• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Predictions on Kyle Busch retiring?
    Theres no doubt Kyle is a beast behind the wheel, but he just has an odd arrogant personality I don’t care for. When he smashed the guitar at Nashville that was enough for me. Hated seeing his car all banged up in the garage when the race was still going. Ooops!! Please don't put him behind the mic…… when he retires.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Predictions on Kyle Busch retiring?

Since Gibbs dropped him, I dont think hes enjoying Childress like he did Gibbs. I see him racing this season and maybe next, then retiring from full time driving and running a partial schedule in xfinity to keep sponsors happy on his team.

In this new era, 20 years is a long time for a driver. Most are retiring right around the 20 year mark. That means he is right in that window.

I think fans are losing drivers to pull for. All the big veterans are leaving. Johnson, Gordon, Stewart, JR, Harvick… those are a lot of big names gone. Now if Busch Truex and Denny leave they are left with the new gen drivers that most fans dont resonate with.

Stewart discussed this on Pat Mcafees show. Fans dont connect with the new drivers like they used to. If you want a fan to watch weekly, they have to have a driver that they are a fan of and pulling for.

I can see Kyle walking after next year. He doesnt need the money. Might as well retire while he is still young and continue to help his son race.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I can see Kyle walking after next year. He doesnt need the money. Might as well retire while he is still young and continue to help his son race.
    I figured with his son doing as well as he is and nascar going the way it is he will be on his way out soon. Isnt like he has anything left to accomplish, maybe a track or two he hasnt won at, but with his record im not sure i would care about 1 or 2 tracks

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Woke NASCAR?...

I think it has more to do with Gene Hass only caring about his F1 team and Tony moving on to drag racing and getting ready to start a family. Neither owner was involved much the last few years. That and they simply weren't very competitive anymore. It would have taken a lot of money to get more talent in the cars and garage than they wanted to spend.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I know it has been beaten to death, but it is a discussion that has to happen in Nascar if they want the sport to succeed. Last year was the record for lowest ratings. This year is looking like it may be even lower. Stewart leaving the sport is not a good image either, and if team owners were making money, teams would not be closing left and right. How many teams is this in the last 5 years? 4? 5? There is a reason this is happening, and it needs to be fixed. I love racing, I dont want nascar to fail, i want them to wake the **** up and fix the problem

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I know it has been beaten to death, but it is a discussion that has to happen in Nascar if they want the sport to succeed. Last year was the record for lowest ratings. This year is looking like it may be even lower. Stewart leaving the sport is not a good image either, and if team owners were making money, teams would not be closing left and right. How many teams is this in the last 5 years? 4? 5? There is a reason this is happening, and it needs to be fixed. I love racing, I dont want nascar to fail, i want them to wake the **** up and fix the problem
    Has your post got it's laughing emoji yet, mine does. :rockwoot:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What is crazy, SHR is a championship team… this isnt a back runner thats never in victory lane. This is a team that won championships with Tony and Kevin Harvick. Won the Daytona 500, been in the winners circle multiple times since its beginning.

Furtniture Row won a championship with Truex and shut down that season. If you remember, Truex dominated that season, winning more in that year than that team did in its entire history.

I did a quick search of teams that have shut down in Nascar. Since 2010, there have been 11 teams close its doors.

What nascar doesnt realize is Nascar fans arent like NFL fans. Football fans cheer for a team. That team has a roster that changes annually. Nascar fans are fans of an individual driver. So when a Jeff Gordon fan no longer has that driver to cheer for, that fan may watch occasionally, but his weekly views arent there because he doesnt have his guy on the track to pull for.

A lot of the biggest names are no longer there. Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr (most popular driver), Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick… really big names that have left and the current drivers dont appeal to fans like they did.

Nascars fan base is primarily white males, over 40. Putting a 20 year old rich kid in Jeff Gordons car doesnt appeal to the average fan. Thats a lot of why we have the falling viewership. Add rule changes, new cars that arent as difficult to drive, and stage racing to that, and companies that pay millions of dollars to have their name put on a car no longer sees the need. Youtube is much cheaper to advertise, and has a lot more eyes that will see it. Its a domino effect. Teams are having to settle for a much smaller check from sponsors than they used to…

Kyle Busch is the most winning driver in the field currently. 2 championships. Lost his ride because of sponsorship troubles.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I just can't wait to see what Nascar does for "Pride Month". Anybody know if they're having Bubba's Block Party at Chicago this year? Nascar, so brave , so strong. :gheyhi:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of the biggest names are no longer there. Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr (most popular driver), Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick… really big names that have left and the current drivers dont appeal to fans like they did.
    But IndyCar went through the same thing. IndyCar drivers used to be primarily American drivers. Now they're of all different nationalities. I haven't looked, but wouldn't be surprised to find that American drivers are in the minority now. :dunno:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    But IndyCar went through the same thing. IndyCar drivers used to be primarily American drivers. Now they're of all different nationalities. I haven't looked, but wouldn't be surprised to find that American drivers are in the minority now. :dunno:
    American drivers are definitely in the minority now.

Thats a good point. When I was a kid, indycar was huge. Now their ratings are barely a million. Nascar is heading in the same direction…

The only thing saving Nascar right now is it has no competition. Indycar fans all ended up watching nascar during its boom. If there was another major motorsport in the country, I would bet money most Nascar fans would have switched.

Top Bottom