• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, I find the situation a bit ironic after listening to the left whine, complain, blame, and disrespect former President Bush for the better part of 8 years. What happened to Pelosi's claim that "dissent is the highest for of patriotism?"

And they we're equally without honor. The left is good about forgetting the stuff they do too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can be respectful without having an ounce of respect/regard/esteem for the individual.

I can't. I subscribe to southern model of talkin' straight. If I don't respect you, you'll be well aware. I don't trust people that hide their true thoughts behind smiles and handshakes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would anyone respect George Bush?

Because, so far as I could tell, he was a man who did what he thought was right. Sure, he was EPIC fail, but I have issue not respecting a guy who was put in a pickle, and was left with a number of hard decisions.

He will has my respect, just not my support. There's a difference.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I don't buy into the "respect the office" thing. I'm not sure how or when it originated, but the idea is contrary to my view of what government should be.

Government is an evil thing by its nature. Some of it may be necessary for a society to remain intact, but we've gone so far beyond what is necessary that what we have no longer resembles anything our founding fathers would have allowed. What should have been a minimal administrative body has become our dictator (and yes I recognize that the American people have allowed this to happen). The fact that the dictator is comprised of many people instead of one king is immaterial.

I do not respect government. Government should be tolerated at best, always suspected, and feared at worst (like now). I respect individuals who earn my respect. I am willing to show a minimal amount to strangers until they demonstrate that they deserve more or less. Holding a government office does not elicit more or less respect from me.

In the case of the president of the United States, it's no different to me. I will not elevate anyone just because they hold that office because the office itself is not a positive thing to me. It's something I have to tolerate and in many cases fear, but it's not worthy of some arbitrary level of respect just for existing.

So no, I don't respect the office. I have in the past respected individuals who held the office because of their behaviors and my perception of them. The current occupant of the office has done more than any in my lifetime to earn my contempt and disrespect. His core beliefs are diametrically opposed to mine and that's irreconcilable.

Someday I may respect another president. I won't respect the office just because it's an expectation that I do so.

All I would add is that there is only one politician who has earned any respect from me and that would be Ron Paul.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Why would anyone respect George Bush?

For the same reason you should respect Obama. No matter what his flaws and downfalls are he was on the ball enough to become the president of the united states. they both have anyone here beat.

Obama is an honest man who is working hard and doing everything he said he would do. He is fundamentally transforming America. He has maintained his core marxist values against all odds. His influence has touched the entire population of the United States and millions beyond our borders. What's not to respect?

Barry Obama has struggled from obscurity to take his place among some of the most influential world leaders, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mow, (you will notice that I exclude Hitler, I don't want to be called racist)

If you don't respect such powerful despots, you will be ground under their boots for underestimating their abilities.

Um... Maybe I am a bit extreme with my respect for Obama by the leaders I compare him to. We won't know for sure if I am wrong for many years. I do know that a man who has accomplished what he has is an opponent to be respected.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I can't. I subscribe to southern model of talkin' straight. If I don't respect you, you'll be well aware. I don't trust people that hide their true thoughts behind smiles and handshakes.

You apparently don't understand the difference between being respectful and slewing caustic words.

But, hey, if you want to be an ass, go for it.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    WTF do you think respectful behavior is?

Have you ever seen Talladega Night's, I simply add "with all due respect sir, i did not know you had experimental surgery to have your balls removed"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Af-Id_fuXFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This is just plain stupid

How many of you actually have a personal relationship with bho?

Right then, OK so nobody knows him as a person then?

So nobody can or can't respect him as a man, only a POTUS...

until he bangs an intern in his oval office that is.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    You'll have to explain this to me. I would assume that you do not respect Obama, because what he has done while in office, correct? If such is the case, "why" do you respect the office?
    If I am incorrect in my assumption, then what has Obama done, while not acting under the color of his office, that would cause you not to respect him?

Someone indicated earlier that respect is "earned." I disagree, everyone is entitled to respect, until they have proven themselves unworthy of it.

My advice, respect the office and the man. If you go on with your life disrespecting (the converse of respect) those you disagree with, then you make the possibility of a compromise to move forward an impossibility.

I respect the title. I respect what the office stands for but I do not respect obama.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I respect the title. I respect what the office stands for but I do not respect obama.

So if he comes to your house and knocks on the door, what do you do? :dunno:

You ask Mr.Obama to stay outside and you let the POTUS come inside?

How do you refer to him if you dont show any respect to him?

Just curious. :popcorn:

obama+door+to+door+iowa+aa.JPG

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    So if he comes to your house and knocks on the door, what do you do? :dunno:

You ask Mr.Obama to stay outside and you let the POTUS come inside?

How do you refer to him if you dont show any respect to him?

Just curious. :popcorn:

obama+door+to+door+iowa+aa.JPG

I respectfully ask him to stay outside.

Top Bottom