• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So when do Google, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms start banning Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists for spreading fake news?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So, what's the consensus now? Is Mueller still a bad guy, or did he and he (as previously said) angry Democrat investigators conduct an honorable investigation?

My post from upthread on my thoughts of Mueller and his team.

They play dirty for sure. I'm not totally convinced that Mueller and his team were exactly dealing on the up and up behind the scenes. One example is what they tried to do to Jerome Corsi over the wikileaks DNC email dump and the disemination of the information. Mueller's team wanted to pin something on Trump over that.

He claims they tried to get him to take a plea deal for some bogus procedural crime they could charge him with in exchange for making false statements to buttress their case against Trump but Corsi refused to take any such deal. Said he would rather go to jail than testfiy to what they wanted him to say (basically lie). If I remember correctly Corsi made a big stink at the time and threatned to take legal action against Mueller's team and would'nt you know it the Mueller investigation ended without Corsi being charged.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Every liberal I've talked to is latching onto the "does not exonerate" part.

Of course it doesn't exonerate him, that wasn't the point, the point was to indict him. You cannot prove a negative anyway.
    You can too prove a negative. You just can’t prove it in an infinite or unknowable domain of facts. The case of collusion doesn’t really fit that. It’s difficulty makes it impractical, so it’s impractical to prove this negative. But not impossible. In this case, though not practical to overturn every stone, enough stones we’re overturned to reasonably assure an objective person that it’s extremely unlikely that there was collusion. Of course to a biased person... :runaway: Collusion!

The obstruction part is simpler. It seemed that Bar was saying that if there’s no evidence of a crime, it’s kinda hard to prove there was any willful obstruction. Most of the cries of obstruction revolve around the firing of Comey. But Trump gave us a very easy to believe, very Trumpian reason for firing Comey. It was because Comey wouldn’t say the words he wanted him to say, publicly. Kinda petty, as I said, very Trumpian, but within his power to do as president.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Watching Savannah Guthrie right now. I think she's going to grind her teeth down to nubs if she's not careful... :):
    LOL, you can almost feel her pain right through the screen. I wonder if she was stamping her foot the entire interview with Sarah. Then in the little panel they had, that other chick... whew, she was really upset as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL, you can almost feel her pain right through the screen. I wonder if she was stamping her foot the entire interview with Sarah. Then in the little panel they had, that other chick... whew, she was really upset as well.

It is just so obvious that when the left wants it to be then it is just going to be that way. Amazing. Life has some downsides. Grow a set and deal with it.

Oh, and while you are acquiring adult status be as critical of your people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apparently if you say "he wasn't exonerated" three times in an interview, you gain magical powers.

George Snufflupogus said something to the effect, he wasn’t exonerated on obstruction but Bar stepped in to do that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think this meltdown will be second only to the 2016 election. Waiting for people to dust off their ***** hats and start the protests.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    George Snufflupogus said something to the effect, he wasn’t exonerated on obstruction but Bar stepped in to do that.
    Barr’s exoneration is invalid because he’s impartial according to the Democrats and the talking heads. He should’ve recused himself because Trump picked him for AG.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Barr’s exoneration is invalid because he’s impartial according to the Democrats and the talking heads. He should’ve recused himself because Trump picked him for AG.

I kinda tend to agree with Bar. It’s incredible to say it’s obstruction when you can’t even say a crime was committed. Now if Mueller did find evidence of collusion and recommended impeachment, there would likely have been a recommendation for obstruction charges too.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I kinda tend to agree with Bar. It’s incredible to say it’s obstruction when you can’t even say a crime was committed. Now if Mueller did find evidence of collusion and recommended impeachment, there would likely have been a recommendation for obstruction charges too.
    I think it was in the report that Mueller’s investigation wasn’t impeded in any way. The AG has an obligation to report any such issue to Congress if it was. There really is nothing to hang an obstruction charge on.

Top Bottom