• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    First off, I hope they give Larson the waiver because it is in the best interest of NASCAR, but I think Chase's waiver for the snowboarding accident is a bit different. He didn't exactly choose between a race and snowboarding. He was snowboarding in his free time and got injured. Larson chose to skip the start of the 600 to start the 500.
    I think out of those 2 situations, Larson would deserve the waiver more. Larson missed the start of a race to run the biggest race in motorsports, many drivers lifelong dream. And nascar and indycar both benefited from him doing so. Nascar even advertised it for the entire month of May.

Chase was injured snowboarding, something that benefited the sport in no way, and actually hurt the sport by his presence not being on track.

I think Nascar would be smart to give Larson the waiver, otherwise it takes a sport thats already got a bad image among a lot of people and makes them look petty, like they are insecure about drivers being in any car other than theirs. What made Nascar so awesome was the drivers being so talented and being able to drive any car. AJ Foyt, Robby Gordon, Tony, Kyle… the sport needs more of that. It brings fans from other echelon of motorsports when they are cheering for a guy on Friday night at their local track and see him Sunday on the Nascar circuit. Punishing them for that will send a message that they do not want that, and will suffer in the future by making drivers hesitate to do so.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I will never understand these companies that make a decision, see their numbers drop drastically, and then instead of playing damage control they double down on their decision.

Nascar has always been majority good ole boy oriented. A lot of those good ole boys are in the bible belt, southern hospitality, church going, right leaning, older, white, males.

They have done multiple polls throughout the years. The younger generation does not care about motorsports like the older generations. Other cultures do not enjoy stock car racing like caucasian males do. Those facts arent even debatable, nor questionable. I understand their desire to appeal to a broader audience. I don’t understand their desire to shun the core base to attempt doing so. Seems like an odd business strategy to me, but what do I know? I’m just a middle aged white male from the suburbs of Indiana…

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I will never understand these companies that make a decision, see their numbers drop drastically, and then instead of playing damage control they double down on their decision.

Nascar has always been majority good ole boy oriented. A lot of those good ole boys are in the bible belt, southern hospitality, church going, right leaning, older, white, males.

They have done multiple polls throughout the years. The younger generation does not care about motorsports like the older generations. Other cultures do not enjoy stock car racing like caucasian males do. Those facts arent even debatable, nor questionable. I understand their desire to appeal to a broader audience. I don’t understand their desire to shun the core base to attempt doing so. Seems like an odd business strategy to me, but what do I know? I’m just a middle aged white male from the suburbs of Indiana…
    I think that’s called “Biting the hand that feeds you”.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Bubba gon a be mad......

“We’ve given waivers out for everything, right? But the thing that I do see, which I don’t know the thought process of who’s making the decision, right? He made a choice. He made the choice to run the Indy 500. Knew that weather was bad, knew all that stuff, made a great attempt to get there, but he made a choice. That’s all I’ve got to say.”- Bubba Wallace said, as quoted by On3.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    To most Americans, NASCAR has always belonged to the “rednecks” —an association strong enough that NASCAR’s attempts to broaden their viewership are not only pointless, but discourage the dedicated fans they do have.

This is exactly what we have all been saying!!!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    BREAKING: Kyle Larson was granted his playoff waiver after several days of waiting. After missing the start of the Coke 600 dues to a rain delay at Indy it was unknown if the waiver would be granted.
    Under the stipulation of the waiver Kyle Larson must appear in Drag for the remainder of the races and appearances in the month of June. Kyle was not available for comment due to he and his wife were busy shopping for make-up, sundresses and yoga pants.

Official NASCAR release.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    BREAKING: Kyle Larson was granted his playoff waiver after several days of waiting. After missing the start of the Coke 600 dues to a rain delay at Indy it was unknown if the waiver would be granted.
    Under the stipulation of the waiver Kyle Larson must appear in Drag for the remainder of the races and appearances in the month of June. Kyle was not available for comment due to he and his wife were busy shopping for make-up, sundresses and yoga pants.

Official NASCAR release.
    When i read the title i thought good!! Then i read the message and about choked on my water.

Would it actually surprise anyone if that happened tho?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Bubba doesnt think Larson should get a waiver.

First, who cars wtf Bubba Wallace thinks.

Second, why would they ask a guy who literally assaulted him what he thinks?

Third, OF COURSE Bubba doesn't want Larson in the playoffs, it'll move him up a position and might give him a VERY SMALL hope to make the playoffs.

This is exactly why points with this system is ridiculous. Just go back to the old points system, then if somoene misses a race they miss out on all the points from that race... If they are so far ahead on points that they can miss a race and still be in contention, that just shows how well they have ran all season long.

Right now, you could never lead a lap in the season, make the playoffs, end up in the final four on the last race, have a caution with 5 to go, the 3 other drivers have a bad restart, and you win a championship. That isn't how racing championships are supposed to work. This isn't the NFL or NBA. The more they try to make them similar, the less people are going to watch, as obviously there have been a 70% decrease in viewership over the last 20 years, and we are getting beat by golf ratings and reruns of desperate housewives now.

"Bubba Wallace Subtly Takes NASCAR's Side in 4 Words as Kyle Larson's Playoff Hopes Dwindle"

The comments are pure gold.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Denny Hamlin Warns NASCAR Against Angering its Biggest Stars

Denny, even though I don't like him, actually gets it.

"
    Denny Hamlin believes NASCARneeds to be careful with its “the show will go on with or without you” mentality when it comes to relations with its biggest stars.

Speaking on his “Actions Detrimental” podcast, Hamlin explained how Stewart-Haas Racing closing its doors after the 2024 Cup Series season, as well as NASCAR being hesitant to grant Kyle Larson a waiver, are troublesome for the sport in the long-term."

“NASCAR has felt the show will go on with or without you,” Hamlin said. “I don’t know if that is necessarily as true today as it used to be. There’s always superstars coming in and out, we got a lot of young talent coming through the roots and sponsorship was all plentiful and if you didn’t do what they wanted you to do, it was take it or leave it and this is our sandbox. If you don’t like it, get out and the show’s gonna run on this weekend. Our sport is not like that anymore. And if you ruffle feathers of the Chase Elliott or a Kyle Larson, now you got a team that says, ‘Alright, you wanted to go on without us, we’re out.’

“Just feel as though these are the kind of things that knock out the leg of your stool. And if you keep having these things that shows splinters, it’s not good for the sport long-term. And I want to see what’s good for the sport, I’m invested in it. But you’re not gonna change the way some of these people think. That’s troublesome. I just think we got to be careful thinking that we don’t need you, we are the show. That is a very dangerous way for our sport to think because these teams and these drivers are the show. If you start dinking around with things like waivers and just stuff, then you’re not helping anyone’s cause. And certainly not your own.”

Top Bottom