• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    its bad netiquette. that term really makes me giggle. like the internet is a tuxedo dinner party or something. i think people should stand behind their comments instead of sending out neg rep and trust in the fact that they arent "supposed" to see the light of day.
    6a00d8341c248053ef0128767d4ba9970c-800wi

I'm here to party, and I brought watermelons.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm movin on up. I have 3 now, all from AzzHats!

Oh, not counting the one from a Mod for a "Technical" issue. So 4 now.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

No one has been named directly in that thread. :dunno:

It's OK to have a thread where people b**** about getting neg repped; heck, they can even link to specific posts/threads, or repost the contents with the name redacted. But when people start naming names, it changes the focus from another member's comments to that member himself, and opens the door for all kinds of bad blood. That's what we're trying to prevent here.

To say nothing of the fact that when someone sends a PM or makes a rep comment which is not visible to other members, there is a reasonable expectation that such communication will stay private.

My :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

To say nothing of the fact that when someone sends a PM or makes a rep comment which is not visible to other members, there is a reasonable expectation that such communication will stay private.

My :twocents:

To be clear, you have no such expectation with me. If you send me something I don't like, I may not post it here because of site rules. But if I dislike it strongly enough, you can surely expect to see it elsewhere, along with me making fun of you for it.

You want privacy... don't post it on the internet.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    ...... i think people should stand behind their comments instead of sending out neg rep and trust in the fact that they arent "supposed" to see the light of day.

This.

Perhaps I should start a Positive Rep thread, where posting the names of the providers of positive reps with the commentary, would be considered within "good" taste.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    To be clear, you have no such expectation with me. If you send me something I don't like, I may not post it here because of site rules. But if I dislike it strongly enough, you can surely expect to see it elsewhere, along with me making fun of you for it.

You want privacy... don't post it on the internet.

:+1:

Since I'm the one who said this via PM with a Mod, I'll repeat it here: I agree that there is no reasonable expectation of privacy, even in a rep comment or a "private message". For one, It's on the Internet; for two, if I meet up with Joe and we have a conversation, unless there was some previous confidentiality agreement (including informal stuff like, "you didn't hear this from me, but..." or "keep this on the DL", not just formal, legal gag orders), then whatever we talk about is fair game for me to repeat.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    To me on the neg reps, who cares. If I give someone a neg rep, feel free to tell all your little friends that I did it. I will explain to them what a little whiney turd you are and how I look forward to giving you another one if you spout nonsense any more.

PMs, emails or personal conversations, generally I would not reveal those without your consent. If Joe and I have a beer some day (which I would certainly welcome as long as he is buying) anything he would say would be between us. If I wanted to share it, I would ask him first.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Seriously, let it go. Your tantrum is going to get this thread locked. Good grief :n00b:

Who's throwing a tantrum?

I just quoted the aforementioned party in a post that is currently viewable by everyone. Nothing offensive, contrary to the common sensibilities, or a violation of etiquette was posted.

If it were so, I would fully expect that the mods would repair such error, as well as delete such offending phrases from the OP's posts.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Who's throwing a tantrum?

I just quoted the aforementioned party in a post that is currently viewable by everyone. Nothing offensive, contrary to the common sensibilities, or a violation of etiquette was posted.

If it were so, I would fully expect that the mods would repair such error, as well as delete such offending phrases from the OP's posts.

You're missing the point. If you can't comprehend it by now, no amount of explaining further will enlighten you. Good day.

Top Bottom