"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'm still not getting mail, UPS or FedEx. I live on fully plowed and completely open streets in Terre Haute.
    I, a disabled person with severe back issues, can make it to town or for that matter the PO or any of the package delivery stations.

My mail box is cleared and you can drive right up to it easily, I paid some kids to do the driveway, walks and to clear the mailbox for me. If they don't start delivering until we get more snow I am gonna be pissed since I only cleared things because I knew I had stuff inbound. I can't afford the kids again so whatever snow we get next is there to stay until it melts.

In fact, FedEx decided to stop delivery BEFORE the snow fell. I have a box supposedly laying on my lazy driver's truck now for five days.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was shocked to find out that we had delivery yesterday. I never even checked because I doubted they were out delivering due to the road conditions. I had mail in the box this morning and more this afternoon! I got a check I had been waiting on and no bills!!!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Despite shovelling the front walk, from porch to street down to concrete, midday Monday, I haven't seen a single article of mail appear in the mailbox all week.

The mail trucks are being held up in Indy since the postal service decided that our "little" mail sorting building needed to close. So now, any mail addressed to a TH address from a TH address has to go to Indianapolis first. They said on the news that the trucks weren't allowed on the roads because of the weather. Service should resume soon.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    No mail Saturday, Monday, or yesterday. Got a ****load today. But no trash collection today. My cans are buried under snow in the back yard, so I just set bags out at the end of the driveway. I hope they come and get them before the raccoons get to them.

Squirt a little ammonia in each bag. They may get the nose in, but won't stay for the jackpot. Old guy I used to know did that, used to take home the spent blueprint ammonia.

I'm hoping FedEx & UPS are running, which I think they are; I got 50lb of coffee beans today, but I have an 8595E out there somewhere that needs to get here, as well as some computer parts & such.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I got mail today for the first time this week. I inquired at the post office yesterday to see if I could pick up my mail and they told me that they had not received any trucks from the hub since Friday. Still no UPS delivery though. My tracking number said that my new Spec-Ops pack was originally supposed to be delivered Monday. I've seen the brown trucks out and about in the city but I guess they are too scared to venture into my neck of the woods.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, looks like all the UPS, FedEx and USPS stuff I've been waiting for comes today. All in one big orgy of stuff to play with at once. :rockwoot:
    Neighbor is a mail carrier and she left as she usually does at 3AM today and my inbox is full of notices of delivery emails! WOO HOO!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I haven't received any mail in my mail box since before the snow storm. The HOA is supposed to take care of the neighborhood roads and clear in front of the mailboxes, but the roads were not cleared until Tuesday night. I'm not expecting anything in the mail either so I don't care much.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Finally got some mail today. Passed the truck as we were coming back in and actually had something in the mailbox. Wasn't a lot, tho. That surprised me.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    First world problems.

I used that expression today when my 18 yr old daughter said she didn't know when to wash her hair after a haircut, because it might look greasy before an event. She replied "I'm not that worried about it." I raised her right (left)......Late mail delivery borders on a mild third world problem. Y(OA)V.*

*opinion apparently

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We had mail on Wednesday.

Which is pretty funny. Our mail lady won't do ANYTHING she isn't forced to do (doesn't bring packages to the door, doesn't get signatures when required, etc...). So, SOMEONE must have lit a fire under her to get out in this mess!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My carrier is a lazy douche. We get our mail between 6:30 and 7:30 PM. NEVER before 5 since last year when they apparently consolidated some routes. Not complaining, at least we get it.

Yesterday the wife saw our carrier drive past the house on the opposite side of the road on her way in to the 'hood at the usual time of 4ish. YAY! first mail in 3 days.

No mail by 7:30 so I popped into amazon prime to track the package that was supposed to be there. "delivery attempted at 4:34PM". BULLSH**!! Our mailbox was clear, drive, walk and porch shoveled. She apparently gave up for the day and just scanned in the packages to say she tried.

Just for giggles later that night when I dug my roommates car out of the pile of snow it was under, I took the snowblower and cleared all the way to the top edge of the curb, and got every last bit of snow off the walk. Absolutely no excuse today. We'll see.

Oh, and I also turned the masking off my security camera so that it now picks up motion on the road. If she "attempts" again today I'll have proof she didnt and was scanning from somewhere else.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We had an announced 1 day delay on trash, and they came through. UPS came with boxes for milady, and FedEx twice, once for her and some bullets for me. Haven't been out to check the mail, they can do that when they get home. School has been off all week, and a 2 hour delay announced for tomorrow, which seems a waste.

Top Bottom