• Which do you prefer, AMD or Intel?

• Total voters

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Back when I used to build boxes, I was pretty much switching off between the two for every build. The constant oneupmanship worked out really well for me. Anymore though I think that AMD has fallen behind the curve a little. My last few machines have all been Intel because they were and are the ones that deliver the goods for what I need. Kinda like why my last two laptops have been Dell Precision, as much as I am not a dell fan they have what I need for a reasonable price.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Sure, the intel processor makes a bigger hole, but the AMD processor is more readily available, and the newer ones are comparable in performance. Things have changed a lot since the Miami debacle when the bad guy hackers were using intel processors and the FBI computer experts were using underpowered AMD processors.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    When I first got into the world of building my own computers, I was told that AMD gave you more processing power for the money and that AMD was the choice of gamers everywhere. I started off with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+. When my motherboard eventually died, I replaced the CPU with an AMD Athlon 64 4000+. Eventually that new motherboard died too, and Socket 939 was no longer an option.

After doing some reading on the internet earlier this year, I decided that Intel was manufacturing the best dual core processors on the market, so I picked up a Core 2 Duo E8400. With the stock CPU fan, I'm seeing lower temperatures than I ever saw with my AMD processors. Furthermore, my system seems to be a lot more stable.

I was not impressed with AMD, but this Intel CPU was really worth the money. For $165, I don't think AMD can beat it.

I think Intel is the leader of the dual core market.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Up until the C2D I was all AMD, but then when they started falling so far behind in performance I gave up on them. Socket-A, 754 and 939 were the golden days of AMD IMHO.

Now Intel seems to dominate in performance and price, plus Intel powers my beloved Apple computers :):

Top Bottom