• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I think fort liberty is awful. I do not post a ton and I do not buy a lot of guns from gun stores. That being said I was in fort liberty a couple of years ago and an active duty military member was selling an AR 15 because he needed money. He was leaving to head to Iraq I believe. They offered him like 450 or 500 bucks. It was not in awful shape but at the time ARs were hard to find. They had the gun sold before he brought it in in that market and likely for $900+. T
    I thought it was awful that they were taking advantage of him. I told the soldier I thought they were screwing him and left. Have not been back. Will not go back. Would never recommend them.

There are things more important than 10 or 20 bucks price for a gun. I would pay more rather than give Ft. liberty my money.

My :twocents:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I want to offer a sincere apology to chasekerion4. PM me and I will speak to you personally or get you in touch with the owner. I was not personally here to hear the conversation but remember there are two sides to every story. I know it's no excuse for poor customer service but maybe the employee was just having a bad day and was tired of being raked over the coals for $20.00 I'm no saint myself and am certainly guilty of not delivering excellent CS sometimes.
    Everyone that works here at Ft Liberty has a vested interest in selling guns to keep the shop open. No sales= no shop= no paycheck so rest assured that it was an isolated incident and we remain committed to selling firearms to the community at a fair price.
    Now on to the Bob issue. We would have and will match his prices to the best of our ability. We have personally known him for years and have a "friendly" competition with him. Sometimes we can get stuff in and beat his prices, other times we can't. We have no issue sending people to him if we can't get a gun in. Please don't hesitate to come back and we us

Thanks,
    James

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I think fort liberty is awful. I do not post a ton and I do not buy a lot of guns from gun stores. That being said I was in fort liberty a couple of years ago and an active duty military member was selling an AR 15 because he needed money. He was leaving to head to Iraq I believe. They offered him like 450 or 500 bucks. It was not in awful shape but at the time ARs were hard to find. They had the gun sold before he brought it in in that market and likely for $900+. T
    I thought it was awful that they were taking advantage of him. I told the soldier I thought they were screwing him and left. Have not been back. Will not go back. Would never recommend them.

There are things more important than 10 or 20 bucks price for a gun. I would pay more rather than give Ft. liberty my money.

There has been an ownership change since then and I think you will be happy to see some of the new faces working there

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    OP, I don't think you have a right to be pissed off that he doesn't want to sell at your price.

In a free economy, the transaction is mutually agreed upon.

This sort of mindset - where vendors OUGHT to match the price of their competitors, is the precursor to the kind of emotions that make people petition their governments for price controls or "unfair business practices".

The guy had the only gun of that kind at the entire gun show. Bob didn't have it. That convenience comes at a price, and there is absolutely nothing unfair about what he's doing. What would be unfair would be demanding that he sell it at your price.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I had a guy call the shop earlier this week and ask what I would charge to replace the engine in his car with one that he had already purchased from a salvage yard. I checked the labor guide and told him $600. His response was that he could get it done somewhere else for $400. I told him that if someone else will do it for $400 then take it to them. He called back yesterday and scheduled to have me do it for $600. Just goes to show you from a business perspective, that just because a customer says they can get it cheaper elsewhere, they may just be trying to trick you into a cheaper price.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I think people that are not involved in business transactions and running businesses have a hard time understanding the whole pricing paradigm. Sometimes people can do it for less. Sometimes you're paying for more than just an item - like service or convenience. All that has a price. A bag of ice in the middle of the Sahara is more expensive than one in Alaska. Going to the guy that decided to set up an ice shop in the Sahara and demanding he sell at an Alaskan price is just not fair to the Sahara vendor. Service. Convenience.

Any ways, it sounds like the OP is getting a very kind setup from the vendor after all. That's class. Even when somebody runs out to the internet to complain (which is their right), they came through and lowered that price. Good on ya.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Not trying to be rude but if you were offended at the guy, why didnt you just tell him that he was being rude right then and there. You could have taken a humorous tone and told him how he was being ridiculous. You could have told him he was being a pain to his face.

I dont know how everything went down but it seems a bit ridiculous to for you to squabble about 20 bucks on a gun that was scarce at the gunshow and then not say anything to the guy who you thought was rude, and then come vent on the internet like your on your cycle.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Not trying to be rude but if you were offended at the guy, why didnt you just tell him that he was being rude right then and there. You could have taken a humorous tone and told him how he was being ridiculous. You could have told him he was being a pain to his face.

I dont know how everything went down but it seems a bit ridiculous to for you to squabble about 20 bucks on a gun that was scarce at the gunshow and then not say anything to the guy who you thought was rude, and then come vent on the internet like your on your cycle.

people need to quit being afraid to speak their mind to strangers...

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010

Wow, so apparently, you don't go to the 1500 or look for the best price. I mean, you question a store about their buying practices then pay whatever price they are asking no matter how high it is right?

If you don't do that, then I guess you are saying that Ft. Liberty should have made a donation to the guy since you would not have bought the gun if it was overpriced.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    To the OP, it is called capitalism.

1. If you don't like his price, go somewhere else.
    2. If you don't like his attitude, go somewhere else.
    3. If you don't like that he had to remind you about #1, go somewhere else.
    4. If all things considered, you are comfortable buy, give him your money.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Well irregardless of what transpired, the owner has stepped up to the plate and extended the proverbial olive branch. Kudo's for that. It also shows that INGO forums do carry some influence and that people due pay attention. We should be thankful for that.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    First of all, let me commend FL for posting on the thread and trying to rectify the situation with the OP :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

on a side note, and with no ill opinions of ANY local dealers.....still prefer to make most of my purchases online...I get exactly what I want and it's cheaper....yes, even after shipping/transfer.....if/when this new Indiana online sales taxing law comes into effect, my mind might change and the local shops will see me much more often...but until then...$20 saved is $20 to spend elsewhere...why pay more for the exact same thing

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Thanks for the kind replies guys. We are certainly open to critisizim and feedback. All that we ask is that you come to us first so we can make it right. Trust me, we are big boys and can handle the truth.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Don't blame you one bit. That's no way to respond to a customer. All he had to say was a simple no, this is my lowest price I will take. After that comment I would not buy from them if they turned around and offered it for 10.00 less than another shop. Customer service means alot to me and I don't put up with rude comments from people where I could be spending my money. Not the first I have heard about rudeness from this shop. Never been there nor do I intend to go based on this post or others like it.
    I don't like being talked rudely to at a store either. There is one gun store in town that I do not go to anymore because they talk to you like your some kind of moron asking if they have a particular item that they think is no good. Its like only their stuff is worth buying and how dare you ask if they carry or could order you something. I would rather have my customer leave with the idea of coming back myself. :twocents:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Thanks for the kind replies guys. We are certainly open to critisizim and feedback. All that we ask is that you come to us first so we can make it right. Trust me, we are big boys and can handle the truth.

I was there today and felt slighted........... I want that Glock 22, but only if you take and additional 25% off.
    Guy at another table said he would do that.

I'll be waiting for my coupon.

bwaahhahaahaahahahahaa!!!!

Top Bottom