• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I was fueling a company vehicle down in Beaver Dam about noon and a domestic situation breaks out just on the other side of my pump. I witness a young lady diving into "toothless wonders" truck window and pummeling his face with her fist.

I yell "Should I call the police?" They both start yelling at me YES and each commences to testify to me all of the wrongs each have done to each other.

"Toothless Wonder" takes my suggestion to drive off to only park his truck and come walking towards me and I suddenly realize he is in some sort of altered state of mind.

Now mind you, I'm in uniform with my G17 on one hip and three extra mags on the other in a business where you DO NOT approach my truck.

My partner jumps out in a half draw and I have my hand on my Glock and the fool keeps coming !! Luckily his partner is eyeing both side arms and drags the idiot away.

Lesson learned.... Do not get involved in domestics! My admiration for LEO just went up big time !

Now just times that by 5 and that is a typical day for me.

FINALLY ! Someone grasps the whole motivation of my post.

Nice neighborhood to come play in if one adores self induced flagellation.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Takes one to know one! LOL !!

Why, yes. So I'm infinitely qualified.

Coming from the gender that doesn't [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] NEED any....quite a comment indeed !
    FIFY.

Wasn't tasked to respond until the mouth breathers decided to chime in.

Oh, sure, blame it on everybody else.

Quite a swing from reading me my pedigree to supporting my actions. I'm confused but women have always had that effect on me. Oh yeah, a question..... "Toothless Wonder" is walking a Darwinian tight rope or I am? Again, that gender induced confusion thingy going on.

If you're confused, it's all on you. I was quite clear: your attitude sux but your actions to discharge the duties you have would be clear and justified. What's not to understand?

(BTW, isn't it a little bit insulting to admit that a lowly, inferior woman can rattle you so much that you can't understand a simple thought?)

Yer most profound thought yet, thanks for playing !
    No, not my most profound, really. Your standards must be low.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hate to say it, but the moment the domestic broke out next to you, it was your duty to get that truck out of there, not be a hero. When I was trained, the truck is priority. No matter what happens, you get the truck out of harms way and call the cops later. Domestic breaking out could very well be a great distraction to get your attention away from anyone coming up behind you with weapons. Something like that happens, you gotta go. Thats the kind of thing my partner did before I got him, he was in the truck and his partner got involved in a domestic, next thing you know their being pulled to the ground at gun point and the truck is leaving without them in it.

I don't know, but this guy seems to understand the best course of action IMO...

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    What a tool!

Doncha just love keyboard experts?

My statement you pulled out, and got a little woody by piecemeal dissecting it , was colored by your ignorance or misunderstanding of the industry.

Anyone at risk around one of these trucks is in such because of the very real collateral damage that could occur if something goes down. Your vehicle is at risk because I have 1/2 inch steel bumpers attached straight to the frame and operations directives give me permission to use them to escape a situation.

I gotcher "Mall Ninja" hanging right here.

Dude, you need to check your $12 an hour tough guy rhetoric now. Your "industry" that you brag about is full of Mall Ninjas, and you talk about how dangerous it is. How many U.S. troops DIED TODAY, dick? Now how many armored truck crews died this decade??? How many firefights have you been in???
    First off you act like you are some type of tough guy. I am a combat vet (Desert Storm, Bosnia/Croatia/Kosovo, OIF/OEF). I have had the extreme displeasure of taking a life while risking my own. I base my opinion solely on your comments and your continuing tough guy posturing. With the huge numbers of Guard and Reserve troops from Indiana deployed, there are thousands of Hoosiers that have proven their metal overseas. You smell like a wannabe to me. PERIOD. There is NOTHING in that truck worth risking ONE SINGLE innocent life over. You stated how "bad for you and yours" NOT ME. You carry 3 spare Glock mags!?!?! Why not get something belt fed, are you sure 69 rounds are enough for the Hollywood action hero shootout you envision? Guess what, you are likely to fire one mag maybe, most misses. You are going to "ram your way out" possibly harming someone in the process? Get a clue, the lawsuits alone would recoup more than your truck carries daily, dink.
    You talk about people not having the CAJONES to do your job. Strap on 60 lbs of IBA, Full Battle Rattle, Kevlar helmet, and then go drive around until you get blown up or shot at, then dismount and take fire from 2 sides, all while keeping your collective **** together. I DARE you to do what I did for 20 years. I will send a recruiter to you TODAY so you can enlist and prove your "cajones". You have the shovel, you choose to keep digging. Do me a favor, look up a man named Jeff Mittman, a man I went to school with. A man who lost his FACE in a RPG attack in Iraq, and tell him how big your cajones are. Come look at the Mahdi Army flag in my den (the bearer didn't need it anymore) and show me your cajones...

Last edited:

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Dude, you need to check your $12 an hour tough guy retoric now.
    First off you act like you are some type of tough guy. I am a combat vet (Desert Storm, Bosnia/Croatia/Kosovo, OIF/OEF). I have had the extreme displeasure of taking a life while risking my own. I base my opinion solely on your comments and your continuing tough guy posturing. With the huge numbers of Guard and Reserve troops from Indiana deployed, there are thousands of Hoosiers that have proven their metal overseas. You smell like a wannabe to me. PERIOD. There is NOTHING in that truck worth risking ONE SINGLE innocent life over. You stated how "bad for you and yours" NOT ME. You carry 3 spare Glock mags!?!?! Why not get something belt fed, are you sure 69 rounds are enough for the Hollywood action hero shootout you envision? Guess what, you are likely to fire one mag maybe, most misses. You are going to "ram your way out" possibly harming someone in the process? Get a clue, the lawsuits alone would recoup more than your truck carries daily, dink.
    You talk about people not having the CAJONES to do your job. Strap on 60 lbs of IBA, Full Battle Rattle, Kevlar helmet, and then go drive around until you get blown up or shot at, then dismount and take fire from 2 sides, all while keeping your collective **** together. I DARE you to do what I did for 20 years. I will send a recruiter to you TODAY so you can enlist and prove your "cajones". You have the shovel, you choose to keep digging. Do me a favor, look up a man named Jeff Mittman, a man I went to school with. A man who lost his FACE in a RPG attack in Iraq, and tell him how big your cajones are. Come look at the Mahdi Army flag in my den (the bearer didn't need it anymore) and show me your cajones...

Yeah, but have you ever guarded a truck full of money?

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Cat-says-gtfo-cats-27432783-425-332.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you and that other douche endorsed abuse of position for personal gain.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Ego much?

I was just saying that no property, including a truck full of money, is worth taking someone's life.

You can let people take everything you've worked hard for if you want to, but that just isn't for most of us. In fact, where do you live? I know some people looking for new stuff and you won't shoot them so it'll be free and easy to get.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You had it right at the start but then you decided to keep typing.

Look, I take a lot of pride in the things I own. If I saw someone stealing something from my yard, yes, I would confront them and try to prevent it, then go from there. I wouldn't immediately run out ready to shoot just because someone was getting close to something of mine.

You are tasked with protecting a truck full of money from being stolen. You had the opportunity to stay out of the confrontation and leave, but chose not to. Egotistical Mall Ninja....

And yes, I probably said what I said because I don't have as large of testicles as you have, and I have low self esteem...yada yada yada

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You can let people take everything you've worked hard for if you want to, but that just isn't for most of us. In fact, where do you live? I know some people looking for new stuff and you won't shoot them so it'll be free and easy to get.

Different scenario. And no, I would definately confront a thief, but would not use deadly force unless I feared for my life while doing so. Read the OP about what actually happened. He put himself in a bad situation.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Dude, you need to check your $12 an hour tough guy rhetoric now. Your "industry" that you brag about is full of Mall Ninjas, and you talk about how dangerous it is. How many U.S. troops DIED TODAY, dick? Now how many armored truck crews died this decade??? How many firefights have you been in???

I could be wrong, or just skimmed over it, but I didn't see him make any statement claiming his job was harder, more dangerous, or required more balls than being a soldier.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Different scenario. And no, I would definately confront a thief, but would not use deadly force unless I feared for my life while doing so. Read the OP about what actually happened. He put himself in a bad situation.

Why would you confront a thief? Just let them take your stuff and leave. Confronting them could put you in a position that you would have to shoot them and since nothing you own is worth a life, you should just hide under your bed until they leave.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

Any anger issues cowboy?

I was sitting on the tip of the sword babysitting F-4's uploaded with nukes before your were a glimmer in your Momma's eye.

You're welcome.

Now go get some much needed therapy before you become a full blown threat to society.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I could be wrong, or just skimmed over it, but I didn't see him make any statement claiming his job was harder, more dangerous, or required more balls than being a soldier.

If I were you, I would start from the beginning and read through the entire thread. You would look much less ignorant in your posts.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Why would you confront a thief? Just let them take your stuff and leave. Confronting them could put you in a position that you would have to shoot them and since nothing you own is worth a life, you should just hide under your bed until they leave.

If a thief put me in a position to use deadly force, then yes I would. It would not be because the person stole or tried stealing from me though. Why is this concept so hard for you to understand?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I was fueling a company vehicle down in Beaver Dam about noon and a domestic situation breaks out just on the other side of my pump. I witness a young lady diving into "toothless wonders" truck window and pummeling his face with her fist.

I yell "Should I call the police?" They both start yelling at me YES and each commences to testify to me all of the wrongs each have done to each other.

"Toothless Wonder" takes my suggestion to drive off to only park his truck and come walking towards me and I suddenly realize he is in some sort of altered state of mind.

Now mind you, I'm in uniform with my G17 on one hip and three extra mags on the other in a business where you DO NOT approach my truck.

My partner jumps out in a half draw and I have my hand on my Glock and the fool keeps coming !! Luckily his partner is eyeing both side arms and drags the idiot away.

Lesson learned.... Do not get involved in domestics! My admiration for LEO just went up big time !

It seems to me that "altered state of minds" and domestic's go hand in hand.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    If a thief put me in a position to use deadly force, then yes I would. It would not be because the person stole or tried stealing from me though. Why is this concept so hard for you to understand?

I guess I'm not familiar with the concept of 'let them have it' and want to keep the things I work for. So, you said no thing is worth taking a life but said you would confront a thief, which is likely to lead to a confrontation that would put your life in danger. So, according to that theory, you should just hide under the bed and let them take what they want and don't confront them at all.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Minded my own business and GTHO if I were in your line of work.

If it were me, being a non mall ninja, would have done the same.

Perhaps he wasn't willing to stand there and let one of them beat the other. It could have easily deteriorated to the point where one would try to kill the other and he wanted to prevent that. Long ago (still in high school) three guys were chasing and punching one guy because of an argument they got into at the gas station. I wasn't going to let 3 people beat on one guy so I grabbed a pipe and yelled at them to stop. Once I started towards them with that pipe the 3 guys ran off. If I hadn't done that, it is likely that one guy would have been beat to death. They were punching and kicking him while he was trying to retreat.

Top Bottom