My best gun buy so far. Unbelievable!! Whats your best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Bought a Glenfield Mod 60 at a yard sale this summer for $33. Don't ask me why, but $33.00 Gun didn't cycle, but I took it home, oiled it, took it apart, cleaned it, took it to the range, and now it runs just fine.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Not counting the amazing collection I inherited from my father.

A Budapest M95 Stutzen for $111, a 1943 Enfield Model 2 Mark I** Revolver for $205, a 1944 M44 for $115 and a Savage Enfield No 4 Mark I* for $195 are among my best scores in the last couple of years. All of those were from the Gunbroker site.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    norinco mak 90 for $125.00 at holt rd show from some guy walking in the front door. i gave him the cash and he told me he had some stuff in his car that goes with it if i wanted it. he gave me the box, oil bottle, sling, w/ 5rd,30rd x2, and chineese 75 rd drum. man i felt bad for a while but i soon got over it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    500.00 for a early production Springfield M1A..thanks Bryce C. Or 100.00 for a Bushmaster Patrolman complete with Eotec, taken out of service after a PD upgrade to better rifles.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Winchester m1 carbine, mint, type 3 (Adjustable rear sight but no bayonet lug or flip safety)made in June 1944. My grandad wanted a Ruger P89 9mm and said if I found one he would trade me. I talked myself blue in the face telling him that was unfair, as the Winchester was worth substantially more. He kept ignoring me and I kept saying it. He finally got tired of hearing it and gave me the reciept for the Winchester from the NRA and said, "The way I am seeing it is that I am getting a $300 pistol for $20, so quit moaning about taking advantage of an old man and take this damn carbine." Touche' Papaw...Touche'...

He was a pilot in the USMC 1940-1945 VF222 and is a tough cookie. I thanked him and it remains one of my most prized possesions. It was shipped to him for $17.50 plus $2.50 S&H in 1961 via railway from the Ogden arsenal. It was unissued..Ah for a time machine...:D

Great story!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All of the military pieces I was given by my uncles. All had seen service...all were in excellent working order as my uncles were finishing there service in the armory's.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When a distributor messed up an order for a Colt SBR, as a consolation for the delay, they sold me a Colt 6450 (9mm) for $800.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Not mine but my fathers...he bought a home near mine about ten years ago. A few years later he was having heating and air duct work reworked. One morning when the work crew had just started working one two of them came upstairs. They handed by dad a old brown paper bag saying they had found it on top of the basement ducting. Inside the paper bag was a Colt 1911A1,loaded magazine all in a tan WW II Boyd holster. A 98% gun I might add. My dad had never seen the gun. The guy that built the home was a old WW II veteran. We think he had placed the pistol there for whatever reason and was there when he passed away. I assume other family knew it was there.

A stolen check came back negative. True story guys on a very nice gun. BTW- he gave both workers 50.00 a piece for their honesty. They could have easily kept it.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Dang, I've got to learn to play the game right, you guys have made some great buys. I sold a rifle this Spring and could have easily doubled my money if I had waited 7 months, errrrrrrrrrrrr. I was not keeping up with the recent price increases over the last few years,but in light of recent events I've learned from my mistakes, never again!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I sold 1 ar-15 with 2 pmags for the unbelievable price of $25,000!!! Can you believe that!!!??? What a maroon. :laugh:

Just kidding........:)........I wish though.........:D...........:yesway:

Top Bottom