• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Perhaps some serious individuals maybe interested in a group buy? Even those without money could help with some laborous tasks?

The aspect of 'actually getting there' is a whole new ordeal, but the end all, is that it would exist. Which might be more than enough for others.
    Thats something I've considered, would be an undertaking and would not really want that many people but it could be done

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Would love to have more, but I'm thinking of the NSHTF situation. Multiple people equals multiple problems. ie... people wanting out of the deal and so on. I though about getting a place and just doing a little sublease type of situation where there were not ownership issues. Once SHTF, probably more is better but until then thinking about logistics.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Logistic's and ownership is a problem. A major issue actually, which I suppose having a group of like minded, individuals is a MUST.

When Im talking land, Im talking about a good peice of land, which is able to promote sustainability, but also allow for retainmeant of some aspects of civilizations, as far as children are concerned with Schooling/library.

But also in the storage.

Going out on a limb, but one idea was to group buy a peice of land, and raise up land in 3 Horse-shoe patterns, to provide natural protection.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Would love to have more, but I'm thinking of the NSHTF situation. Multiple people equals multiple problems. ie... people wanting out of the deal and so on. I though about getting a place and just doing a little sublease type of situation where there were not ownership issues. Once SHTF, probably more is better but until then thinking about logistics.

Yeah, this would be my objection to this type of deal. For instance: yearly taxes. What happens if someone can't pay his share when they are due? What happens if someone wants out of the deal because they are moving, or need the money? Could everyone else afford to buy his 'share' at that time? Etc.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    A group buy allows, IMO the ability to make a purchase without being in threat of over spending they're budget
    I agree and would love to try something out but like was pointing out, there are financial logistics which could cause problems. I'm continuing to look for a small plot and may put out an offer to go in with someone or sublease some areas. I'm definitely open to possibilities.

kpt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Northeast Indy
    I just stumbled onto this site a few days ago and have been cruising the various topics... I have thought a long time about this particular topic, and now with wife and small kids, have growing concern over living in "near-north" Indy... the "bad seed" in the neighborhood is a bunch of wanna-be thugs smoking/dealing weed on their porch, but seem to be respectful of my wife and kids on the street ("Hi, ma'am"... tho I won't turn my back on them)... Sooner is definitely better for getting out of Indy...
    When it was only myself to worry about life was good and I could "take 'em all"... but now dependents has added a twist that I don't feel I fully have a handle on and the idea of "friendlies in the 'hood" has peeked my interest.
    Any others in my situation I'd like to hear from...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've just stumbled on this site as well. For those thinking about moving downstate, you might want to check out a geo map for the New Madrid fault. There are many things that can cause SHTF, natural disaster is one. A major earthquake would disrupt the local highway system badly enough that food supplies in the cities could become "iffy" A homestead in the Wabash River Valley might end up as a sink hole or under water.

Having said that, my current disaster plan requires a 300 mi move westward from Indy to a relative's small town in downstate Illinois. Not looking forward to that, so I would like seeing a local alternative.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've just stumbled on this site as well. For those thinking about moving downstate, you might want to check out a geo map for the New Madrid fault. There are many things that can cause SHTF, natural disaster is one. A major earthquake would disrupt the local highway system badly enough that food supplies in the cities could become "iffy" A homestead in the Wabash River Valley might end up as a sink hole or under water.

Having said that, my current disaster plan requires a 300 mi move westward from Indy to a relative's small town in downstate Illinois. Not looking forward to that, so I would like seeing a local alternative.

Scientists are now saying that the New Madrid fault line may not be responsible for that massive quake, but instead the Wabash Valley Fault line which has been very active over the last 23 years and has been increasing it frequency of larger quakes that have been felt in Southwestern Indiana.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Scientists are now saying that the New Madrid fault line may not be responsible for that massive quake, but instead the Wabash Valley Fault line which has been very active over the last 23 years and has been increasing it frequency of larger quakes that have been felt in Southwestern Indiana.

The geo map I remember from the mid-90s (the last time I looked), showed Indiana is riddled with fault lines, of which the two biggest are those connected to New Madrid and Wabash Valley. No matter which fault lets go, a catastrophic earthquake will devastate the state infrastructure, making it difficult to get supplies of food, medicine, and shelter to those in need. It will also make evacuation more difficult and may force those of us who plan on getting out of Dodge rather than sheltering-in-place to change our evacuation plans radically or might even force us to stay in place.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I am in...!!!! I live in Morgan County... Area 3.. I have a wired work schedule,but if I am off ,I can usually do whatever. Let me know... send a pm or whatever...!!! Thanks.!!!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My wife and I are in for area 2 east in Randolph County.

I've got experience with reloading and casting, equipment for both. I need to renew my CPR cert but have experience with that as well. We own a 220+ acre farm and when I can find the time it will have a shooting range on it. :ar15:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom