• Which do you prefer, AMD or Intel?

• Total voters
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    AMD or Intel? :D

What is your platform of choice?

I'm an AMD guy myself, for two reasons...

1. I think AMD provides more bang for your buck. Building anything Intel based is SO much more expensive vs. building the equivalent, or close, using AMD processors/chipsets.

2. IMHO, AMD provides much needed competition for Intel...and as a result, folks on both sides of the fence benefit from better products and lower prices.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Over the past twenty years, I've had computers with one or the other. I couldn't tell the difference.
    So many other components make or break the machine.... graphics card, amount of memory, hard disk/DVD speed, sound card, etc.:twocents:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Intel has the Blue dudes :D

pic_showtime_blueman.jpg

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Near the turn of the century it mattered, it used to be a much bigger difference and I was hardcore AMD fan, their chipsets and prices were superior. Now it honestly doesn't really matter. Not to mention with the recent anti-trust lawsuit that AMD had against Intel, then Intel setteled with AMD for $1.25 billion, they essentially bought out AMD because they are using the technology they stole (this is all from memory, i apologize if it's wrong). So now it doesn't really matter, for what it's worth I'm running an Intel right now.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Just Sayin'
    img_1678.JPG

Oh, Intel, AMD, the CPU doesn't make a difference. The chipset that supports the CPU however..... INTEL 11 out of 10 times.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    AMD or Intel? :D

What is your platform of choice?

I'm an AMD guy myself, for two reasons...

1. I think AMD provides more bang for your buck. Building anything Intel based is SO much more expensive vs. building the equivalent, or close, using AMD processors/chipsets.

2. IMHO, AMD provides much needed competition for Intel...and as a result, folks on both sides of the fence benefit from better products and lower prices.

I agree, I build my own PC's, still, and have never used Intel, due to spedd vs cost, but speed primarily.

Top Bottom