My best gun buy so far. Unbelievable!! Whats your best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    Mine is the "turkey" version. Blonde wood stocks, 21" barrel. I don't generally do a lot of customization on my guns. About the only change I'm thinking of making is adding a night sight.

Trijicons...my buddy has a set on his Glock 27, and I would just LOVE to have something like those on a multi use shotty.

ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    a French Darne V19 16g SxS (look it up). Bought it from an online listing of a gun dealer in Texas for $2400 - he had no idea of what he had or it's value. I had him send me several photos when he shipped it to me. I posted the photos on a high end/double barrel shotgun site classified ad page and had it sold for $6200 before it even arrived here in Indy. :)

Here is a pic that he sent me (that I sold it with): I still smile when I see it! Interesting note about these guns... see the "candy-striping on the triggers? That was done with ribbons of bluing. The manufacturer recommended that when the blued "ribbons" wore off - it was time to have the gun serviced by Darne. This gun was manufactured in the the 1940's - you can see what incredible shape this gun was in. Darne's also are not stamped with any sort of model number - so figuring out what you have takes a bit of an education. The inside of the receiver is stamped with a number of French cartouches - you add 10 to the number of stamps you see and that is the model. Mine had nine (+10) = V19model.

Darne07_zps4d96922d.jpg

Last edited:

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    back in the Galyan's days i ordered a .40 baby eagle, paid in full, i think it was around $400. a couple of weeks later they called and canceled the order and said they could not get it and please come back and get my money. so i did.
    six or so weeks later they called me back and said my gun came in and get it since it was already paid off (they already gave me back the full amount, in cash), so i showed up, filled out paperwork, had to ask for some manager lady (i do not remember her name), she came out of the back and handed me the new .40 baby eagle sealed in a box and said have a nice day. i bought 2 boxed of ammo( i think it was black talons) and left with a free gun.
    i will never forget that one.
    a friend of mine who i sold it to, she still has it.
    still strikes me as strange and some sort of good luck.

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    Not counting free guns I would have to say S&W 28 no dash for $275 or Remmy 597 for $80 (I originally purchased it for $100, sold it for $120 and re purchased for $80 or stainless target Ruger Mk2 stainless for $120 or 10/22 including 2 gun metal hardcase and drill press.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Browning HI-Power practical 9mm for $475 on armslist. Was going to talk him down but just couldn't do it. Damn conscience!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Winchester m1 carbine, mint, type 3 (Adjustable rear sight but no bayonet lug or flip safety)made in June 1944. My grandad wanted a Ruger P89 9mm and said if I found one he would trade me. I talked myself blue in the face telling him that was unfair, as the Winchester was worth substantially more. He kept ignoring me and I kept saying it. He finally got tired of hearing it and gave me the reciept for the Winchester from the NRA and said, "The way I am seeing it is that I am getting a $300 pistol for $20, so quit moaning about taking advantage of an old man and take this damn carbine." Touche' Papaw...Touche'...

He was a pilot in the USMC 1940-1945 VF222 and is a tough cookie. I thanked him and it remains one of my most prized possesions. It was shipped to him for $17.50 plus $2.50 S&H in 1961 via railway from the Ogden arsenal. It was unissued..Ah for a time machine...:D

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    M1 carbine, general motors, 3/44 with orig sling and oiler. Also had about 9 mags. $165

M95 Styer. Nice, numbers matching with some ammo and some clips for $70 from a guy with a Mohawk in Terre Haute

M1917 in 30-06. Sporterized but using the orig wood and very beautiful, $150

And the latest, a Nazi marked, numbers matching K98 Mauser sporterized. Traded some parts that I had less then $30 in. It needs a little work but taking it back to original.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Spanish mauser for 50.00 then flipped it for 250.00.

Yougo 59/66 unissued 200.00 and flipped it real quick for 300.00.

Store going out of business 870 20ga express magnum 200.00 and turned it to a friend for the same.

Henry golden boy 22lr 299.00 out the door traded it and a fifty for a new 10/22 target that I still have.

Just to name a few.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A low wall falling block Winchester in .25-20 in great shape for $50 and the guy threw in a 1943 dated 16" US bayonet and cloth scabbard !!

This was after I bought 10 boxes of .44 mag., 10 boxes of .44 special and 15 boxes of .357 for 2.50 a box of 50....

It was a good night !!

Top Bottom