• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Well, same douche stole it. Frame was bent the same way, but they figured I'd fix it again so they took the actual sign :xmad: Pitiful. IDK when they did it, I've been taking my pup out about every hour all say (through the night) and just noticed it was gone.

Anyone know where I can get another one?

ETA: Man, I'm PISSED! This is annoying as none other. I mean come on, you can't tolerate political difference so much that you resort to property theft?

That is theft plain and simple:xmad: That kind of thing pi$$es me off!!!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That is theft plain and simple:xmad: That kind of thing pi$ me off!!!

Yep :xmad: IDK if I should call the Bloomington PD to just file something or not though. I mean, what are they gonna do lol? COuld be good to just make a record of it, but IDK.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Yep :xmad: IDK if I should call the Bloomington PD to just file something or not though. I mean, what are they gonna do lol? COuld be good to just make a record of it, but IDK.

I would call so it's on record (even if an officer doesnt come to your location) that way if it continues and you/they catch the douche bag it's all added up into something bigger..

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I just ordered 2 more. I'm not gonna call the PD on this one I don't think. I'm still pretty mad. Anyone got a camera I can borrow or know where to get a REALLY cheap one?

:xmad:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Called the police, they wrote down my info and the woman told me this happens every election cycle and I was the first to call this time. No car cam out, but I expected that really, what would they do lol?

I also changed my order from 2 signs to a bulk pack of 10 and a "Students for McCain" shirt. Donations come to a close soon and figured I could help some :D

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Fishing hooks, super glue.
    Worst case, blood trail with DNA. Best case, captured!
    Maybe okay 50 years ago...nowadays you'll land your ass in jail. Liberal fascists who think it's okay to intimidate conservatives with brownshirt tactics will be the first to report you to the police when their fingers are lying in your lawn. You'll be in jail with a lawsuit on your hands real quick.

What you can do is talk to the cops, the local media and the local McCain and Obama campaign offices to get this stuff to quit. If I was on the Obama campaign, I'd be quick to put the word out..."cut it out!" If I was on the McCain campaign, I'd be yelling my head off about "intimidation!"

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Maybe okay 50 years ago...nowadays you'll land your ass in jail. Liberal fascists who think it's okay to intimidate conservatives with brownshirt tactics will be the first to report you to the police when their fingers are lying in your lawn. You'll be in jail with a lawsuit on your hands real quick.

What you can do is talk to the cops, the local media and the local McCain and Obama campaign offices to get this stuff to quit. If I was on the Obama campaign, I'd be quick to put the word out..."cut it out!" If I was on the McCain campaign, I'd be yelling my head off about "intimidation!"

Thanks, that's actually a great idea to contact them too, never even thought about that :dunno:

I sent this to Obama, and will send out a form of this to McCain and some papers, might wait for a response to see what they say.
    To whom it may concern:

My name is Nathan, and I live in Bloomington, IN. I am a student at Indiana University. Over the past week, I have been experiencing a problem that I would just like to address with you. Over the past 5 days, someone has destroyed/taken my McCain lawn sign from in front of my home twice. I know it is not your fault, but I thought I would bring it to your attention that your supporters are destroying other people's property for having different political leanings. They are directly infringing upon my 1st amendment rights and destroying my property. I thank you for taking the time to read this and hope that your campaign reinforces the fact that all Americans have a right to express themselves as they please.

Thank you,
    Nathan

Last edited:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Thanks, that's actually a great idea to contact them too, never even thought about that :dunno:

I sent this to Obama, and will send out a form of this to McCain and some papers, might wait for a response to see what they say.

Excellent, and sober, letter. Prehaps a letter to editor of your local paper, written in the same, sane tone would be a good follow up.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Put up this sign instead.

3bl3t.jpg

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Excellent, and sober, letter. Prehaps a letter to editor of your local paper, written in the same, sane tone would be a good follow up.

Wait, so my Letter to McCain isn't good?:
    TEH OMBAMABOTS IZZZ STEALING MY STUFFFZZZ!!!!

:D LOL

I think I'm gonna wait to see how Obama responds. That way when I write the paper and McCain I can say Obama's doing/not doing this.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Claymores anyone?:dunno:

I kid, I kid . . . kinda.:D

Down here, I've hardly seen anything sign or bumper sticker-wise, most of it is all local stuff (sheriff, tax collector, etc.).

They do deserve it :)

Yeah, last time I was in Sarasota there were a crazy amount of local signs. It seemed like every corner was a enormous sheriff sign and a bunch of local lawn signs. I've got like 3 bumperstickers, but no car lol

:patriot:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    After all 10 of your signs have been stolen, you should put up a sign saying:

"THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A 'McCAIN 08' SIGN.

SOME FASCIST, LIBERAL DOUCHEBAGS DECIDED THE 1st AMENDMENT DIDN'T APPLY TO ME, AND STOLE MY LAST ONE."

Top Bottom