• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I will pay my parking fee so I can get parked right next to the gangster apartments in the highest murder rate area in Indiana per 2 mile square.

I will use my dollar off coupon at the door and pay to much extra to get in. The cop will order me to remove my handgun and very roughly stuff a plastic wire tie down the barrel
    rendering me a human being and not the god that mr colt created.

I will look at all the tactical crap I don't really care for, The blow guns, rubber band guns, coins, fake pieces of space junk, overpriced used stuff, overpriced plastic stuff, Camo pants and shirts with bullet proof fabric, and the guys with raffle tickets the book on how to do this and that and other things I don't think should be at a gun show. No offense but that is stuff for a flea market not a gun show.

Walk quickly passed the un-showered. Quicker passed the guy in the purple dress and even quicker passed the $2.50 small cup of coffee at the corner of the show.

Talk to the glock doc about my night sights starting to fade out. Look very hard at the Johnson safe companies offerings, Jeff get ready, Everybody needs a bigger Johnson. Get my chamber flags at the INGO table. All good things that I love to do but should most likely do outside a gun show.

Look at the rest of the stuff that makes me drool or throw up. See what cheap crap so many of the gun makers are putting out this year and wish I could be transferred in time to the 1980's with a little bit of cash on hand.

Leave with my INGO chamber flags and most likely nothing else (They most likely will not have Winchester or CCI large magnum pistol primers) spending 3 to park 8 to get in maybe 9 and 12 dollars for 10 plastic flags. So in all reality I will spend 24 dollars on 10 plastic chamber flags or 2.40 each. The flags are great at a good price not putting down the flags.

I will again forget to bring in a pair of snips to cut the wire tie off the end of my pistol making me a walking target in the parking lot. Walk to the car and hope the windows are not bashed out and look over my shoulder for the thugs and people wearing black hoodie jackets in 90 degree weather.

Wave my flags at the parking lot people that took my money told me where to park and then do nothing to account for my safe passage into or out of show or my car while there.

Stop at white castle for a cup of coffee under a dollar.

Most importantly I will get to spend time with fellow gun nuts and share some quality time talking to people like me at the show who pay money to get in and wade through the people to find high prices and hassles. leave happy yet a little disturbed,

Get home and the wife will be please another gun is not in my hands but will ask how much I spent of the 10 little plastic flags. When I say 24 dollars she will be off to wal mart and the wal mart battle will start all over again. (She says "I don't know why he goes to that show and never buy's anything and spends so much money to get in and park and then has me buy ammo every-time I go to wal mart.") I will just smile. I know wal mar t is evil just convincing the wife.

End of rant and sarcasm.

Man, that's a summary of the last two 1500s I've gone to.

I think I'll go to my room and cry now... :crying:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I will pay my parking fee so I can get parked right next to the gangster apartments in the highest murder rate area in Indiana per 2 mile square.

I will look at all the tactical crap I don't really care for, The blow guns, rubber band guns, coins, fake pieces of space junk, overpriced used stuff, overpriced plastic stuff, Camo pants and shirts with bullet proof fabric, and the guys with raffle tickets the book on how to do this and that and other things I don't think

Tried to rep you for this, but I apparently have to spread it around first.

lol
    (but all too true)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've really gotta agree with jmariott, which is why it really irritates me every time I go. I like to see fellow INGOers when I go. Since I so rarely get to any other functions because of my insane work schedule, it's about the only time I get a chance.

Also, I greatly prefer to patronize local businesses (especially INGO supporters). Lately, prices I've seen on "normal" things (guns/ammo) at the 1500 have been no better than prices locally, so for sure I'd buy locally on those. Time was, that you could get ammo a LOT cheaper at the 1500, but that hasn't been the case for years. Now ammo at the 1500 is 10-20% more than what you can get at Bradis. Again, the only advantage at the 1500 is
    variety.

The main advantage that the 1500 has over local dealers is the availability and variety of low priced odds and ends (scope rails, cleaning supplies, parts and accessories), that usually are nearly impossible to find locally, and then not all in one place if you can find them at all. However, as jmariott rightfully pointed out, by the time you pay parking and and entrance fee, it makes the odds and ends rather expensive (like the $2.40 chamber flags). Unless you plan on buying a LOT of stuff, it's really not worth it financially.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping my 709 slim is returned fixed from Taurus by then. Then I'll take it and some cash and trade it for an M&P 9c. And maybe some more INGO flags for the next NW Indiana Meet and Shoot. And maybe some spare USGI slings if I can find any.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't get to go I don't have a car. I hate life right now.

Dude,

Not sure if you were serious about hating life, but I can guarantee you it is better than the alternative! I bet a fellow :ingo:er would be willing to link up and provide wheels. You pay parking and he pays gas. Could be an enjoyable day.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I know we all bash the 1500 from time to time, but really there are some deals. If you are looking for a new holster there are hundreds of them to try out. Usually a large assortment of knifes. Guns that range from the old to new, cheap to the very expensive stuff. Ammo is plentiful and usually alot of weird calibers are represented. Then there are the people who bring their personnal guns to sell, alot of good deals are walking around. It is crowded and hard to get everything you went for, but there are some deals there but you must be willing to look around for them.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    JMHO, but those of you that want to buy .22 ammo, the prices at the 1500, are OUTRAGEOUS !!!!! Unless, you are looking for something specific, go to Wally World, and just buy the 550 packs, for about $19.95
    ..... :twocents:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I always go with certain items in mind but with so much there that goes out the window fast ,I usually am looking for mags but end up with another firearm. If I make it this time around AK-74 mags & maybe some other goodies for it & p-mags for my AR . My youngest starts at IU the 25th & dont know if Ill make the 4 hr round trip but I do get bored on sundays pretty easy.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I gripe and cuss about crowds, fees, and other things....... and say I'm not going back. But I usually always go back....

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know we all bash the 1500 from time to time, but really there are some deals. If you are looking for a new holster there are hundreds of them to try out. Usually a large assortment of knifes. Guns that range from the old to new, cheap to the very expensive stuff. Ammo is plentiful and usually alot of weird calibers are represented. Then there are the people who bring their personnal guns to sell, alot of good deals are walking around. It is crowded and hard to get everything you went for, but there are some deals there but you must be willing to look around for them.

I appreciate your positive point of view. There are good things at the 1500, but for me there are not enough to justify the cost or the irritations. You all have a good time. I will be throwing some lead down range and zeroing in my Ruger 10/22 with Barska 3x9 32 scope, and then chilling with my best friend (my wife) at home. Now that is a great day!;)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Yup. There are some deals if you look for them. Especially with private sales. I've gotten a couple of good deals in the past, and given good deals on guns I was selling.

Regarding holsters, there are a lot of them, but it's annoying to me to try to find one that fits a pistol that has a big twist tie through it screwing up the profile.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I have noticed it has not been as crowded this year like it was last year. I guess lots of people have stopped coming saying it was too crowded. I guess you should just go and find out for yourself. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hope to meet some more INGOers at the 1500. Anyway, I do hope to pass a few dollars in the direction of some of the INGO supporters.

Top Bottom