good.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    NO Good Deed goes unpunished
    I make it a habit to mind my own business for the most part but on occasion I "don the shining armor". Never fails to cause me to break a sweat.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Hate to say it, but the moment the domestic broke out next to you, it was your duty to get that truck out of there, not be a hero. When I was trained, the truck is priority. No matter what happens, you get the truck out of harms way and call the cops later. Domestic breaking out could very well be a great distraction to get your attention away from anyone coming up behind you with weapons. Something like that happens, you gotta go. Thats the kind of thing my partner did before I got him, he was in the truck and his partner got involved in a domestic, next thing you know their being pulled to the ground at gun point and the truck is leaving without them in it.

Top Bottom