Not open for further replies.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    NWI MSG

Posted in SHTF section about NWI MSG. Seems to have gotten decent response in short time. Looking to get something together/involved in Laporte/Porter/Starke/St Joe county Area.

Myself am located in Laporte County just 20 minutes away from Lake Michigan. A few people have tagged the NWI MSG post. Interested - post and maybe something will come out of it.

Looking forward to a close and local network of like minded people for friends and just in case.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    msgareas.jpg

Looking at this again, it's almost as though we need to either draw a single line straight down the center of each area, or divide each area up into thirds. On a map it doesn't look bad, but in life, if I have to go from Allen County to Lake County A.) I'm not going to make a 6 hr drive for a meeting and B.) if someone really does need help, that's a long ways off.

It's almost as though this needs to be divided up amongst Area 1 West, Area 1 East, or if we go thirds you could add an Area 1 West, Area 1 Central, or Area 1 East.

I'm not trying to rock the boat the tell anyone how to do anything. More so just throwing out an idea to see what people think of it. If these groups are going to be meeting up regularly it may be easier to get more people involved if the meetings are closer to home and not across the state. Any thoughts on that idea?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    We are already talking about dividing up in MSG2. Really meetings serve 3 purposes, skill building, socializing, networking.

Small local groups can't be forced on anyone. They have to grow organically, in order for trust to build between its members.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    I'd like to participate. Any thoughts on putting together a meet and shoot at Hillside Shooting range near Fort Wayne?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Ok, I have been mulling this idea over and given the current concerns about the economy, etc., I thought it would be good to roll out here and for consideration:

INGO Area Mutual Support Groups

Purpose: To facilitate and promote skills, materials and communications between individuals in a local area with the intent of a mutual response to a short or long term crisis.

Organization: None beyond a phone list and a commitment to helping others and accepting other's help as needs be. No central leadership, no uniforms, no ranks, this is not a militia.

Meetings: Gather once a month for a dinner and planning/training session. Individuals take turns to lead a session in an area of their experience/expertise or simply in something they have researched (if no-one has other training). Organizing to go as a group to CPR classes or other professional training would even be better.

Activities: Camping trips, hikes, trips to the range, and so forth. Members who have can help those who do not. Better yet, trips to bulk food stores to stock up on supplies or other suppliers of emergency materials.

Intent: To make sure that people in the same area are as possible, and to continually increase that preparedness. Additionally, to have contact capabilities between area members so that when the power lines go down and INGO goes dead, we are not a bunch of individuals sitting alone in the dark. For those who would bug out, let's work together to make that a better possibility. For those who would have to bug in, let us make sure we can coordinate efforts to mutual support possible.

To be clear, this is not militia training in the sense of small and large unit military training. This is neighbors banding together to help make our community ready if a disaster were to happen. Furthermore, this should all be fun!

As a way to move forward with this, anyone in Monroe County or a surrounding county who is interested, PM me. I think the best way to do this is to find out who is interested and start with a picnic and a few trips to the range (I can only take one person at a time - yes this means you Nate).

Let me know!
    Techres

P.S. Yes, I went with MSG because I likes my msg... :):

12/31/08 UPDATE:

Since people have shown interest in MSG's it would make sense to have some structure to help things along. How about we break the map up into 4 areas (or more as the case needs)? Lets try this to begin with, unless someone has something better:

msgareas.jpg

I know that Silentwarrior has go the ball rolling up his way (Area 2). There is a core already started down here in Bloomington in Area 3 and we hope to do some get together's before long. Area 1 and 4, who knows?

If you are interested, post your username and area and what you can teach/do and lets start up some groupings!

01/07/09 UPDATE:

A brief listing of people interested by Area & County:

Area 1 (Coordinators ?):

Mr.Hoppes, Elkhart
    Bob Wyre, Allen
    turnandshoot4, Jasper
    TomN, Saint Joseph
    Jeremiah, Noble
    Sgt 1371, Laporte
    Cwood, Marshall
    Warwagon, Clark
    C.H.U.D., Elkhart Co
    cmax01, Elkhart
    GhostofWinter, Lake Station
    porkpie, Noble
    Gritch, Porter County
    mikea46996, Pulaski Co.
    CulpeperMM, Ft. Wayne
    Sailor, unknown

Area 2 (Coordinators - SilentWarrior1?):

jrb466, Marion
    Flintlock, Marion
    gage, Marion
    SilentWarrior1, Hendricks
    Disposable Heart, Hendricks
    SavageEagle, Hendricks
    AllenM, Hendricks
    IndyBeerman, Hendricks
    Electronrider, Tippecanoe
    USMC_0311, Madison
    zimzum, Madison
    Royal-1, Hamilton
    mconley, Morgan
    Jay, Grant
    longbow, (family in Noblesvile)
    infidel, Montgomery
    RTDoug, Madison, Delaware, Henry county
    El Cazador, Hendricks
    pierce195, Henry
    schwaky18, delaware/marion
    swatdoc, Franklin?
    ATF Consumer, Marion
    zimzum
    hotfarmboy1
    Beau

Area 3 (Coordinator - longbow):

techres, Monroe
    bwframe, Monroe
    NateIU10, Monroe
    SoundslikeJosh, Monroe
    Stevenlong8, Monroe
    tyler34, Monroe
    Panama, Monroe
    Dr Falken, Monroe
    stormryder, Ripley
    longbow, Brown
    mconley, Morgan
    csaws, Morgan
    KDUBCR250, Morgan
    mconley, Morgan
    smokingman, Johnson
    Chefcook, Unknown
    right winger, Sullivan
    4sarge, Sullivan
    Gump, Monroe
    Anne Oakley, Greene
    Bull, Jennings
    INRanger, Martin
    jblomenberg16, Jackson
    Lucas156

Area 4 (Coordinators ?):

INRanger, Martin
    gun_nut, Gibson Co.

UPDATE 07/10/09

Due to being overwhelmed with Appleseed and INGO Moderating, I have neglected the MSG activities. Thankfully, longbow has stepped forward to take over and start making things happen again. My thanks to him and I look forward to seeing more picnics, shoots, and training sessions. Thanks to everyone!
    I will voulenteer to coordinate for MSG4 and the dude wants to help out when he can. I have alot of survival traing ,the BOL(bunker) for MSG4 members,access to 500 yard range,Certified Firearms Instructor,and medical training among other things. Anyone in the MSG4 area contact me if youre interested and we will find out when everyone is available and set up a meeting schedule.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Mods: I don't know if this is the right area for this or not. Feel free to edit, delete, or move if need be. (Thanks)

I just bought a house about 6 miles south of Martinsville. I would like to correspond with someone in MSG3 for several reasons.

1: I'd like to get to know some people in my area.

2: I'd like to find out more about my new AO.

3: I'd be interested in helping if I can.

PM me please.

Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010

I'm located down in MSG3 in the city of Bloomington. You can add me to the list. PM me for any needed information. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom