"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Mine wasn't delivered Monday but it was Tuesday. I've had them refuse to deliver if I don't clear out the area in front of my mailbox so they could do so as usual.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I got mail today. A couple bills and the usual junk mail. There was nothing there I would have wanted a letter carrier to have gotten frostbit over. I am just a very thankful man that we have had plenty power, heat and food to stay safe for this artic blast. I know that more than a few have had some serious weather related struggles and losses. I pray that you will come out ok.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    None yesterday, got some today but haven't been out for it. I once had a note in my mailbox saying they wouldn't deliver because the box was inaccessible (!) when the plow guys had piled the snow in front of it. I just hadn't got to it yet. Our plows travel in packs; one big one to clear the streets and a couple of small ones to make sure all the driveways are blocked.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I haven't seen any mail, nor even the mail vehicle on my street, since Saturday. I am hoping that some time this week they'll get around to delivering something, even if it is a bill or junk mail.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    No mail delivered on my rural route Mon and Tue and I am more than OK with that. Our carrier is a great guy and I'm glad someone, be it our Post Master or the carrier himself, made the safe, smart decision. He delivered today.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No mail delivered on my rural route Mon and Tue and I am more than OK with that. Our carrier is a great guy and I'm glad someone, be it our Post Master or the carrier himself, made the safe, smart decision. He delivered today.

Up this way it looked like they were using some rural route drivers to help lighten the load of city carriers because of the no delivery Monday plus the fact that the mail Jeeps suck bootyhole on snow or ice. Saw some fwd and 4wd rural route drivers on some of the lesser traveled roads (or the subdivisions that weren't full of wealthy people) because the plowing wasn't all that good. That was confirmed as what was happening per a family member that had split their route several times when we had heavy snow, 25 to 30 years as a letter carrier.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Let me rephrase that, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from their appointed rounds. Except, perhaps, a 2' snow bank in front of the box...." :n00b:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No mail Saturday, Monday, or yesterday. Got a ****load today. But no trash collection today. My cans are buried under snow in the back yard, so I just set bags out at the end of the driveway. I hope they come and get them before the raccoons get to them.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Hmm... Maybe the 3' deep snow around my mailbox is keeping them from delivering? Oh well, the neighbor has a tractor with a plow, he can clear it, his box is next to mine in my yard!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Mail what is this weird thing you speak of.

I don't think I have sent a letter or postcard in years. Most likely since win95 came out.

i do send packages with them. All I can shove in the box.

All I get in the mail are bills, junk mail and pre declined credit card offers. If they quit coming to my house I would not
    miss them at all.

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    the postmaster said today that the mail for our little P.O. was being held in indy because of the ruling to stay off the roads and they would not let the trucks leave

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    All I get in the mail are... pre declined credit card offers.

I got something in the mail a few months back with a big bold notice on the front of the envelope.

"You've been selected to apply"

It almost sounding like I didn't have a choice.
    I immediately inserted it into the circular file.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    No mail Monday or Tuesday for me. Finally came today around 4:30 and I rushed to the box expecting my LTCH to finally be there but nope just junk mail and a flyer from rural king

Top Bottom