• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Ya know, I was brought up the same but anymore, the more respect you show to some, the more they :poop: on you.

BA, we are talking about a minor here. Granted, in most cases I have seen him act more adult than quite a few other guys on this site, but he's still a minor. It's his parent's job to look out for his best interests and deal with the people who try to :poop: on him.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The problem is not that the people disrespect the Office of the President, the people do respect office. The problem is that BHO has no respect for the Office of the President. And that is why BHO has become a disgrace to the Office of the President. That is why he should be impeached.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Obama is the CinC of the military, not the country.

He got there and stayed there by winning two popularity contests.

Respect is earned; neither of the above is a reasonable substitute in my book.

Obama has done nothing in his public life to be worthy of my respect.

With each new office holder, the office of the Presidency becomes less worthy of respect.

Unfortunately there is a long train of abuses and usurpations in the history of the office. Would that this were the exception and not the rule; such official respect would then be easier to maintain.

I'm wearing my Nomex today, so have fun.
    :flamethrower:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't understand the "respect the office" thing. That's because I don't understand why anyone thinks having the office of president, especially with all of the power it has accumulated is a good thing. It's not, it never was, and never will be a good thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't. I subscribe to southern model of talkin' straight. If I don't respect you, you'll be well aware. I don't trust people that hide their true thoughts behind smiles and handshakes.

Just noticed this thread...haven't read all the posts yet, but I had to respond to this. You don't have to pretend. You can still interact with people you don't like. You don't have to hide behind smiles and handshakes. Just treat people like you want to be treated. If you don't know how to behave cordially and respectfully to people you don't respect, you may be in the wrong line of work. Just sayin'.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just noticed this thread...haven't read all the posts yet, but I had to respond to this. You don't have to pretend. You can still interact with people you don't like. You don't have to hide behind smiles and handshakes. Just treat people like you want to be treated. If you don't know how to behave cordially and respectfully to people you don't respect, you may be in the wrong line of work. Just sayin'.

To me, respect and politeness/cordiality are two different things.

I can be polite to people for whom I have no respect.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    BA, we are talking about a minor here. Granted, in most cases I have seen him act more adult than quite a few other guys on this site, but he's still a minor. It's his parent's job to look out for his best interests and deal with the people who try to :poop: on him.
    What does this have to do with my post?:dunno:

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    It seems that those in education seem to only demand respect for Democrats. As has been stated earlier, where was the cry for respect when George Bush was in office? Selective respect for the office, based on party?

Top Bottom