• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    So I'm thinking I may try an AFG or AFG2 on the SBR and see how I like it. I wasn't a fan on my 16" gun. Anyone got one lying around?

Or I also thought about a handstop setup. I like what LaRue offers.

LaRue Tactical HandStop 2-Piece Set | LaRue Tactical

What about this?

Impact Weapons Components

I have the tube version; here's a pic if it mounted on my 18" but it's currently on my 300BLK but I don't have any pics. I'm using it more as an index/barrier stop.

DSCF0923.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've got one. I promptly took it off post installation. It's all yours. Pm me.

I do. Hit me up and we can meet up and you can run it for awhile.

I got a BLK and FDE AFG2 if you want to try it out, it will be a while before ill get to use it..

First, you guys are all awesome. :yesway:

Doug, you're probably closest to me so I'll shoot you a PM.

Stacey I'll let you know if I try it and like it.

How's about this one? Read the description and see if it's more what you're looking for regardless of the name.
    Gear, Training, Consulting, & Necessary Evils

Its interesting. Looks like a quality made piece.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Doug, you're probably closest to me so I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks to MontereyC6 for dropping off his black AFG2.

I mounted it up and I've got to say-- I like it more than I remember liking my old AFG1.

I mounted it as far forward as the rail would allow. I also moved my Thorntail mount back a few slots. This puts the light lens right in line with the comp, so I'll have to test fire and see if its far enough out.

Doing this, however, put everything in a nice comfortable position that allows me to index my offhand thumb between my light and front sight.

Can't wait to shoot it.

2w1zhoj.jpg

2po5es2.jpg

2dbouo8.jpg

2ujm3dg.jpg

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Let me just say:

:thatshot:

After letting Tiffany hold this bad boy...I'm going to be getting into the SBR world. It fit her like a glove, it wasn't heavy for her, she looked great aiming it, and I know she would be great shooting it!

My only problem is she wants PINK, and I'm not doing that to an AR that I'll be shooting too! Now a 10-22 for her is a different story lol.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My only problem is she wants PINK, and I'm not doing that to an AR that I'll be shooting too! Now a 10-22 for her is a different story lol.

Easy solution-- daddy/daughter uppers on a single registered lower. :rockwoot:

You build your 5.56 to your liking, and then build her a dedicated .22 short upper with a pink anodized rail. :yesway:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Easy solution-- daddy/daughter uppers on a single registered lower. :rockwoot:

You build your 5.56 to your liking, and then build her a dedicated .22 short upper with a pink anodized rail. :yesway:

You sir are EVIL :xmad: I can't let her read anything from you now! Rayne was right!

Why a .22 for her though? She can handle the .223 as we have seen!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why a .22 for her though? She can handle the .223 as we have seen!

A few reasons--

Its nice to have another caliber in the stable-- especially when its so much cheaper to shoot.

Sure she can handle .223, but what about when she wants to start moving around while shooting offhand? The .22 will allow her the joy the shooting while still maintaining the fundamentals of shooting.

It would make one heck of a future suppressor host. ;)

She can shoot lots of rounds and shoot them fast without breaking your bank.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    A few reasons--

Its nice to have another caliber in the stable-- especially when its so much cheaper to shoot.

Sure she can handle .223, but what about when she wants to start moving around while shooting offhand? The .22 will allow her the joy the shooting while still maintaining the fundamentals of shooting.

It would make one heck of a future suppressor host. ;)

She can shoot lots of rounds and shoot them fast without breaking your bank.

:lmfao:

Sounds like a good reason right there.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ryan how's your build coming?
    lol funny you ask my father just asked me tonight also. Im staring at the form 1 now its still in the pistol form. Im what you call a precastinator. I planned to get it by july 1 but this little guy threw us in a loop hole
    e9ecf5e2.jpg
    he was born on tuesday. I need to get my butt in gear and get it done. Im still looking for an aimpoint micro in 2 moa on arf.com. So pretty much its a work in process. :D

Top Bottom