My best gun buy so far. Unbelievable!! Whats your best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Russian Margolin 22 Olympic target pistol for a little less than $500 at Cabelas.

Goes for 800+ with box.

margolin1uc5.jpg

bubajoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Savage .17 with Tasco scope from Dicks for $150 out the door. The Bushy scope that sits on the gun cost way more than the rifle itself.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    In 1992, a nickled COLT DS for $175 in a pawn shop. The cylinder did not turn well, so I got it cheap. I bent the ejection rod back a little in the parking lot and it turned smooth again.

In 2006, a COLT Mustang Pocketlite with the original box, papers, extra mag and case for $250.00

Best trade - I found an old Marlin 1893 Lever in 38/40 on my wife's family farm in the stove room. I took it apart and it was clean but had a busted mainspring. It had bleen sitting broken under the davenport for 30 years. I traded my father in law a 2500 Lb- rated steel pulley for the rifle and a box of shells. I had bought the pulley at a yard sale for $5.00. Guttridge gunsmith made a new spring for $60.00 and it worked great!

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    my recent cheap buys were a mossberg 500 cammo $100 yard sale buy and $125 for a amt lightning 25/22
    Ive gotten good deals on better guns also more money . I alwas look at gun as an investment when buying , i just never sell .

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    That I don't have anymore...$300 for a S&W 15-3 that didn't even have a cylinder ring on it.
    That I still have...$475 for a S&W M&P40 with three mags, night sights.

Best deal ever I got was from two guys on GlockTalk for custom holsters...two hybrid kydex/leather MTAC type holsters for $50 each and two Raven Phantom type kydex holsters for $60 each. Great CS too.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Oh yeah! I have a better one.

I bought a NIB Remington 870 Express 12 gauge (3" chamber) for $220 back in 2008. The Dunham's store in Kokomo wanted to get rid of them, I guess. I was glad to help them out. :D

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    Oh yeah! I have a better one.

I bought a NIB Remington 870 Express 12 gauge (3" chamber) for $220 back in 2008. The Dunham's store in Kokomo wanted to get rid of them, I guess. I was glad to help them out. :D

Nice...I was happy to give $225 for mine. It's a terrific platform to go a million different directions for me. I can lay it by the bedside with an 18" barrel, or throw something choked on it and shoot clays with the guys on base.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Nice...I was happy to give $225 for mine. It's a terrific platform to go a million different directions for me. I can lay it by the bedside with an 18" barrel, or throw something choked on it and shoot clays with the guys on base.

Yeah, reading yours reminded me of how well I did on mine. :) I tend to forget about that one because it's not a part of my trading.
    I like to try new guns all the time, and I don't have a ton of money yet, so I have to trade off the old to get new stuff. That 870, though, isn't going anywhere. Every other shotgun I've ever picked up gets judged by its standard, and none have beaten it yet.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Nickle plated Colt Python all original for free, That was the best value I have ever had. It was given to me by a friend, that always knew I wanted it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    $25 a few years back for the first CZ-52 I ever had, kid at work didn't want it because ammo was too hard to find (didn't have it at Wal-Mart).

Turned around a few months ago and unloaded it and 3 or 4 others I picked up anywhere from 175-200 each...

My dad picked up from a coworker one of the old octagonal barreled Winchester pump .22 shorts for $50, all original except the screw that holds the pump on appears to have been replaced... Gun Traders Guide had it for over $700....

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    Yeah, reading yours reminded me of how well I did on mine. :) I tend to forget about that one because it's not a part of my trading.

Ya, mine is staying put indefinitely. I'm in the market for an LE style upward folding stock, or an LE style wood foregrip if you have any suggestions. How is yours set up? I'm stationed in WA state and can keep my ear to the ground on parts here if you're looking.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Ya, mine is staying put indefinitely. I'm in the market for an LE style upward folding stock, or an LE style wood foregrip if you have any suggestions. How is yours set up? I'm stationed in WA state and can keep my ear to the ground on parts here if you're looking.

Mine is the "turkey" version. Blonde wood stocks, 21" barrel. I don't generally do a lot of customization on my guns. About the only change I'm thinking of making is adding a night sight.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I picked up a marlin model 60 for $45 at a garage sale. It was in great shape, and shoots great. Wood stock with a boy scouts medallion in the stock.

Top Bottom