• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Imo, they were very different scenarios. Indy had lightening and they were trying to start the race. The 600 was rain and it was getting late. Don’t get me wrong I think whoever should try to complete a full race. Honestly I was afraid Indy was going to start just to get halfway. Mother Nature cooperated for Indy. Didn’t make past the rain at the 600.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Imo, they were very different scenarios. Indy had lightening and they were trying to start the race. The 600 was rain and it was getting late. Don’t get me wrong I think whoever should try to complete a full race. Honestly I was afraid Indy was going to start just to get halfway. Mother Nature cooperated for Indy. Didn’t make past the rain at the 600.
    I think its more about the communication than anything. Indy kept everyone updated throughout the delay, whereas nobody in nascar were informed of anything the entire time… even the broadcasters

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I see you have become victim of the laughing emoji trolling as well. Embrace it, now even if you discuss the race results you will get a laugh reaction.

Positive side is your account shows you get a lot of positive reactions… so it actually helps :) I do notice tho, when the admins post here they do not get trolled with the reactions. Wonder why ;)

Anyways. I think a night race at the brickyard would draw a lot of attendance. I have been to quite a few and it is always late July/early August… way too hot. I was there the year they had tire issues and threw competition cautions every 20 laps. That was a nightmare, probably the hottest race I have ever attended. Miserable.

I noticed this as well. Looks like someone needs to up their meds or quit taking drugs.

tumblr_lxiu3bkCsN1qkyo4ro1_250.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

“I like racing for a championship all season. I dont like racing for a championship on one last restart.” -Carl Edwards

This is my issue with the chase. You can win 1 race and be in the chase. Then on the last race of the year, caution come out with 10 to go during a race you were horrible in, but if you get a good restart you win the championship. I dont like that at all. I want the guy that finishes the best week in and week out to get rewarded for an entire year of running good.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Turned on the final 50 laps of gateway today. Only side by side racing is when they were in the corners trying to pass, as soon as theyd exit the turns it was back nose to tail. And people only tried to pass when they had new tires. Other than that was a lot of follow the leader. Gatweway has a ton of potential with the right tire options.

Blaney had a 5 second lead… crew didnt get enough fuel in it and ran out of fuel as he was taking the white flag.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Nascar has still not given Kyle Larson his waiver.

If they don’t eventually do so, this will only hurt Nascars image with the remaining fans even more.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Nascar has still not given Kyle Larson his waiver.

If they don’t eventually do so, this will only hurt Nascars image with the remaining fans even more.
    Idk. I'm on the fence about a waiver personally. Nascar is your full time gig, you need to be there and run the races. Waivers for injury due to a racing incident I'm fine with, but even then that injury should be from a Nascar race and not extracurricular activities.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Gotta love Chiraq. Gonna increase taxes on tickets to the downtown race. In some cases taxes could be more than the actual ticket.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Gotta love Chiraq. Gonna increase taxes on tickets to the downtown race. In some cases taxes could be more than the actual ticket.

Is EBT accepted? Asking for a friend.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Idk. I'm on the fence about a waiver personally. Nascar is your full time gig, you need to be there and run the races. Waivers for injury due to a racing incident I'm fine with, but even then that injury should be from a Nascar race and not extracurricular activities.
    I dont disagree, but keeping someone from being in the playoffs is a bit excessive, considering even without charlottes results he is still in standings for playoffs and nascar themselves advertised larson running the double for a month for the publicity.

I just hate to see a guys entire season of success ruined.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Wow!

You would think Chicago would like the extra income hosting a nascar event brings… I guess they figure theyll try to milk it as much as they can. In typical chicago style, theyre gonna tax themselves right out of it and end up with nothing.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I dont disagree, but keeping someone from being in the playoffs is a bit excessive, considering even without charlottes results he is still in standings for playoffs and nascar themselves advertised larson running the double for a month for the publicity.

Playoff should be on points alone. Not wins no waivers and no exceptions. Then the champion should be awarded to the driver to score the most points in the last 5 or so races. I don't like the last race thing at all.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Playoff should be on points alone. Not wins no waivers and no exceptions. Then the champion should be awarded to the driver to score the most points in the last 5 or so races. I don't like the last race thing at all.
    Agree 10000000%.

The way it is now, a guy that dominates the entire year can lose a championship because the final race has a caution with 10 to go. The entire season lays at the feet of a restart. Im not a fan of the points system, or the stage racing.

Remember the silly caution clock they were discussing before stage racing?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    A few years ago there was talk about putting lights around the track. It was a big discussion for a bit, then nothing ever came of it. I could only imagine how expensive that would be around a track that size, but it would make the brickyard an entirely different race atmosphere
    The number I heard was around $20-25mil, not just the ring of the lights around the track, there are a lot more into it when running a night race.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The number I heard was around $20-25mil, not just the ring of the lights around the track, there are a lot more into it when running a night race.
    Wow. I figured it was expensive, didnt realize it was that expensive.

On the plus side, Indy 500 could run at night if rain delayed, Nascar would get higher attendance because July in Indianapolis on metal grandstands absolutely sucks, and a night race could potentially reignite the interest in the brickyard 400. Ratings and attendance for the brickyard have been so bad the last few years, they have moved the date around and discussed the possibility of removing it from the schedule. The brickyard is a crown jewel event, I would hate to see it removed.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county

Also, lets not forget they gave Elliot a waiver after a snow boarding accident. Larson sure increased interest and media attention in both the 500 and 600.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Also, lets not forget they gave Elliot a waiver after a snow boarding accident. Larson sure increased interest and media attention in both the 500 and 600.
    First off, I hope they give Larson the waiver because it is in the best interest of NASCAR, but I think Chase's waiver for the snowboarding accident is a bit different. He didn't exactly choose between a race and snowboarding. He was snowboarding in his free time and got injured. Larson chose to skip the start of the 600 to start the 500.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    First off, I hope they give Larson the waiver because it is in the best interest of NASCAR, but I think Chase's waiver for the snowboarding accident is a bit different. He didn't exactly choose between a race and snowboarding. He was snowboarding in his free time and got injured. Larson chose to skip the start of the 600 to start the 500.
    Fair enough. He did decide or someone decided to miss the start of the 600.

Top Bottom